Joe Carr to run against Democrat incumbent Lamar Alexander...

I thought i had read that Blackburn was supporting Lamar, is so why would anyone support her. Seems kinda of Rinoesque ? 

Pretty much every "Republican" in the State is publicly supporting Alexander, as all the Leadership of this State is tied to the Liberal ideals that he espouses.  Haslam and Harwell have been alter persons for him forever, he shines his light on their actions and HE can do not wrong in their eyes.

I remember Maggart said her only job was to bolster the brand, that a walk-off proof majority was the linchpin of her craft, damn the Constitution and what is the right thing to do.

The People got tired of it, and could do so again!

• Like 1

Saturday, the Alexander team announced that Rep. Jimmy Duncan of Knoxville will chair his re-election bid to the U.S. Senate and that the "Honorary Co-chairs" are Gov. Bill Haslam, Sen. Bob Corker, Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey, Speaker Beth Harwell and Congressmen Marsha Blackburn, Phil Roe, Diane Black, Stephen Fincher and Chuck Fleischmann.

quoted from Nashville City Paper

Most all of the people you just named were at one point being sought after to run against Lamar. But just as quick as he would catch wind of it, he would go straight away and hire them to his team. It's a lot easier to pay them not to run than it is to try to rip that many folks apart.
Honestly though, if a person can be bought this early on, they wouldn't have been worth a damn anyways... Just more of the same old Washington BS.
Guest ThePunisher
What made Alexander to change his mind about running for re-election. Two years ago he said he wasn't gonna run again.

BTW, Alexander doesn't have to be a shoo-in to win the primary, especially if all us gun owners unite together to vote him out of office. Edited by ThePunisher

Here's your chance to at least snub your nose at Lamar if nothing else.  :usa:

The Alexander machine will be a tough one to stop but Joe has got my vote and some of my money.

I am answering the call. Will you help us?

View this email in your browser color-facebook-128.png Facebook color-twitter-128.png Twitter color-link-128.png Website JoeCarrLogo.jpg

Dear Keith,
Ginny and I have been humbled beyond measure by the outpouring of prayer, encouragement and financial support in our run for Congress. Time and time again those same people have said; ‘Our nation is in crisis, and the American dream is slipping away. We need somebody who will fight for us. Will you please run against Lamar Alexander?’ After serious thought and prayer, as well as repeated requests, I felt compelled to answer the call and enter the race for United States Senate. Conservatives deserve a clear voice in this election, and conservative champions like Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and Rand Paul need a strong ally from Tennessee in the US Senate.

Since I first announced my congressional exploratory committee eight months ago I have received literally hundreds and hundreds of requests from Tennesseans asking me to run for the US Senate instead of the US House. Tennesseans are hungry for strong, principled, conservative leadership. So I am answering the call.

Lamar Alexander has failed to advance the conservative movement and change Washington. He voted for amnesty for 11 million illegals, supported funding Obamacare and rubber stamped Obama‘s appointments to cabinet level positions and the Supreme Court. Voting with President Obama 62% of the time is unacceptable. He’s become part of the problem. The only way to change the culture in Washington, is to change the men and women we send there.

I will advance the conservative movement in Washington. I will fight for the Constitution and the first principles that made our country great: personal responsibility, individual liberty, and limited government. I will stand firm in defense of the 2nd amendment and ensure that the lives of the unborn have a strong and vocal advocate.  The Judeo-Christian values that helped frame this nation are under constant attack, and it’s time we had somebody from Tennessee in Washington who is willing to fight back for those first principles that founded this great nation.

I have no illusions. This is David versus Goliath. But I have extraordinary faith in my fellow Tennesseans. They will see through the spin and the rhetoric and recognize they have a clear choice to elect a conservative fighter. I will work tirelessly, and I will give my all for Tennessee.

But I can't do it without you. Will you help us take our message to Washington by generously donating $100$250 orwhatever you can afford today?

We're grateful for your support.

Stand Firm,

image003dd60b9.png
  Copyright © 2013 Joe Carr for US Senate, All rights reserved.

Edited by kieefer

I have met with Joe Carr in person and spoken with him on the phone.  He is a very strong candidate and will support our constitutional rights, no matter what.  He has my vote.  I sent him an email to his personal email address letting him know that I'm here to help in the Maryville area.  Even if it means just knocking on doors.  I want Lamar Alexander out of the Senate as soon as possible.  

I am looking forward to having a Senator Joe Carr in Washington D.C. to represent our interests.

• Like 1

A credible opponent could take this race regardless of dollars, IF we would do the Maggart thing and get enough people involved.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/08/18/Exclusive-Poll-Sen-Alexander-Trails-Generic-Conservative-by-5-Points

From the article:

Cruz had almost no money in Texas and spanked the pants off the "sure thing"

They can spend 10 mil, but if they can't get people off their ass and to the polls, it is wasted.

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 1
Guest ThePunisher
We have a recent history of candidates winning against establishment republicans candidates. Mike Lee in Utah, Rand Paul in Kentucky, Ted Cruz in Texas, and Marco Rubio in Florida all overcame the odds and won, and I certainly believe Joe Carr can beat Alexander. But if people remain apathetic like they did in the 2012 presidential election, then we will have Alexander joining the Libtards for another six years.
I'm very excited to hear that Joe Carr is running and I will do my part in supporting him, but for him to win it is gonna take a unified effort all across Tennessee of supporting and voting for him. Edited by ThePunisher

The establishment Republicans are fighting back hard against the conservatives. This will make it harder for the new Ted Cruz/Rand Paul types to win but it can be done. The establishment Republicans where surprised by these guys last time. They don't  plan on being surprised this time. Look how Alexander has already started spending money and getting co-sponsors for his re-election.  Carr will need to go door to door- county by county and be able to explain in a calm articulate voice why conservatism is the way to go.  Seems a lot of so-called faux conservatives can't make the case only the cliches for the misinformed. 

