Gun Shops: Don't ya just hate em!?

Guest Phantom6

Love the new look Joe. The only commment that I would have regarding your policies page would be if you accept or ship transfers you might want to put something about your requirements for that on the page.

:dirty:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT!?!...you own your own store Joe, what do you mean you don't have enough time. Nothing but free time for you self-employed folks is what I thought.....huh? (hahaha...hehehe?)

lol.....good luck dude. I think I am heading dwn your way this week.

Guest GUTTERbOY
I like the website a lot better.

Gotta love good old wordpress. :D

Yup. Even though it's technically a blogging engine, it works pretty well as a basic CMS as well. Definitely cheaper than custom development, that's for sure. And it's less complex than some of the "real" CMS packages out there like Drupal.

Guest JavaGuy

From the new policies page..

Treat every gun as if it’s loaded. It doesn’t matter if you have checked the chamber 100 times, or if you just took it out of a factory sealed box, please be conscious of where your muzzle is pointed.

Bottom line: Don’t point your gun at us, and we won't point our guns at you.

Just fix those two little things - otherwise, it looks good.

Guest bkelm18
So we are redoing our website, and I have added a Policies page.

http://hero-gear.com/?page_id=100&preview=true

What do you guys think?

What am I leaving out?

Usually, if I ask if the given price is "out the door", I'm not asking if they are going to charge me sales tax or not, I'm asking to find out if tax has been figured in already or not.

Edited by bkelm18

Well, I guess my point is that sometimes we get someone working to get the absolute lowest price on the gun.

If the gun is listed at 559.00 and we knock say 40 bucks off to 509.00, and we have both agreed that those are fair prices everyone can live with, so prick will then come in at the last moment and say "thats out the door....right?"

So basically saying "I know we just negotiated the price to a fair price, but how about you take another 60 bucks off"

Most of the time (especially on handguns in this range) 30-50 bucks MORE off would mean the dealer is losing money. Which I prefer not to do.

Guest bkelm18

Yeah, I know what you meant by it, I'm just saying not everyone who asks it is trying to weazle you out of your money. I'd get pissed off too if someone asked me to not collect tax from them.

I've always wondered why so many people can't grasp the concept of a "one price, out the door" sticker.

I would love to be able to see a price tag and know that price is what I pay to leave the building with the merchandise. It would make things simpler.

I dunno how you gun shop guys deal with it all. Heck I am just trying to sell a personally owned rifle and I get people trying to Christian me down on a posted price.

I hate the haggling crap. I could not deal with it if I owned a store.

I would love to be able to see a price tag and know that price is what I pay to leave the building with the merchandise. It would make things simpler.

I dunno how you gun shop guys deal with it all. Heck I am just trying to sell a personally owned rifle and I get people trying to Christian me down on a posted price.

I hate the haggling crap. I could not deal with it if I owned a store.

Mike,

That's agood price on your gun. If I did't have so many I'd buy it for myself. I would not let anyone jew you down any further than you already came down. Shoot your grandson would appreciate it more than that.:wall:

I feel the same way. I only purchase guns (I'm not a dealer, so I don't sell) and when I'm in the market for one, I'm going to pay the price marked because I'ved already shopped around and know what the average/fair price is. I've only ever paid cash, too. To see a price tag with price, tax, and BGC listed and totalled would be alot simpler.

Then I'd know if I had enough left in my stash for holster, extra mags, and ammo.:wall:

Are the prices on your stickers “out the door�

Because I’ve never seen that.

Tried it a couple of times and it was a disaster. The customers couldn't really grasp the concept.

Might give it another shot in a week or so just to see if anything has changed.

The customers like to think they are getting a special buddy deal. If they can talk the dealer down and the dealer gives them an OTD special price, the customer feels good about it - even if the special OTD price is the same as they would have gotten from an OTD tag.

• Administrator
I'm guessing Guterboy developed this site?

Looks good! Even if a one year old tootler did it :D

Wow... how many people were working on the new Hero Gear site for the past year anyway? I know I was tasked with it for a while, then found out that EasilyObsessed was asked to do it also. Now Gutterboy?

Anyway, I'm glad to see it finally coming together. Wordpress should do the trick but I'd still look at Joomla if you want to work in more customizations.

• Administrator
Tried it a couple of times and it was a disaster. The customers couldn't really grasp the concept.

Might give it another shot in a week or so just to see if anything has changed.

Set up a small section of popular guns and put a sign on it that says "All guns priced as marked... out the door!" and see what happens. :D