Shots fired at LAX

jcoosi

Now we will have to start going through metal detectors just to get in the airport.  I hate to say this, but I almost hope this guy was a felon who shouldn't have had a gun to start with.  We are losing more ground everyday when these idiots go off the deep end.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1

I was thinking something similar TO. Lets see if he is a TSA employee and if he is we can blame to Feds for their very poor background checks on their own employees and they say he owned what is said to be an assault weapon in California. I wonder how big the magazine was he used because they are suppose to not be allowed to have mags bigger then 10 rounds which would be another black eye on Feinsteins gun assault...........jmho

I was thinking something similar TO. Lets see if he is a TSA employee and if he is we can blame to Feds for their very poor background checks on their own employees and they say he owned what is said to be an assault weapon in California. I wonder how big the magazine was he used because they are suppose to not be allowed to have mags bigger then 10 rounds which would be another black eye on Feinsteins gun assault...........jmho 

Blaming the government is not the answer.  Blaming a dumbass who shot 2 or 3 people because he was butthurt is what we all should be doing.

• Like 2

Watching CNN's coverage on this.  The Feds are saying that the shooter is not currently, nor has he ever been a TSA officer.  They are also showing a picture, at a distance, of what appears to be an AR laying on the ground with a 30 round magazine lying next to it.  I can't be totally sure it's an AR, but that's what it looks like. They are saying he had three loaded magazines on him when he was taken down.  Actually, they called them clips, but we all know most of the media is a bunch of DAs when it comes to firearms.

Edited by Moped

I am really beginning to hate GUN FREE ZONES!!!! They are actually becoming the most dangerous places to be at any time day or night. I am actually making it a point to avoid every one of them. I use to drop my packages off at the post office when I was shipping baits. Now any packages I ship they pick them up at my house. I avoid any restaurants with signs up. I avoid any department stores that have signs up. If it is posted I don't go there period................jmho

• Like 1

They just reported that the gunman is a 23 year old man, that had anti-government sentiments.  A former Assistant Director of the FBI that CNN was interviewing just told the interviewer, that if anyone had a relative or friend that espoused anti-government views and was buying firearms, that they should turn that person in to the proper law enforcement authorities.I figure that covers a lot of people here!!!  

They have issued two search warrants for two locations, one for LA and the other in New Jersey.

• Like 1

I just returned from Wally World and bought my limit of ammo. Just when they're finally getting ammo back on the shelves, here we go again.. Instead of slowly building up my reserves to shoot IDPA, etc., maybe I best get on the fast track.

When is the government and press going to educate themselves in the difference between an "assault rifle" and a modern sporting rifle (MSR)?

Guest TresOsos

I just returned from Wally World and bought my limit of ammo. Just when they're finally getting ammo back on the shelves, here we go again.. Instead of slowly building up my reserves to shoot IDPA, etc., maybe I best get on the fast track.

When is the government and press going to educate themselves in the difference between an "assault rifle" and a modern sporting rifle (MSR)?

They're not, to do so would not further their political agenda of disarmament.

Funny thing is that crap is illegal in Cali anyways, sorta like the shooting in DC at the Naval Yard, it was a shooting that took place in a gunfree zone that is in itself inside another gunfree zone... -_-

Um well, er, not exactly.

There are many, MANY unmollested AR15's, FALs, etc in civilian possession, legally in the state of CA. Same with hi-cap magazine clips*.

The bans in CA have not always existed and in fact are not all out bans. I have friends out there with 100%legal collections that would rival many owned by members here. The key is that these examples are registered assault weapons. You can no longer bring any in, the window for registering existing ones is looong closed, but to say that the possession is itself a crime with the amount of info we currently have is putting the cart before the horse.

Much like the DC shooting, I think I'll completely ignore this one for about a week so the media can get their story straight.

Once again we see the effects of a media that insist on being the first to make the news.

*as they are now known.

Um well, er, not exactly.

There are many, MANY unmollested AR15's, FALs, etc in civilian possession, legally in the state of CA. Same with hi-cap magazine clips*.

The bans in CA have not always existed and in fact are not all out bans. I have friends out there with 100%legal collections that would rival many owned by members here. The key is that these examples are registered assault weapons. You can no longer bring any in, the window for registering existing ones is looong closed, but to say that the possession is itself a crime with the amount of info we currently have is putting the cart before the horse.

Much like the DC shooting, I think I'll completely ignore this one for about a week so the media can get their story straight.

Once again we see the effects of a media that insist on being the first to make the news.

*as they are now known.

Ah, I see. I'd say he did it with a Mosin but the building is still intact. ;)

• Like 1

Ah, I see. I'd say he did it with a Mosin but the building is still intact. ;)

Hah! :lol:

Realistically I'd be surprised if it weren't either illegal or a neutered CA compliant model. Of course I also would not be surprised to learn there was no AR at all.