Looking for a military surplus store, suggestions?

Luke E.

My soon to be brother in law is in town and mentioned wanting to find a mil-surp store to go poke around at. We are planning to head up to Freidman's Army Navy tomorrow but I've been told that their prices are fairly high but we plan to go anyways. I'm in Murfreesboro and i'm wondering if anyone knows of any other mil-surp stores around? I'm fine driving up to 1-1 1/2 hrs  if anyone knows of one that is a really good one. It's more about spending the time than it is buying surplus goods but it'd be nice if both could happen  :rofl:  

Oh yea, I'm good going North, South, East or West aaaaand go...

Guest TankerHC

I took a look at their website but there wasn't much to it. I assume that there is more to the actual brick and mortar but have you ever been there?

Been by there 100 times. Including yesterday, but never have the time to stop in. Ill be that way tomorrow, think Ill stop in and see what they have and report back. 

Edited by TankerHC
Guest TankerHC

Well just got word that we won't be leaving until just after noon so i'll keep an eye on this thread in hopes that you will post by then.

Ill post directly from the store as soon as I am done looking around. 

I went to the Brainerd Army Store about 2 weeks before Christmas.  My impression is that they got the "surplus" right (a bunch of old military equipment that smells musty) but forgot the surplus prices.  For example, .50 cal ammo cans were $25, and BDU pants (or shirts, I can't remember which) were like $43 or something.  It just didn't seem very cheap for used stuff.  Maybe I am cheap and expect too much.  There was nothing in any section that was a steal or a deal to me.

Luke, just skip Freidmans it's not what it used to be. Mostly china junk and a few old surplus clothing. There is a place called Greens Military in donaldson, but haven't been there. I have had bad luck with these stores in Nashville. Used to be a big one in Crossville that was good. I've wanted to go to Clarksville to check a few of those out.

Luke, just skip Freidmans it's not what it used to be. Mostly china junk and a few old surplus clothing. There is a place called Greens Military in donaldson, but haven't been there. I have had bad luck with these stores in Nashville. Used to be a big one in Crossville that was good. I've wanted to go to Clarksville to check a few of those out.

I just found the pictures inside of Freidman's and noticed mostly brightly colored stuff that sure goes along with your "chinese junk'.

Clarksville has tons of surplus stores. They are all on Fort Campbell Blvd/41A

I wondered if there wouldn't be some places in Clarksville but i'm just not familiar with the town. Sounds like that's where i'll head to. Does Fort Campbell Blvd. cover a long stretch or will I be able to find the shops if I follow the GPS there and just cruise down the stretch?

Greens on Lebanon road has some quality stuff mostly men's wear and cop uniform supply. Friedmans is full of Chinese junk as someone said. There's some stuff up near ft Campbell mostly Asian owned stores full of uniform stuff acu camo for the local troops and then some but you have qualtico tactical, brigade quartermasters us cavalry and a few others near there. Look up ft Campbell yard sale dot com lots of gear on there as well
Hope this helps
Happy hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Just drive to Clarksville, hit up Eagles of War, and pretty much every shop on 41a, if you turn off on Tiny town rd, there's a decent dominican eatery on the right, and across from them there's another surplus store. If you can pickup the dummy main chute and reserve parachute they got and I'll pay you back.. 

I paid 35 for Propper MC bottoms and tops there. picked up some boots for 40 as well. (hey working on getting my knees in the breeze and they wear MC uniforms).. 

There's a small surplus store on Nolensville Rd in Nashville by the Fairgrounds- Battleground Surplus. I stop in there every now and then and get new used grass cuttin' britches. It's small but Freidmans sucks.

Just drive to Clarksville, hit up Eagles of War, and pretty much every shop on 41a, if you turn off on Tiny town rd, there's a decent dominican eatery on the right, and across from them there's another surplus store. If you can pickup the dummy main chute and reserve parachute they got and I'll pay you back.. 

I paid 35 for Propper MC bottoms and tops there. picked up some boots for 40 as well. (hey working on getting my knees in the breeze and they wear MC uniforms).. 

thanks for the food suggestion, it's looking like we may should leave a bit earlier than planned so that he can get his fill. I'd be glad to pick whatever you need up for you, i'll pm you with regards to that.

In Clarksville, as mentioned above, these things are everywhere. So long as you can get on the Ft. Campbell side and boot hill area you shouldn't even need a gps...never been to one, so I can't give any recommendations. Sent from somewhere in the cosmos using magic...and bacon. Edited by Ted S.