For those of us who are complaining about RINOS and the such,  shame on us if we don't put our money and effort where out mouth is.. Don't get sidetracked and hoodwinked again by Faux conservatives, make the effort to find the real conservative and help him get elected.... if it's Joe Carr than support him 

• Like 1

That could easily change. Lamar has all his "friends" close, possibly so one of them might not challenge him. Ever thought

about it that way? Maybe Marsha is a RINO, but I haven't felt that way about her. She is conservative enough for me.

Perhaps it's more of a gut feeling but I've been seeing signs, I think, that Marsha is on the verge of just falling in line with all the known RINOs - whether it's the RINO virus that seems to prevail in DC or maybe she's just tired of fighting the fight I don't know but I think this current term ought to be her last so we can get some new blood in there.

I see no reason to be pessimistic about Carr's chances to unseat that worthless RINO Alexander (in fact, Alexander is so worthless I don't even think he deserves the honor of being called a RINO; he's really just a progressive who wants to call himself a Republican).

The main hurdle Carr has to overcome right now is money and THAT can be taken care of if people just donate to his campaign...lot's of folks on this board have been complaining about Alexander for years; well, now it's time to put your money where your complaints have been...I don't care if its' $1, $5 or $5,000...it all helps.

I'll at least be donating $$$ by the end of the week and probably throughout the campaign and maybe try to find a way to help physically with his campaign...if you want Alexander out of there then you should do the same.

• Like 4
Guest ThePunisher

I voted against Corker, and I'll vote against Alexander, but I think Chris Christie has a better chance of winning the Boston Marathon next year than Joe Carr has of unseating Lamar. Hope I'm wrong.

There are over 19 thousand members of TGO, and that kind of united influence along with family and friends can go a long way to defeating Alexander in the primary.

I voted against Corker, and I'll vote against Alexander, but I think Chris Christie has a better chance of winning the Boston Marathon next year than Joe Carr has of unseating Lamar. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm not saying that beating Alexander for the nomination is or would be easy for anyone but it's hardly as impossible as your analogy puts forth s many an entrenched politician has discovered (including discovered in the not so distant past).  ;)

Those who "always vote for Lamar" are a lost cause of course.  As usual, it will be those voters who are ready for a change who will make the difference and I think there are enough of them who find Lamar detestable that they'll gladly cast their vote for an alternative; especially a quality alternative which I believe Joe Carr is...all Carr really needs is campaign funds to that the people who don't know him can get to know him.

• Like 1

RE:  This question:

What made Alexander to change his mind about running for re-election. Two years ago he said he wasn't gonna run again.

BTW, Alexander doesn't have to be a shoo-in to win the primary, especially if all us gun owners unite together to vote him out of office.

My guess is that its a deal made with the Haslams to let Bill finish up a "sucessful" governorship of tennesse with a "successful record of fiscal responsibility and job growth" (...remember, governors are very likely to become presidential candidates...) and pave the way for a senate run.  I think the "grand deal" is to have the Haslams back Ramsey for governor at the appropriate time and ole Bill can "move up" (...so to speak...) to the national scene ALA the senate seat.  

After another 7 years; lamar will be 80 years old.  Old enough (...in his mind, i'm sure...) to enter "honored retirement" as another "great political figure" from tennessee ALA Howard Baker; and allow his "mantle" to fall on the "Snozz" ALA the Baker/Alexander thing.   My guess is that Alexander's bank account will get fatter in "consulting fees" if all this works out.  The good news is that he aint gettin any younger.

As an aside; you've got to remember that lamar is in the enviable position of having a very diversified political base (...ALA Howard Baker....).  He has everybody; from treehuggers, to teachers, to college professors, to businessmen in his camp.  That is how he can afford to offend us "delightful rustic" conservatives with impunity. 

Lamar is far closer to a "new deal democrat" and a "fat-cat blue nose republican" than he is anything else; everything is a "deal" to him; and, after all, he knows best (...ALA the old "Whats good for General Bullmose is good to the USA" thing...).  He is politically smart, utterly ruthless, and terribly vindictive.  That scares a bunch of the political class where everything is a "deal" and survival depends on "back door deals".   It'll take some real backbone, integrity, intellect, and grassroots support to beat him.  He (...if nothin else...) is a very formidable adversary on any level ya want to operate on.

wonderin leroy

Edited by leroy

Primaries are the perfect time to "risk" a vote. Believe it or not, I'd vote for Basil Marceaux over Alexander and consider it a vote well spent.

Somebody's gotta get this traitor out of office and Mr. Carr is just the man to do it. He's one of the good guys, IMHO.

• Like 2

I'm glad they put up a poll and I'm glad you posted it. However, they screwed the poll up early, letting people vote multiple times. Just saying...not sure we can trust the results.

Looks like we have a chance to play democrat and vote numerous times.  :D

• Like 1
Guest Bassman17SC

I remember sometime in the past (maybe while he was governor?), he basically said his ideology was thus: "1/3 conservative, 1/3 moderate, and 1/3 liberal."  More like 2/3 liberal and 1/3 moderate, IMHO.

My only concern in the primary is that anyone can vote. 

At any rate, it is time to put our money where our mouth is...

http://www.carrfortn.com/

Edited by Bassman17SC

My only concern in the primary is that anyone can vote. 

Yeah, I wish TN would change to closed primaries. I don't like the idea of a bunch of Dumascraps getting to help nominate the Republican candidates. I know it swings both ways, but I bet the R turnout at the D primary is very low.