School shooting in Nevada

The school, which enrolls about 700 students in 7th and 8th grades, has a strict uniform policy that forbids the colors red and blue in students' outfits, colors commonly associated with rival gangs.

According to article event took place outside school walls where a teacher was trying to intervene a situation between some students.

Guest nra37922

Anyone want to bet that this turns out to be gang related? 

The U.S. has a growing malignant cancer that nobody is willing to aggressively treat.  At one time the removing of a finger or two would have stop the disease now it has spread further and the treatment is going to have to be more radical and invasive if the body is to survive.  Question is will we?

Guest ThePunisher

The U.S. has a growing malignant cancer that nobody is willing to aggressively treat.  At one time the removing of a finger or two would have stop the disease now it has spread further and the treatment is going to have to be more radical and invasive if the body is to survive.  Question is will we?

Do you mean some people are gonna have to show some insensitivity?

Your probably right nra about it being gang related since they have had to resort to the kids not wearing certain colors that connect to gangs. The only thing that does not fit the profile of a gang member being involved is the part where the boy took his own life afterwards. I have never heard of a gang member doing that. Not to say it does not happen, I just have never heard of it happening. Normally they take credit for their actions and brag about them...........jmho

Guest ThePunisher

Why don't the antis ever mention how much "shootings" will go up when we the people are disarmed?
I don't mean the criminal element either.

B/c the liberal progressives (commies) hope all conservatives (people that can think for themselves) get killed off during the disarming. They want a holocaust of everybody that doesn't adhere to their cause. Lenin, Stalin, Hitler and other dictators killed millions of their people to keep power. History repeats itself.

I have been giving the shutdown a lot of thought and I just find myself wonder just how the Republicans caused the shutdown when they were making offers and it was Reid and Obama that were saying no to everything that was offered. You would think it was the JUST SAY NO folks that would be the ones that shut it down yet they blamed it all on the Republicans........... :stunned:  :stunned:  :stunned:

I have an idea why too!!!

Edited by bersaguy
As long as the media and society keep turning these douchebags into rock stars by reason of stupidity and pointless violence, there will be no end to it. This isn't rocket science,the shootings are geared towards self entitlement issues, and getting that 10 minutes of fame....if the media would show more executions being carried out than stories on senseless killings things may level out until then.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling. Edited by Dustbuster
  • Like 2

My question would be has the kid that done the shooting been takin Ridlin or one of its brothers prescribed to calm down hyperactivity...   No one seems to want to talk about that one; but i think (...as some others do....) that it's a real problem that aint gonna be fixed; because it implicates the medical, physiological, pharmaceutical, and education enterprises equally......

Food for thought...

leroy

• Like 1
  • Moderators

My question would be has the kid that done the shooting been takin Ridlin or one of its brothers prescribed to calm down hyperactivity...   No one seems to want to talk about that one; but i think (...as some others do....) that it's a real problem that aint gonna be fixed; because it implicates the medical, physiological, pharmaceutical, and education enterprises equally......

Food for thought...

leroy

I was on Ritalin as a child from K-3rd grade when my parents decided that the school could go eff itself. It was the school folks that initially suggested ADHD testing and then pressured my parents to have me put on Ritalin. That crap is evil. The first teacher or school administrator to broach the subject with me regarding my daughter and/or any other children we may have will get a firm and not so polite warning to never speak of it again. The next one will get knocked the fuck out.

• Like 2

Food for thought...

leroy

We, as a society, have to accept that there are just f***d up people that will do these types of things.  I think blaming ridilin is just another way of shifting blame on the issue away from the shooter.

Even when there is a shooter who is taking some kind of prescription drugs for any kind of mental issue, I'm not convinced it has anything to do with the drug.  Often times crazy people are crazy before they stick them on medication.  I don't believe the Aurora shooter or the Sandy Hook shooter needed any kind of prescription drugs to do what they did.  They were looney bin material long before the docs tried to put them on meds.  Crazy people exist.  Sometimes they do crazy things.  Not much we can do about it.

Guest RevScottie

I was on Ritalin as a child from K-3rd grade when my parents decided that the school could go eff itself. It was the school folks that initially suggested ADHD testing and then pressured my parents to have me put on Ritalin. That crap is evil. The first teacher or school administrator to broach the subject with me regarding my daughter and/or any other children we may have will get a firm and not so polite warning to never speak of it again. The next one will get knocked the #### out.

Parents are as much to blame if not more so than school officials. When little johnny is constantly disruptive and teachers aren't allowed to paddle him and the parents wont discipline him teachers suggest this as the only means they have to gain control of their classrooms. 

