Protesters stop traffic on Interstate, What would you do?

Guest AmericanWorkMule

In TN we have "Stand Your Ground" even in our vehicles, correct?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Protesters stop interstate traffic, What would you Honestly do?

• Plow through?
    • Stop, Stand Your Ground?
    • Retreat, drive in Reverse?

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Do we stop and take our chances, Standing Our Ground, in our vehicle?

If I had to get somewhere, like the hospital, with the van full of my family I would want to just plow through and not take a chance.

Most likely face consequences later, it seems in this day and age. if we plowed through and hurt someone trying to block the road we would be painted the aggressor and prosecuted.

Most likely I would retreat and find another route like during any other disaster setting

Houston Protesters block traffic

9173698_448x252.jpg

Reginald Denny 1992 Los Angeles riots

ReginaldDenny.jpg

Sorry, I left off a lot of info. The first pic is from Houston a few days ago, the second is from the 1992 LA Riots

Edited by AmericanWorkMule
Depends on situation. If I have to get down that road for some reason, or if they show major aggression towards me or other drivers then the AR comes out, and we find out just how badly they wanna block that road. If they are blocking the road but not being super aggresive then Id lock the doors, handgun on lap and use the horn and push my way through. If it wasn't critcal to travel the road then Id find another route if they weren't physically attacking others.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Like 4
Why aren't police shooting these clowns with beanbags and rubber bullets?

These people don't look violent, so no, I wouldn't take any offensive action other than calling the Popo and telling them to get these people off the road. Due to the amount of traffic that is backed up it doesn't appear to have been blocked very long, so I'm sure the cops were on the way.

My AK I keep with me would be on my lap though. These folks turn violent at the drop of a hat once they realize they have the upper hand.... usually when a democrap politician, such as a mayor or Commiefornia police chief, decides to observe and not intervene (for fear it will make matters worse). When that happens I'll be using their bodies for sandbags in case they decide to come back and get another lesson in why gun owners are self reliant on their security.

Why aren't police shooting these clowns with beanbags and rubber bullets?

These people don't look violent, so no, I wouldn't take any offensive action other than calling the Popo and telling them to get these people off the road. Due to the amount of traffic that is backed up it doesn't appear to have been blocked very long, so I'm sure the cops were on the way.

The second picture loks violent, truck windshield busted and driver laying on the ground bloody and beaten.

The second picture loks violent, truck windshield busted and driver laying on the ground bloody and beaten.

The second one is from the LA riots. The police watched that as well as other assaults and murders take place on innocent people and did absolutely nothing. Proof that taking no action against violent rioters emboldens them and makes matters worse; much like a young child let to run amok in a restaurant without a parent intervening. They will push the limits.

When riots happen police should be able to lethal force on all participants. Something we used to say in Iraq, "innocent people don't come running to the sound of gunfire." This meant that when the funk hit the fan, everyone not running away or pancaking themselves to the pavement is a target. Sounds harsh, but it is absolutely true.

Referring specifically to these protesters here, they are breaking the law and are causing a hazard by blocking the interstate. Backups like these cause deadly accidents. Ambulances need to get to where they are going. As a citizen, I'll wait for the cops to come and enforce the law. But like I said, these clowns can turn violent in an instant if they are free to roam unchecked. When that happens you can bet everyone in those first few lines of vehicles would be a target. Think there are any young children and babies in those cars, sitting helpless and strapped into their carseats? Parents not knowing what may happen? Having no possible escape as they are blocked in? Yep, anyone comes near my car with my babies in it they will be staring down a barrel of an AK. If they decide to get violent every last person in that crowd deserves to be shot.
  • Like 3

In Houston, the idiots were taking their kids down onto the freeway

Once again, where are the bean bags and rubber bullets? What exactly are they accomplishing here others than terrorizing innocent people?
  • Like 1

In Houston, the idiots were taking their kids down onto the freeway

Once again, where are the bean bags and rubber bullets? What exactly are they accomplishing here others than terrorizing innocent people?

Some bean bags and barricades would go a long way. Protesting is an American Freedom, but once you step on that freeway or threaten me your rights end.

At any given time there is at least an AR15 and 6 fully loaded mags in my car.  If I am faced with a deadly threat from a mob with no more sense than to try and take a person as heavily armed as myself, I will gladly empty every single mag.

