F450 or Ram 3500?

Dane

id get the Dodge....Nothing being made today out does the Cummings and get your wallet ready

Fords has not made a good diesel program since the 7.3 and that is dead weak by todays standards

I have a F350 w a 6.0 ,but my 6.0 was upgraded and bullet proofed ,im ok with it now but many were literally 

FOUND ON ROAD DEAD

I wont buy another GM product ever again,they have lost their way with service and 

everything is about saving gas (govt motors) 

Edited by SonnyCrockett

All things being equal, the residual value at the time when you wish to trade/sell again will separate the wheat from the chaff on the decision now.   And if that was not enough, Ford is not owned by an Italian company that sells Fiats!  Yes, Fiats!   The CEO of Chrysler is Sergio Marchionne.  Do you really want a truck from that guy?

[/URL]">http://[URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/sergio_zps1b42dc64.jpg.html]sergio_zps1b42dc64.jpg[/URL]

• Like 1

With a towing capacity of 10k it wouldn't even haul my last boat and would tear in two with a 16k fifth wheel on it. Let alone the crappy 16mpg gas mileage. I know for a fact that the dodge will get 18 city and 22 hwy as well as 15 with 10k in tow. So no I haven't considered a toy as it is just that when discussing real trucks. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:rock:

id get the Dodge....Nothing being made today out does the Cummings and get your wallet ready

Fords has not made a good diesel program since the 7.3 and that is dead weak by todays standards

I have a F350 w a 6.0 ,but my 6.0 was upgraded and bullet proofed ,im ok with it now but many were literally 

FOUND ON ROAD DEAD

I wont buy another GM product ever again,they have lost their way with service and 

everything is about saving gas (govt motors) 

the 6.7 is a much better than a 7.3 the 6.0s problem was the epa

Here I was hoping there would be an overwhelming response one way or the other and it is almost tied up between the two. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Exactly what you should expect when asking a Ford vs. Dodge question. If you threw in Chevy/ Gmc as well, we might all fight about it :)

It's the age-old quarrel amongst truck owners. That's why you see the Calvin & Hobbes cartoon character pissing on everyone else's brand. Some loyalists won't ever cross brands.
[quote name="SonnyCrockett" post="1083979" timestamp="1387976606"]Sad to say the EPA has really killed the Diesel truck,if I had my way id have a Cummings powered Ford with a GM tranny[/quote] Well that is available in the F650 but that is a little more than I need. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 1
Guest RebelCowboySnB

I got no issue with dodge  but I have never drove a big dodge. Every fire, rescue or EMS truck I have ever drove that was not a custom cab was a ford, GMC or Kenworth. You usually see fords used in the 450 range down. Kenworths for heavy tankers an class A pumpers. An GMCs filling the range in the middle. I dont know the details of why but I have heard them talk about how they handle filly loaded a lot. All I know is these are people that know what they are doing specking trucks. When you find your self going up the side of a winding mountain road halling 1500 gallons of water an you are still managing to run 70 mph, you know the people that had that truck built knew what they were doing.

It can be done, but was never factory. Fairly common swap though, as far as diesel swaps go.

no its not factory,but unless you want to spend 35 to 45k on a new truck its a option  . i have a little less than 8,300 in the truck and swap