KU Professor placed on administrative leave due to inflammatory statements

Well, it ain't much, but it's a start.

FYI-- The administration has placed David Guth on leave.

http://news.ku.edu/2013/09/20/guth-placed-administrative-leave

I guess that means he's still being paid though, and they'll probably just reinstate him when the dust settles, but at least this buffoon hasn't gotten off completely scot-free. The university has been getting quite a bit of unwanted attention over this.

Edited by tartanphantom

Ah, let the poor bastard speak. I imagine a statement like that will ruin his chances of brainwashing the next generation

of "journolist followers", because the journalism schools haven't been turning out much more than that, for quite a while.

He is another who should be behind glass with a plaque describing his antiquity in crap journalism. Right next to Dan

Rather and Walter Cronkite.

Looks to me like KU may be wakin up to the fact that most people dont see it the way ole David does...They also may have figured out that blamin a specific advocacy group law abiding citizens for crimes committed by the insane is devoid of any smidgen of critical thinking, and borders on lunacy; let alone his insane diatribe RE: the NRA sons and daughters...  His wish that "...the sons and daughters of NRA members..." be murdered in like manner smacks of insanity in my personal view...

Let's hope that KU has done this for the right reasons... My personal guess is that they havent; but as others have opined, its a start...  Academia is gonna have to winnow some of these more insane and vocal outliers of society from their ranks; or they are destined to be more irrelevant than they already are...

leroy

For what it's worth, I sent the university a rather scathing email ... probably didn't do much, but it eased my conscience a bit.

By the time I had finished the email, the news crawler on their website had updated to the link I posted... my first thought was "now THAT'S service!"... even though I know that it was really just dumb luck & timing. :pleased:

Edited by tartanphantom
Guest Bassman17SC

Fortunately, that liberal bastion known as Kansas University is located in an extremely conservative state.  What an idiot, especially for doubling down on his initial statement.  

Pretty much confirms what I already believe about most gun haters, especially the ones that are being paid megabucks in Washington, DC with OUR tax dollars so that they can try to implement draconian gun legislation. That is, they actually wish for innocent people to die at the hands of lunatics who get their hands on a firearm so that they can have the "ammunition" to impose their stupid laws on the rest of us, while enjoying the protections of armed security.  :mad:

I try not to think about it too much or it will spike my already high blood pressure.

Guest TankerHC

so he tweeted what he tweeted, but did I misread the article or is it correct that he then said he supports the NRA?

:down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:

Edited by TankerHC

so he tweeted what he tweeted, but did I misread the article or is it correct that he then said he supports the NRA?

:down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:

He said he supports the NRA's right to the first and second amendments, not that he supports the NRA itself.

I say let him be fired and go find some journalism job in some liberal newspaper rather than teach our children. Personally, he should be shunned by everyone for advocating something so heinous on those so innocent. I hope he finds himself without a job and without the means to say things like this ever again.

I have mixed feelings on this. I don’t see a threat; the woman saying she fears for her children is ridiculous. We have seen statements posted publically that were threatening to the point local LE and the FBI went to the homes of those making the statements. Many here were outraged that could happen, as it was his first amendment rights.

He obviously hasn’t thought the issue through if thinks disarming law abiding citizens will stop criminals and the mentally unbalanced from killing people. But it’s just an opinion for discussion. These are college students, they are at an age they need to be able to make up their own minds about what they hear; and I think they will. Firing him would make him a martyr and be a serious blow to the first amendment.

Its feigned outrage and theatrics aimed to do exactly what it did... Make friends among his peers and outrage real people like you and me...My guess is that he is lookin for extra work moonlitin for some of these anti-gun clowns and front groups... What happened wuz the timing was wrong...   It worked a bit too well and KU took some well deserved heat...

RE:  The first amendment thing... He is right...

The fact is that nobody cares what this idiot has to say; other than the small percentage of clowns of like mind...I think its interesting that while he likes the First Amendment and hides behind it; he doesn't like the Second Amendment... It's typical liberal hypocrisy and hyper-speech...He's just another clown....

leroy

Edited by leroy
  • Like 1

I have mixed feelings on this. I don’t see a threat; the woman saying she fears for her children is ridiculous. We have seen statements posted publically that were threatening to the point local LE and the FBI went to the homes of those making the statements. Many here were outraged that could happen, as it was his first amendment rights.

He obviously hasn’t thought the issue through if thinks disarming law abiding citizens will stop criminals and the mentally unbalanced from killing people. But it’s just an opinion for discussion. These are college students, they are at an age they need to be able to make up their own minds about what they hear; and I think they will. Firing him would make him a martyr and be a serious blow to the first amendment.

This guy is a piece of shit. I have 3 beautiful children that I am watching on the weekends sleeping in the next room. My thoughts at what this piece of shit said should happen to them would make the devil shudder. I fully expect you to cover for every dirty, pushy, over bearing power hungry cop that gets posted. But to support this moron? Thats a new low. I'm either gonna have to put you on ignore or myself on blood pressure medicine.:huh:

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Like 1

I fully expect you to cover for every dirty, pushy, over bearing power hungry cop that gets posted. But to support this moron? Thats a new low. I'm either gonna have to put you on ignore or myself on blood pressure medicine. :huh:

Wow…. It’s a discussion. I’m not defending him and how does what I think about cops have anything to do with this? If I can’t post anything without you going into a fit about cops maybe you should put me on your ignore list. That was uncalled for.

• Like 1

Wow…. It’s a discussion. I’m not defending him and how does what I think about cops have anything to do with this? If I can’t post anything without you going into a fit about cops maybe you should put me on your ignore list. That was uncalled for.

Saying that its just an opinion for discussion and that he should not be fired for such an inflammatory statement is supporting him. He wished death on innocent children because of their parents political leanings. He wanted to create a stir, we should give him one. I hope he gets fired, and ends up homeless living under a bridge, selling bj's so he can get beer money. As for the cop thing, I apologize. It just seems that every thread I step into you are supporting the moron in the wrong, especially if he is wearing a badge. Therefore I was making the connection between you supporting these idiots no matter what they have done. For both our sakes I'll just go ahead and take care of it. :D

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Like 1

It's no threat at all, but it is lacking in class. A polite person wouldn't do that. Of course, we are talking about people who aren't

very polite. If that ain't a tell, nothing is.