KU Professor placed on administrative leave due to inflammatory statements

It's no threat at all, but it is lacking in class. A polite person wouldn't do that. Of course, we are talking about people who aren't

very polite. If that ain't a tell, nothing is.

No, they aren't, but they are the first ones to cry foul if we use the same tactics on them.

Whenever someone says something this stupid, I always charge them with wishing for the death of innocent children and then doing a happy dance in their blood when it happens, which, in their diseased minds, is somehow "crossing the line".

Guest The Itis

Same with Romney's 47% comment, Obama's "you didn't build it" comment, and many other comments that go over the heads of the common American, this guy is right that the nuance of his wording is lost on the knee-jerk average high school grad citizen.

Still, this guy f*ed up. He's a journalism professor and he still had no idea that his words would be misconstrued? Of all the people in this world, you would imagine a journalism professor knows how to dumb down language to be accessible to the majority that is the audience.

If anything, his complete obliviousness of foresight to how his words would be taken by layfolk is what justifies him losing his job- he's a shtty journalism professor if he couldn't deliver such a simple message any more clearly.

Guest TankerHC

Professors have said to their students that our FOunders were terrorists and extremists.

California public schools are teaching "Gay History"

Nationwide teachers are being forced to teach what the Government wants them to teach and the current "Core Curriculum" is an absolute joke.

Students nationwide are being sent home, threatened, expelled for even mentioning the word "Gun" or making things that are even accidently shaped like a gun.

This guy is just another douchebag in the big bag of douchbaggery. 

The more I read on this guy, Im glad he said it. I have no interest in seeing the Country torn apart the way it is being torn apart by the left. For example, I dont care if it is near Christmas or middle of the summer, Left, Right and Center I want everyone to have jobs, I dont want to see anyone get laid off, regardless of your political leanings. 

Having said that, I do enjoy watching the Left implode. Driving members of the Left to the Right. I am far right, period and the Leftists can call me whatever they want, but every time one of these idiots makes comments like that, it drives another nail in the coffin.

And there have been a lot of nails lately. 

Edited by TankerHC

IF one can defend this POS than to be consistent they really need to defend Voldemort also.   

Oh, I can defend his right to say what he said....

I can also defend his right to fully accept the consequences of opening his idiotic mouth. Just because one can say something doesn't mean that one should say something. Karma is a bitch.

IF one can defend this POS than to be consistent they really need to defend Voldemort also.

How exactly are we qualifying "defense" here? Technically I agree with the rights for this professor and Voldemort to do what they did, but I think both are lunatics who deserve every bit of negative action that results from them opening their phallus holsters. I think there is a big difference between defending a persons rights and defending how they chose to exercise them.

How exactly are we qualifying "defense" here? Technically I agree with the rights for this professor and Voldemort to do what they did, but I think both are lunatics who deserve every bit of negative action that results from them opening their phallus holsters. I think there is a big difference between defending a persons rights and defending how they chose to exercise them.

TMF nailed it here... He is exactly right... Check this thread out: http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/70584-this-is-an-interesting-read/

leroy

Guest The Itis

All he was trying (and failing) to say, was a rhetorical, "As someone who has not been personally affected by gun violence, would your position on gun laws change any if gun violence did affect you or a loved one?"

He's saying it's easy to be a staunch supporter of lax gun laws until you suffer a loss at the hands of people with guns. He's not wishing death on anyone's children, he was asking you to imagine how your beliefs would be different if such a thing did happen.

He's assuming bereaved parents unilaterally support stricter gun laws, and that typically seems to be the case. It's like, you could have no problem with a criminal moving into a house, but you will have a problem if it's next to yours.

Same with Romney's 47% comment, Obama's "you didn't build it" comment, and many other comments that go over the heads of the common American, this guy is right that the nuance of his wording is lost on the knee-jerk average high school grad citizen.

Still, this guy f*ed up. He's a journalism professor and he still had no idea that his words would be misconstrued? Of all the people in this world, you would imagine a journalism professor knows how to dumb down language to be accessible to the majority that is the audience.

If anything, his complete obliviousness of foresight to how his words would be taken by layfolk is what justifies him losing his job- he's a shtty journalism professor if he couldn't deliver such a simple message any more clearly.

I'll give you that nuance often goes over peoples heads and I'm the first one to stand up for someone I disagree with if I see it happening. But IMO, there's not much nuance to find here.

Just to be clear, here is the actual text (which I haven't seen quoted in this thread so far).

“Next time, let it be YOUR sons and daughters, he continued. “Shame on you. May God damn you.”

That's a long way from your claimed meaning.

Edited by tnguy
Guest The Itis

There was definitely some flippancy in his message, no doubt about that.
There's a good point to consider, but he's not doing it any service with this fiasco.

I can personally say that my perspective on guns wouldn't change the least bit if someone close to me was affected by gun violence. I do however think there would be fewer gun advocates if everyone made that consideration.

In a sense of kumbaya, when children anywhere get gunned down, we're all supposed to feel like it was our own children. It does not reflect well on gun owners when they really do say "well it wasn't MY child that got shot, sucks to be those parents"

Well, I think we all know that there are way too many people out there who react in a knee-jerk emotional way to anything that comes along. A lot (I'd be willing to accept close to 50%) are on "our side". So yeah.

That's why we have the law after all and don't just march down the street to find someone to string from a tree every time a crime is committed.