Ruger SR 45

Hotrod

Looking forward to hearing how you like it. Is it safe to assume from your avatar that you are a 1911 fan? If so, I'm extra curious to hear how the recoil and handling compares. I have 2 full size 45s and a subcompact and love all 3.
Guest Bonedaddy

Not sure if it has the mag safety like the other SRs but if it does and you don't like that kinda thing, like me, there are vids on Youtube to show you how to remove it. Won't take but a couple minutes. Easy as trippin' over a fat dog in the dark. Did both my SRs in less than 5 minutes.

Guest Southern Christian Armed

SR45. It is almost sacrilege to say this, but it's one of the best shooting non-1911 45 pistols I've ever shot. You will like it...a lot.

+1 on this. As a Glock 21 owner, FN45, low end 1911 owner, and various other makes in .45 (Taurus and Kahr), Id say the SR45 is the best, easiest shooting .45 I have ever owned. Also 100% reliable as has been all other rugers I have owned.

I've had my SR45 about... a month now? I think. First time I fired it, I put all rounds well inside a 3" circle at 25 feet. Never done that with ANY .45. It was so soft, it felt like a 9mm. I love it, and have had it on my hip every day since.

Loved it so much, I took possession of an SR9 yesterday. Took it out of the box, cleaned it, and went back to the range to try it. My goodness, what a great, accurate, easy to shoot handgun! It feels great in my hand. Ruger has made a believer out of me.

I also like the idea of having a real American made gun in my hand. Gives me an extra feeling of pride...

• Like 3
Guest Bonedaddy

I needs me one, I reckon. Got the SR9 and 9c. The 9c has a sweet trigger on it and is great for carry, since I can lighten the load with the 10 rd mags for my bad back, if I wish, yet keep the 17 rd ones in all my rides for backup. Really wish Ruger would make 6" versions for hunting with their pistols.

Bought a Ruger SR 45 today. Got home broke it down and cleaned it good. Really like the feel in my hand. Plan on taking wife and new pistol to the range this weekend. :up:

Trust me, you will LOVE it!! Only hope you get 1/2 as attached as I am to mine!

Seroiusly, one of, if not the favorite gun I have to shoot(and I have several)!

• Like 1

I own an SR9 and its been fantastic 

Fondled a SR45 yesterday at the LGS and for 419.00 which was what they were 

asking price (Direct Hit in JAX)  its a deal

Anyone looking for a great US made 45 at a heck of a  price

the Ruger cant be beat 

Edited by SonnyCrockett
  • Like 2