Cheers.

• Like 4

I use to live in that Houston neighborhood almost 50 years ago.  It was quiet and peaceful back then--as many communities were that aren't today.  I believe that the police are snake bit over this racial mood today.  Another killing would be like throwing gas on the flame.  But if you do little or nothing, it's like throwing gas on the flame.  Something's gotta give.

A lot depends on the situation of course but my first reaction would be to turn around and find a different route. I don't see the need to put myself it eminent danger voluntarily. It just seems stupid.

Kinda hard to do that on the interstate, especially when you don't have access to the highway going the opposite direction. These drivers are trapped and have no options.
  • Like 1
Man that pisses me off! As mentioned above, there is no doubt there are probably mothers with babies in some of those cars or older people who couldn't defend themselves. I would really like to know how this fiasco ended, probably with police being polite, while being yelled at as the protesters walked off as slowly as they wanted
What does” stand your ground” or the attack on Reginald Denny during the LA riots have to do with this incident? Were the protesters attacking someone?

I don’t see a link to a story, so I’m not sure what the intent of your pictorial is?

What does” stand your ground” or the attack on Reginald Denny during the LA riots have to do with this incident? Were the protesters attacking someone?

I don’t see a link to a story, so I’m not sure what the intent of your pictorial is?

In Houston? There are varying levels of stupid. That would be one of the highest.

Because you know Denny's name, you are probably familiar with the incident and the LA riots which precipitated it.  In the Houston incident, protestors (rioters) were challenging and attacking drivers--one grandmother in particular who was trying to get her granddaughter to a nearby hospital.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/17/caught-on-tape-pro-trayvon-martin-protesters-attack-grandmother-and-refuse-to-let-family-take-child-to-hospital/

The key denominator in both of these incidents is a racial vendetta.  In LA, it was the acquittal of police officers who beat Rodney King.  In Houston, it was the acquittal of George Zimmerman for killing Trayvon Martin in self defense.

However, another element coming to the forefront in these recent riots and protests is the attack on our 2nd Amendment right, on which the Stand Your Ground law is based.  It's purely an attempt to control guns.

• Like 1
Guest Emtdaddy1980

http://m.click2houston.com/news/local-familys-emergency-trip-to-hospital-interrupted-by-protestors/-/16714936/21009282/-/yfu3jvz/-/index.html

There ya go.

For what its worth if I had been in that vehicle trying to get MY child to the hospital then the idiot protestor would have eaten an fmj the moment his wrist crossed between the A and B posts of the vehicle. Lets see how long their rioutous indignation and resolve holds out when I'm pedal to the floor with their limp comrade flapping in the breeze like a coon tail on the general Lee. Edited by Emtdaddy1980

Quanell X, the community activist who planned the event, told Local 2 he thought the protest was peaceful.
He also said he gave specific instructions to participants not to break any laws and not to touch or harm anyone.

Quanell, it’s obvious from that video your thugs didn’t pay any more attention to you than they do the law.

Since you can’t control your members the Police will be stepping in to do it for you. I’m sure you will try to cover for the criminal that attacked that woman trying to get her granddaughter to the hospital. However, that is pretty good video and he will be identified when one of his friends drop a dime on him because they need a break from the Police. Then you will have your own martyr and can protest at his trial.

That innocent child could have died because of your reckless action of having protesters block the vehicle. I know that wouldn’t bother you though.
  • Like 1
Guest ThePunisher

What does” stand your ground” or the attack on Reginald Denny during the LA riots have to do with this incident? Were the protesters attacking someone?I don’t see a link to a story, so I’m not sure what the intent of your pictorial is?

It's highly probable that these protesters didn't get permission permits to stage a friendly protest, nor would they have been given a permit to protest on the interstate. These protests were nothing more than attempts to terrorize people, and if anything bad had happened, then they can accept the consequences. This was law breaking and giving the police and community the middle finger at its best. A lot of people remember the Rodney King riot incident pictured above, and it's the reason more people carry guns in their vehicles for self-protection. Any attacks on these people in their cars would have been reason enough for justified self-defense.
Guest 270win

Everyone has a right to protest.  The key is protesting in a place that does not block access to a public street of people peaceably passing through. 

The police could have easily fixed this problem with tear gas if the crowd did not want to leave that freeway.