Is spelling and punctuation a thing of the past?

Guest RebelCowboySnB

More people can read an write now than any other time in history. Most people can not only understandably read an write their native language but can also read an write other languages, multiple types of shorthand an even code.

Language is ever changing an has never been static...

I my self do not write for a living. I type with one hand an that makes it sloppy. I know how to use there, their an they're but I assume the reader has a high enough IQ that they don't need spelling to tell them meaning of a word. Contest is enough when talking so I assume it is in text. Because of that an the fact that the ' an the i are not under my hand an I have to mover then reset. Over time that makes typing slow so I have got in the habit of just using there for everything as it is always under my fingers in the home position. This would not be the case if I was writing a book but it is for day to day typing on the internet.

I also don't expect everyone else to have a degree in writing. If I can read an understand what they said I am happy with that. I do not correct errors unless I can not understand what is being said. Cause in my mind unless you are a school teacher or an editor, that is the only good reason to do so. When I see someone correcting someone when I could understand what was said I assume the person doing the correcting is the one that has a learning issue an needs extra help cause of lack of comprehension.

I think text messages should be shorthand. I don't need to read a novel, just get the point across. "Omw eta 30m" -Simple and effective. However, I don't like reading forum posts this way: "Hay ru gon 2 sell gun???!! Wut pay???!!!" - If you do this, stick your mouth over a tailpipe and breathe deep.
[quote name="peejman" post="1080345" timestamp="1387304407"]... and brake/break, affect/effect, they're/their/there, your/you're, who's/whose, ....[/quote] And of course...to, too, and two. Subject/verb agreement and dangling participles slay me. Edited by blueghost
I used to buy and SELL heavily on Craigslist and eBay and the most irritating thing for me (which I see a lot here and everywhere else items are bought and sold) is the misuse of sell/sale. "divorce forces me to SALE my motorcycle" really? you're not going to SALE your motorcycle, gun , ammo or anything else. You might in fact SELL your item but you will not SALE it. I also used to see grown men selling their motorcycle helmUt as well as their trailOr. I'm not the best with punctuation and often times put it where I mentally pause while typing/thinking but I at least know what words mean. Edited by Luke E.

I dont believe so as I can still type pretty well I must say so then oh GOD its happening to me as we speak and its contagious run away while you can otherwise the sentences will just run on and on and you wont be able to convey what youre saying and look like an idiot in the process mother of god someone stop me