Wonder if there is a connection between teachers not being allowed to discipline students and the rise of "ADHD" cases? Don't get me wrong there are kids who genuinely suffer from medical/mental disorders but there are also some who just need a good butt whippin' at school and again when they get home. 

TMF:  I pretty much agree with your assessment RE "shiftin blame and shirking of individual responsibility"; its one of my great concerns with society as a whole... All that bein said; i always look for a "drug connection" with these young (...14 yr old, i think...) perpetrators...  Your point is well taken and very revellant...

....We, as a society, have to accept that there are just f***d up people that will do these types of things.  I think blaming ridilin is just another way of shifting blame on the issue away from the shooter. ....

The drug thing shows up way too frequently to suit me... I'll agree that ya can make a case for poor parenting and/or individual "bad behavior"  and idiotic society being the catalyst for this kind of bad behavior.... I think that ya can also have a corollary of that that says "...I dont want to be bothered with this brat at the school and parent level, therefore, ill give him drugs..."; and that's what society has done in many cases....

I fully agree that the individual is responsible for his, her or it's behavior; i do believe, however that there are some enablers out there that are causin trouble where none should exist and that these actions are being covered up... I know that no one likes to hear about the "good ole days"; but i never remember a juvenile shooting anyone else in school makin the news before the seventies.... Remember the "drug culture" started in the early sixities... I think that is significant...If i remember right, this kid wuz an 8 th grader; or about 14 years old... I'm willin to bet there is a drug connection... We can quibble about the individual responsibility thing here; but this one smells rotten to me... If i remember right; the kid that did the shootin in kentucky wuz a ridlin user...

leroy

• Like 1
  • Moderators

Parents are as much to blame if not more so than school officials. When little johnny is constantly disruptive and teachers aren't allowed to paddle him and the parents wont discipline him teachers suggest this as the only means they have to gain control of their classrooms. 

Wonder if there is a connection between teachers not being allowed to discipline students and the rise of "ADHD" cases? Don't get me wrong there are kids who genuinely suffer from medical/mental disorders but there are also some who just need a good butt whippin' at school and again when they get home. 

I don't disagree with this at all. It was the introduction of a more clearly defined and structured environment that actually started to help me with my behavioral issues. The Ritalin just masked them by turning me into a doped up zombie. I would say that even including the kids that have a real, definable issue like I did (there were 3 days of inpatient testing involved in my diagnosis) the vast majority can be better helped with consistent structure and discipline than with the drugs. The drugs hide the underlying issues so the parents and other parties don't have to deal with them.

• Like 1

TMF: I pretty much agree with your assessment RE "shiftin blame and shirking of individual responsibility"; its one of my great concerns with society as a whole... All that bein said; i always look for a "drug connection" with these young (...14 yr old, i think...) perpetrators... Your point is well taken and very revellant...
The drug thing shows up way too frequently to suit me... I'll agree that ya can make a case for poor parenting and/or individual "bad behavior" and idiotic society being the catalyst for this kind of bad behavior.... I think that ya can also have a corollary of that that says "...I dont want to be bothered with this brat at the school and parent level, therefore, ill give him drugs..."; and that's what society has done in many cases....

I fully agree that the individual is responsible for his, her or it's behavior; i do believe, however that there are some enablers out there that are causin trouble where none should exist and that these actions are being covered up... I know that no one likes to hear about the "good ole days"; but i never remember a juvenile shooting anyone else in school makin the news before the seventies.... Remember the "drug culture" started in the early sixities... I think that is significant...If i remember right, this kid wuz an 8 th grader; or about 14 years old... I'm willin to bet there is a drug connection... We can quibble about the individual responsibility thing here; but this one smells rotten to me... If i remember right; the kid that did the shootin in kentucky wuz a ridlin user...

leroy

Well, more than anything what I was attempting to illustrate with my post was that behavior modifying drugs may not be the issue, but the behavior which elicited the prescription for the drugs may better point to the issue. Lets say we took 100 adults who have never taken behavior modifying drugs, then we assembled a group of 100 adults that were currently taking behavior modifying drugs. Then we remove all drugs from the equation and monitor those two groups and how they function.

Obviously the group that had previously taken drugs are going to have many issues that the other group would not have, even with all drugs removed from the equation. Reason being is that prior to them being medicated they showed signs of mental or personality disorders which led to the prescription in the first place. I don't think it's a great leap to assume the craziest of the crazies are gonna come from the group that has already exhibited signs of issues, ya know? So it's difficult, I think, to blame the drugs on psychotic behavior simply because the drugs are being taken, and there are so many psychotics who have committed violent crimes while taking the drugs. It begs the question, "why are they taking the anti-psychotic drugs in the first place?" The only way to test the theory that the drugs are an issue is to have a control of otherwise stable people take these drugs in order to see how they behave.
  • Like 1