Knife stores in the MidState?

Not sure about anything out that way, Dave.. But I will say that you'll never regret a trip to SMKW if you've never been there.

This. I've been out twice in 2013 and my only regret each time has been leaving the credit card at home. I'm not so much a knife junky though I was as a kid, but even my frugal butt can easily spend ALOT of money there on mid level knives alone.

Would you share some information on the Internet dealers if allowed here?

BladeHQ has about the best site for looking and comparing. They're also a great vendor. Knifecenter is another. When it came down to buying, I bought quite a few from Amazon, especially my ZT's. They beat everybody's price, and stock a lot of the more popular knives.

I go to SMKW  at least twice a year.

I've gotten pretty good at getting out of there without spending a lot of money :)

Although now they sell 5.11 clothing and often on sale.

That has cost me a couple hundred bucks!

A nice thing about SMKW is that you can ASK QUESTIONS and usually you can actually get real help.

The last few times I was there I had a specific type of knife I was looking for and a salesman quickly took me around the whole store and showed me 4 or 5 options that would have taken me an hour or two to find.

I'm close to SMKW so I'm there at least once a month.They have a lot of really good guys working there who know their stuff. I love being able to fondle a knife before I buy it. You gotta watch their prices though. If they have a sale you'll have a hard time finding it cheaper. If not their website can be a lot cheaper than in store. And they wouldn't price match their own website the times I tried to get them to.

I'm going there Monday to probably buy something I don't need.

• 3 weeks later...

I go to SMKWs when ever I want to.  Great place to go, but my one gripe about them is they never have all their wears in stock at the store, even though it's available on the internet.  If you got it online, then why don't you have it in the store? 

Edited by Moped