Don't Bring a Baton to a .......

An idiot is born every minute. People need to understand that there is seldom a happy ending in a road rage incident and this idiot was just lucky that the police saved him from becoming a statistic and not just being arrested. I don't care what kind of Club or knife you bring to a gun fight chances are almost 100% your going to lose the dispute...........jmho

The article stated that the would-be assailant made a verbal threat as he approached the vehicle of the would-be victim.  My imagination did a little 'filling in' of the rest.  I'm thinking:

Would-be assailant, "If you cut me off, again, I'm going to beat your a**."

Would-be assault victim, "If you come at me with that fancy billy club, I'm going to shoot your a**."

I love that the police were on scene to witness that the HCP holder did nothing wrong, that they recognized his right to self defense and recognized that he was reasonably in fear of death or serious, bodily harm.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 3

From the police report:

The motorist in front of Mr. Strong saw Mr. Strong aggressively marching toward him with the weapon and heard Mr. Strong’s threat. The motorist reasonably feared for his safety, and justifiably drew his own pistol, which he was legally carrying on his person with a handgun carry permit.

Edited by waynesan
  • 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure if you carry a baton (metal ASP like) or small bat for the intent to go armed with said item is illegal... unless you have certification to carry an ASP like weapon

Had a crazy guy park his minivan in the left hand lane of traffic on a 4-lane divided hwy trapping me in the left turn lane. He got out of his vehicle and approached mine cussing and slobbering mad. I prepped my draw, but waited to see if traffic moved to give me a way out first. I'm glad I was able to leave before he tried getting in my truck or whatever.

I think we all get mad at people in traffic, but I can't help but wonder what makes people think they can just get out and try to fight somebody over it.
Guest TresOsos

I think we all get mad at people in traffic, but I can't help but wonder what makes people think they can just get out and try to fight somebody over it.

Yeah and more and more its idiots with their heads buried up their smart phones.

Glad no one got shot and the HCP holder wasn't harrassed.