Since this is a gun forum, is anyone giving or receiving any firearms or related accessories this Christmas?

mav

I haven't gotten in on the post Christmas side of this thread but I got two things Christmas morning that were notable to me. First thing is, enough gift certificates for The Outpost Armory to outfit my Dillon press almost as much as I wanted and I received a rather cliche gift that usually people smile on the outside but smirk within when they receive but not this time. The gift was a tie.. 

[URL=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/lukeduke_03/media/Christmastie.jpg.html]Christmastie.jpg[/URL]

My wife doesn't share my extreme enthusiasm for U.S. politics but she understnds the importance of the Constitution and also how much it means to me so this was special gift for me.

Guest TankerHC

I gave four guns for Christmas this year, and it didnt cost much at all. But what it did do was create four new gun owners (They had not owned them) and three new Conservative voters. Amazing how someone gets something, all of a sudden realizes they have rights that can be taken away by voting for people who will do it and decide they like those rights.

One of my BIL's got the shotgun that came with the 1911. 

I am picking up a single barrel breakdown from a member here (Hopefully Tuesday) and that is my SIL's, and she is excited. I took her to the range a couple of months ago and she didnt think she could shoot a 12 gauge, she was surprised that it wasnt bad at all. (Dove loads). First thing she said in the car "I would like to have a shotgun, I think I could protect myself from an intruder with one". 

Niece got a pink .22, but that was actually a couple of months ago, BUT, it's been sitting in my safe, she wanted one and knew it was an early Christmas present, so it now has a scope on it and she is still waiting on me to get her back to the range with "HER" .22. 

I promised my nephew he could have an AR about a year and a half ago if he would graduate from HS with a scholarship. He did, goes to College, does pretty good, so he got his AR, in parts, over the last couple of months. It was finished off on Christmas day with a Winchester Pivot Bipod (I was going to get him a Harris but he wanted the Winchester) and a charging handle and a cheap optic. All of the parts except for the upper came from members right here on TGO, and the upper was the one purchased cheap by members here directing me to the site. 

Went from a Liberal voting family of non gun owners (All afraid of guns except the BIL), to a family of gun owners who have decided they will vote for the Constitution and their rights. All with just one trip to the range. 

Edited by TankerHC

I gave four guns for Christmas this year, and it didnt cost much at all. But what it did do was create four new gun owners (They had not owned them) and three new Conservative voters. Amazing how someone gets something, all of a sudden realizes they have rights that can be taken away by voting for people who will do it and decide they like those rights.

One of my BIL's got the shotgun that came with the 1911. 

I am picking up a single barrel breakdown from a member here (Hopefully Tuesday) and that is my SIL's, and she is excited. I took her to the range a couple of months ago and she didnt think she could shoot a 12 gauge, she was surprised that it wasnt bad at all. (Dove loads). First thing she said in the car "I would like to have a shotgun, I think I could protect myself from an intruder with one". 

Niece got a pink .22, but that was actually a couple of months ago, BUT, it's been sitting in my safe, she wanted one and knew it was an early Christmas present, so it now has a scope on it and she is still waiting on me to get her back to the range with "HER" .22. 

I promised my nephew he could have an AR about a year and a half ago if he would graduate from HS with a scholarship. He did, goes to College, does pretty good, so he got his AR, in parts, over the last couple of months. It was finished off on Christmas day with a Winchester Pivot Bipod (I was going to get him a Harris but he wanted the Winchester) and a charging handle and a cheap optic. All of the parts except for the upper came from members right here on TGO, and the upper was the one purchased cheap by members here directing me to the site. 

Went from a Liberal voting family of non gun owners (All afraid of guns except the BIL), to a family of gun owners who have decided they will vote for the Constitution and their rights. All with just one trip to the range. 

Sounds like we need a fella like you to take a bunch of folks from Capitol Hill and educate them on firearms and 2A! Might change a few minds in the process...

Edited by tartanphantom