Raining in all 50 states

jgradyc

Yesterday and today, we've had rain in all 50 states at the same time. I don't remember seeing this very often.

It's fine by me. I'd rather have rain and 78 degrees where I live than sun and 100 degrees.

Screw this much rain. Its killing me at work. Ive been working with my father in law. Hes a general contractor but we do mostly masonry, so rain puts us behind schedule and low on funds.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

This summer has been awful if you like getting in the pool/lake.  There hasn't been much sun, its rained a ton and it hasn't been particularly warm.  I may have been in my pool like 10 timses the entire year, and not one of those days hasn't been overcast with threatening rain. 

Also, my garden is moldy from the lack of sun. 

Honestly, the prettiest weekend this year was back in march, in Knoxville this week.  I recall the weekend of The Home Show was mid 80's and sunny all weekend. 

Screw this much rain. Its killing me at work. Ive been working with my father in law. Hes a general contractor but we do mostly masonry, so rain puts us behind schedule and low on funds.

I feel for you bother....but my garden sure loves it. It's a raised bed and drains very well. I have a pumpkin in there right now hitting about 50lbs or better. I can't get my arms around it. More tomatoes and cucumbers than we (and the neighbors) can eat. Plus it ain't been near as hot and I just can't stand hot weather.

Yep, I hate it for you. Laying block and stone in the rain don't work very well dot it? Lol!

That is just awful.... like Seattle, except, you know, minus the giant amount of "hipsters".

True, but it only rains for 20-30 minutes and then the sun comes back out. I prefer it because I don't have to water my lawn.

Guest TankerHC
I can see all this rain is hurting a lot of people. Saw it this morning, stopped to get gas there was a farmer with a truck load of cantaloupe. Thought i would get one, walked up to see how much. Said he couldn't sell them, every one was rotten due to all the rain, these came off his friends farm, feeding them to his hogs. I also notice the little daily farmers market they set up in front of old Rhea county courthouse which usually has 6-9 farmers out there has been down to 2 or 3 lately. Not a farmer but guessing too much rain is as bad as not enough.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Too much rain is worse.  Assuming you have access to a water hose.

You'd be surprised how many people whom are home owners don't.

For those without one;

Step 1. Get in automobile

Step 2. Go to local hardware/home improvement/wally world

Step 3. Use procured hose

Step 4. Stop being a dumbass

Guest TankerHC
I couldn't find a link to that but i mentioned it to my wife after reading the first comment on that yesterday and she already knew because she had seen it on the news

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

• Administrator

This rain has delayed constructing of our new home for the past two weeks.  It's got to stop sooner or later or we're going end up moving about 2 months later than originally planned.

This rain has delayed constructing of our new home for the past two weeks. It's got to stop sooner or later or we're going end up moving about 2 months later than originally planned.

We did a basement last month. We would come in, lay block from 7:00 to 12:30, pack up, go eat lunch and drive home in the rain. It rained without fail everyday for the entire 2 weeks we laid block, starting between 1200 and 100. Construction across the state is taking a hit, and its especially rough getting footers dug and poured and block and brick laid right now. I feel your pain man.