Joe Carr to run against Democrat incumbent Lamar Alexander...

Yeah, I wish TN would change to closed primaries. I don't like the idea of a bunch of Dumascraps getting to help nominate the Republican candidates. I know it swings both ways, but I bet the R turnout at the D primary is very low.

Maybe we could find a DINO to run on the Democrat side???  With all them jumping over to vote for Lamar, might be able to get a conservative on the ballot after all...

• Like 2
Guest patriot54

If you follow Marsha closely it will become apparent she is Boehner's lap dog; always votes with the party "elite" when they need a vote.  Her quiet little Facebook page turned very ugly two years ago.  Unfortunately we are discussing the lesser or evils when comparing her to Alexander and Corker.  Tennessee is a red state.  We can elect whomever we want; no need to compromise.

I support Joe Carr; sent him a contibution the day he announced.  I will not vote for another progressive in either party.  Joe has the backing of both the Tea Party and the Campaign for Liberty.  Electing only a few more true constitutionalists to the Senate will flush out the statist in both parties; as we saw when Corker was dining with Obama during Rand's filibuster.

Edited by patriot54
Guest 6.8 AR

I'm not saying that beating Alexander for the nomination is or would be easy for anyone but it's hardly as impossible as your analogy puts forth s many an entrenched politician has discovered (including discovered in the not so distant past).  ;)

Those who "always vote for Lamar" are a lost cause of course.  As usual, it will be those voters who are ready for a change who will make the difference and I think there are enough of them who find Lamar detestable that they'll gladly cast their vote for an alternative; especially a quality alternative which I believe Joe Carr is...all Carr really needs is campaign funds to that the people who don't know him can get to know him.

Well, more than just campaign funding, people need to start paying attention to the candidates. It doesn't have to always be about

money if people would only pay attention, rather than being so damned naive, all the time. Several incumbent senators have been

knocked out, recently, and it wasn't all just money.

I don't know for a fact, but I'll bet Ted Cruz didn't outspend Kay Bailey Hutchinson, in Texas. He had the people paying attention, for

a change, and he was worth it. Character does absolutely matter.

Anyone notice Carr's banner behind him on the day he announced his run against Alexander on the 20th? The anti-tea party media sure did:

carr-campaign-sentate.png?w=490&h=175

- OS

What are we looking for?  Are the three stars supposed to each represent a certain letter between J and L?

Seriously?

Nevermind.  I get it now.  "Sentate".   I found something else symbolic in the arrow pointing down the hole.

Please excuse me for missing it as I expect people to know how to spell, especially when "publishing" something.  That alone will prevent me from voting for him. :rolleyes:

Who's the next candidate, Kane?

Edited by Garufa

Please excuse me for missing it as I expect people to know how to spell, especially when "publishing" something.  That alone will prevent me from voting for him. :rolleyes:

Well, in fairness, I doubt Joe designed the posters. Would be interesting to know if he had final approval on a galley proof though.

edit: looks like this image never made it to print form, was used on campaign site.

I also didn't know till reading on this that Carr's top campaign aide resigned after the announcement, to go to work for Alexander.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Well, in fairness, I doubt Joe designed the posters. Would be interesting to know if he had final approval on a galley proof though.

edit: looks like this image never made it to print form, was used on campaign site.

I also didn't know till reading on this that Carr's top campaign aide resigned after the announcement, to go to work for Alexander.

- OS

Know that's low.  :down:  So much for loyalty these days.

Know that's low.  :down:  So much for loyalty these days.

Well, in fairness to him (Chip Saltsman), he signed on for Carr's run for the House, not the Senate. And he's a big Lamar fan.

Resignation letter:

http://www.chipsaltsman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ChipSaltsmanJoeCarrResignationLetter.pdf

He's actually a GOP heavy hitter, has been TN Republican Chairman, ran Huck's national campaign, etc.

Bio on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_Saltsman

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest 6.8 AR

Well, in fairness to him (Chip Saltsman), he signed on for Carr's run for the House, not the Senate. And he's a big Lamar fan.

Resignation letter:

http://www.chipsaltsman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ChipSaltsmanJoeCarrResignationLetter.pdf

He's actually a GOP heavy hitter, has been TN Republican Chairman, ran Huck's national campaign, etc.

Bio on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_Saltsman

- OS

So, essentially Chip is a pimp and sabotaged Carr's campaign, then ran to Mr. Flannel Shirt?

Guest 6.8 AR

You'd think that the arrogant prick(Lamar, in case some didn't know), seeing a primary challenge put up with

Tea Party support, might realize he is actually old enough to retire and enjoy all those millions he has made

at the public trough. We(Tennessee) don't need his kind, any more. It is very tiring to see a politician act as

arrogant and serve so little, as time goes on, and he should just go away. I would try to think of something

kind to say of him if he did.

So, essentially Chip is a pimp and sabotaged Carr's campaign, then ran to Mr. Flannel Shirt?

Well, if I hired you to help me defeat a candidate you didn't like, but then I decided to run for a different seat and upset a candidate you actually liked better than me, are you a pimp for ducking out, or just following your principles? 

I can see it as a breach of contract on Carr's part as much as anything else.

- OS

Guest ThePunisher
Lamar is already spending money and running TV ads. Must have a big campaign war chest for these early ads. I believe he's running scared.
  • Moderators

Lamar is already spending money and running TV ads. Must have a big campaign war chest for these early ads. I believe he's running scared.

Regardless of how much money or backing he has, he would be an idiot not to take a primary challenge seriously. The last few cycles have shown a predilection of the base to dump RINOs in primary season. Hopefully that will happen again this cycle and the next here in TN.
  • Like 1

Regardless of how much money or backing he has, he would be an idiot not to take a primary challenge seriously. The last few cycles have shown a predilection of the base to dump RINOs in primary season. Hopefully that will happen again this cycle and the next here in TN.

C'mon...Lamar will win big.

The last TN Senator to lose reelection bid in primary was Ross Bass in 1968, and the last to actually lose in the general was Sasser in '96. Both Dems.

Matter of fact the only Republican to ever lose reelection seems to have been Bill Brock in '78, in the general. Lamar ain't gonna be the first to lose the primary or the second to lose the general.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot