Sarah Palin (R-AK), VICE-PREZ?

Guest Bronker

Guest mikedwood

I was reading the wiki on her and it said she sometimes gets up at 3 am to moose hunt. Kinda funny I thought with that "Who do you want answering the phone at 3 am" commercial. 3 am and she's ready to hunt.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ghostrider
They can't even make the argument anymore -if they do, all Dems have to say is "Sarah Palin."

I'd suggest that perhaps they say "7 million dollars the first day" after they say her name.

My Opinions:

I have also made the argument many times that neither Obama nor McCain will live to complete a term, perhaps for the same, or for different, reasons.

This makes the VP choice more important than the presidential choice this time around.

Most often, the VP of the president who dies in office is elected to at least one more term.

So, it can play two ways.

1. BHO is elected, dies in office (giving him instant martyr status, which I think is a crime in and of itself) and Biden finishes his term. Then you have Billary v Biden in the next democratic primary... Why does that conjur up an image of hillary having fish steaks?

2. McCain is elected, dies in office (he's already a hero, he doesn't really need martyr status) and Palin takes over. That sets up 2012 between billary and Palin. Being as sick as I am... I'm thinking a huge tank of mud, some bikinis and a payperview that would pay off the national debt...

But of course, that's just me, and you can just look into my sig for what I am... ;):popcorn:

2. McCain is elected, dies in office (he's already a hero, he doesn't really need martyr status) and Palin takes over. That sets up 2012 between billary and Palin. Being as sick as I am... I'm thinking a huge tank of mud, some bikinis and a payperview that would pay off the national debt...

But of course, that's just me, and you can just look into my sig for what I am... :koolaid::lol:

Even if McCain lives out his full 4years he will be too old for a 2nd term and she will be ripe for the top spot.

Palin is great and our kind of person, but we need to be realistic. Vice President has very little authority or clout , other than to break a tie vote in the Senate. Many presidents have "retired" their VPs the day after inaugaration and never let them out of the room to do anything. McCain will still be President and contrary to polular belief, he is not a gun person. He is not strong on any civil rights including the 2d Amendment. Another "Patriot Act" and we will all be disarmed anyways (it is the next step.) Obama to me isn't even a choice.

The Republican "appear" to be more pro-gun so I will probably go that way, but I don't really think selecting Palin ( I really like her resume, BTW) is going to change anything in this administration as far as our gun rights. If things calm down in the War on Terrorism, then we'll keep our guns under the Republicans. If things get hot or Corporate America gets antsy about the "public mob" then we'll lose our rights. For sure we lose under the Democrats.

Not a good time for gun owners.

I think Palin was selected looking more at 2012 than 2008. I am pretty sure Hillary will look more viable to the Democrats in 2012 and a Clinton vs Palin campaign sounds like a reality. No problem in voting in that one!

Guest Abominable_Hillbilly
Palin is great and our kind of person, but we need to be realistic. Vice President has very little authority or clout , other than to break a tie vote in the Senate. Many presidents have "retired" their VPs the day after inaugaration and never let them out of the room to do anything. McCain will still be President and contrary to polular belief, he is not a gun person. He is not strong on any civil rights including the 2d Amendment. Another "Patriot Act" and we will all be disarmed anyways (it is the next step.) Obama to me isn't even a choice.

The Republican "appear" to be more pro-gun so I will probably go that way, but I don't really think selecting Palin ( I really like her resume, BTW) is going to change anything in this administration as far as our gun rights. If things calm down in the War on Terrorism, then we'll keep our guns under the Republicans. If things get hot or Corporate America gets antsy about the "public mob" then we'll lose our rights. For sure we lose under the Democrats.

Not a good time for gun owners.

I think Palin was selected looking more at 2012 than 2008. I am pretty sure Hillary will look more viable to the Democrats in 2012 and a Clinton vs Palin campaign sounds like a reality. No problem in voting in that one!

This is essentially what I'm mulling over. Up to this point, it was a no-brainer to me. With the exception of appointing Federal judges, there's no real difference between McCain and Obama in terms of the BoR. With the Palin nomination, though, there's a wrench in my machine. And that's not just innuendo. :lol:

How much voice would Palin have? I think it depends on how charming and charismatic she can really be. McCain is a tyrant, especially when he feels he can intimidate his will onto people. Is Palin just a vacuous mom who said the right things and got herself elected? Is she at all shrewd and cunning? How convicted is she personally regarding her view of good (SMALL) government and the inherent rights of citizens?

Take a look at some of the decisions from the Alaska courts. Their attitude toward the Fourth Amendment is probably the best in the nation. Alaskans want their government to leave them be and to allow consenting adults to manage their own affairs. I find this encouraging, and it makes me seriously question my write-in vote for a third party candidate.

Is Palin just a vacuous mom who said the right things and got herself elected? Is she at all shrewd and cunning? How convicted is she personally regarding her view of good (SMALL) government and the inherent rights of citizens?

Well, she did stand up to corruption within the Republican party establishment ranks in Alaska, and she did veto a measure against same-sex unions (which she personally supported) because Alaska's Attorney General advised her it violated the constitution of the state.

And, to keep it firearms-related, she is a Life Member of the NRA. I'm guessing Senators Obama and Biden are not.... :lol:

Now the thing that I dont get is how everyone is now on board with McCain simply because of this un-known.The only thing I know her for is an appearance on Glen Beck a couple of months ago.How people can fall in love with someone they know little about beats me :)

Yah, I'm with you there - don't understand it either...

You never find a candidate that you like completely. We'll learn more about her over time.

So far, from what I know about her, I like that she is pro-gun and anti-corruption but dislike that she is pro-life and pro- teaching Creationism. If she turns out to be too far right, she will turn off a lot of potential crossover voters. For now though, it looks like she has pretty much solidified the party base and convinced a number of folks to support the team who might have stayed home or voted for a third party.

Guest jackdog

I fully agree with Mars. Let us see what shakes out with the lady. No candidate is going to be everything to everyone, and if they are then you know there full of S**t.

You never find a candidate that you like completely. We'll learn more about her over time.

So far, from what I know about her, I like that she is pro-gun and anti-corruption but dislike that she is pro-life and pro- teaching Creationism. If she turns out to be too far right, she will turn off a lot of potential crossover voters. For now though, it looks like she has pretty much solidified the party base and convinced a number of folks to support the team who might have stayed home or voted for a third party.

All good points. I'm def keeping an eye on this and this selection hasn't changed me from being 99% sure I'm voting Libertarian to 100%, so let's see what she's about.

The VP debate should be interesting...

All good points. I'm def keeping an eye on this and this selection hasn't changed me from being 99% sure I'm voting Libertarian to 100%, so let's see what she's about.

The VP debate should be interesting...

It will, for what I'm learning about her she may hand biden his A** in a sack.

Now the thing that I dont get is how everyone is now on board with McCain simply because of this un-known.The only thing I know her for is an appearance on Glen Beck a couple of months ago.How people can fall in love with someone they know little about beats me :shrug:

Because you are on a gun forum and she (at first glance) appears to be pro gun.

I was on board with McCain before he picked her. I hate to see our leaders being picked based on race or gender first and the issues and experience second; but it appears this is the way it’s going to be done.

At first glance she appears to be a good choice. But in my opinion when those posters of her holding an AR get plastered all over the place it will hurt not help.

At first glance she appears to be a good choice. But in my opinion when those posters of her holding an AR get plastered all over the place it will hurt not help.

I don't know, she has been known from the start as pro-gun. I'm not sure the posters will make any difference. Maybe they will remind folks that she also has experience as head of the Guard, unlike the Democrat Prez candidate.