No more shows at Hendersonville?

I do live under a rock and usually am the last to get the word about something.  

A vendor at the showgrounds told me that there would not be any future shows at Hendersonville.  RKs website does not show any shows there in 2014.

What went wrong?  I thought this was working its way into a decent show.

I don't have an inside track to the show. RK does have a history of not keeping the website up to date. So, I'll

wait & see what happens.

David (dlm), might have some idea.

That said, can't see why they would not have shows there, other than contract disputes, or rent prices. RK is

about money. Great location, building, etc. free parking.

These shows are getting more and more like flea markets every year. Sometimes I find a good deal, but not like it used to be.

Nonetheless, I enjoy the hell out of going and will likely continue. So, thank God the ones in Murfreesboro are still happening. I'd hate to have to stoop to going to the BG show in Nashville or that indoor yard sale in Lebanon they call a gun show.

I guess you all already might know this but I called RK and they no longer have shows in Hendersonville. Looks like I'll be going to the one in Murfreesboro this Saturday to sell this LCR! I hear it's a good show. I agree on the post above, they are becoming flea markets!

That is pretty much what happened to the Fishing Expo's that use to be great shows until they got to greedy and kept jacking the prices up on booth spaces and entry fees until the vendors were forced to sell their products at or above retail prices to make any money. Now you go to a fishing expo and you can buy everything from house gutters to Alaskan Vacations but not very much tackle or boats.................jmho

Sucks... I quit going to Goodmans when the Fairgrounds started charging for parking. Not really Goodman's fault, but their show wasn't the 8 bucks they were charging either. Can't make any decent deals going in $21.00 in the hole just getting in the door. (I usually take my son with me)

Thanks David
I'm bummed out,I loved the hville show....looks like Mboro is the only good one left unless ya like nazi junk asscrack,BO and bone handled knives
Hopefully someone will get energized and find a new venue. I don't think the 22lr hoarders would last on the side of the road holding cardboard signs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
  • Like 1

Yep, that sucks.  Is there a way to petition the fairground to not charge parking?  I'm in the same camp as most others that I refuse to pay for parking AND entry fee.  I wonder if there were any hendersonville specific vendors that will make the jump and join the murfreesboro show making it larger/better?  I also wonder if they will start having the murfreesboro show more often now?

You could petition the fair board, but likely be a waste of time. Mayor Carl Dean has been trying to shut down

the fairgrounds for some time.He has some developer buds that want it bad. Parking fees is just another

tactic to achieve that.

So far the fairgrnds has held it's own, but at a price to those who go there.

Even without the $5 parking fee, the $8 admission for a show that size is over the top, not to mention thew

flea mkt crap inside.

Yep, the whole scene sucks.

Well it wasn't because of the great neighborhood, thats for sure

Yep.  Maybe it would be better to get RK or even another promoter to start a really big show downtown at the new convention center?  Can you imagine if Nashville ended up playing host to a southern version of the Tulsa show or the Indy show?

Well, we just got back from an empty parking lot at Hendersonville Expo. He got pissed. Not because they cancelled the show but because they did not update it on the internet and it still showed that they were having it today. I told him that word was it was cancelled but he had to prove it himself. Made the trip worth while anyway cause I need a few things from Sams so we stopped by there and I got what I needed so not a totally wasted trip anyway............. :rock: