SO how does one submit an E-File?

I'm not sure about Chattanooga, but most of the shops in the Nashville area are set up to e-file.  Ask your local shops and see who is on the system.  Surely someone is.

The LGS doesn't get anything out of it at all unless it's selling a NFA item that's involved though, right? Meaning, you're just asking them to take the time to do it for good PR or whatever?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1126009" timestamp="1395100109"]The LGS doesn't get anything out of it at all unless it's selling a NFA item that's involved though, right? Meaning, you're just asking them to take the time to do it for good PR or whatever? - OS[/quote] Standard NFA Transfers run $50. The FFL has to posses the item to do the transfer and hold it until stamp returns. And they have to have the license to deal NFA. If another dealer has the item and doesn't do e-file he would have to have a dealer to dealer transfer which can take weeks in its own right.

Standard NFA Transfers run $50. The FFL has to posses the item to do the transfer and hold it until stamp returns. And they have to have the license to deal NFA. If another dealer has the item and doesn't do e-file he would have to have a dealer to dealer transfer which can take weeks in its own right.

Yeah, but I didn't mean a transfer. Just making a NFA firearm, like SBR or AOW, which seems to be what most everyone here does. No FFL involvement needed, right?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1126050" timestamp="1395105237"]Yeah, but I didn't mean a transfer. Just making a NFA firearm, like SBR or AOW, which seems to be what most everyone here does. No FFL involvement needed, right? - OS[/quote] Yes that's right. And actually you can't use an FFL even if you want to. The manufacturer (you) have to file the paperwork. And if you have a trust or corp you can efile anytime you please.

Yes that's right. And actually you can't use an FFL even if you want to. The manufacturer (you) have to file the paperwork. And if you have a trust or corp you can efile anytime you please.

Oh, I got impression e-file was only via an FFL, that individuals couldn't do it, was reason I even posted.

- OS

[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1126056" timestamp="1395105580"]Oh, I got impression e-file was only via an FFL, that individuals couldn't do it, was reason I even posted. - OS[/quote] Yeah it's a confusion I've seen here before. You must have a trust to efile but for a form 1 you file yourself by going to the ATF website.

The only Dealer I've contacted so far that's even tried to eFile doesn't carry the can brand I want to purchase. I think their excuse was that every one they've sent in has been kicked back. I know shops in GA that have little to no problem with eFile. It's hit/miss on the eFile site mostly. Just have to keep trying; early morning has the best results.

What are you looking for Prof?  I have NFA customers who have never even seen me before ;o) ... their luck I guess..

Depending on what you want to get or what you want done everything could be done via email or mail ... just ask some of the fellas here ...

If one of my distributors has what you want I can get it here in 4-5 weeks.  We efile between us .. Carry AAC, YHM, SilencerCo, Surefire, Tactical Innovations, TBAC... several others. 

PM me what you're after and I'll let you know if I'll be able to help.  As much as I despise the system, I do efile absolutely every time I can now .. it's just crazy if you can but choose not to ... my paper forms are 12 months now!!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...