TGO 300 AAC Pistola

Dustbuster

I did it again,my name is DustBuster, I'm a AR pistol addict. I will never recover lol..
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,courage to build the things I love, and coffee to keep me up reloading the ammo for it!
This dysfunctional 300 family has:
TGO billet lower
Vltor mur1 billet upper
JP guard cloaking a noveske 10.5 pistol barrel
Magpul gen 2 back ups
Blackhawk lpk w poor mans trigger mod for AR
Aim nickel boron bcg
Magpul RSA
Team 5 buffer tube and kit for pistol
Eotech op mod 2 optic
Badger charging handle
Xyz compensator
Lotsa DustBuster love
KNS pin set going in after this post
zuqutavy.jpg
9yzanady.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

• Like 1

You don't remember the brand of muzzle brake?

You going with the KNS for looks? I personally don't think they are needed on anything other than NFA lowers. I recently had a guy who had to drill the KNS pins out of his lower. He could not get them out any other way. If you do I would STRONGLY recommend using a light strength Loctite rather than the permanent that comes with the kit. When my SBR paperwork comes back I will install a set myself but they will be removable.

It was actually a brake/comp I grabbed off of Amazon earlier this year. I really don't remember it being a mainstream brand but being for 308 and the way it was ported all under 50 bucks got my attention compared to the JP 90.00 version. I had it on another 300 pistol and it worked well w significant diff over a std birdcage.
The range neighbors weren't thrilled but it kept it from doing "wheelies" it may get a noveske am still thinking about it. Noise vs rise
On the kns pins
I brushed the factory Loctite off of the screws as I remembered we talked about kns Loctite issues,and used Loctite 242 blue instead. (I use it on every fastener I remove that doesn't get lubed)
The trigger kit is from a 39 dollar lpk.The oem pins were gunked up and were a little loose hence using the kns. After I test fire this, it will get the dolomite trigger upgrade.

The best part of putting this together was the peaceful time I had w some good classic rock on the radio, a hot cup of coffee, and zero distractions from phone calls, ol lady, pets etc.

The worst part was,the pistol tube has a bologna cut design with a notch where the buffer retainer pin meets the tube . I had a self inflicted ,unexpected launch of the pin and spring but had a recovery nasa would have been proud of cause I vacuumed the shop floor before starting!

It's heavy, handles well, put rails where u want em. Used Loctite on the tiny screws that hold it to the barrel nut ring. I'm happy w it except for the weight.wish it was lighter.

Weight is a good thing on a Grendel. It will be a 22" barrel with the big compensator.

Thanks David, May the force be with us. I'm not a barrel authority but a lot of folks rave over both w no remorse. Only thing that concerns me about a 300 or other big pistol is the round doesn't stop short of anything
As does an ak or others.