SO how does one submit an E-File?

I E-filed on Friday at Guns and Leather and it was easy. You must have a copy of your trust on a thumb drive or e-mail it to the shop. The file can be no larger than 3mb. Then you need to pay by credit or debit card while there. Guns and Leather said they have been getting them approved in 3-31/2 months. We will see. Hope this helps.

On that note, does anyone know where, who, or how to get established on a trust. You'll have to excuse me as this is something that I am treading into fresh waters on.

Patrick Stegal (Memphis)  and Chip Cain(Nashville) are both forum sponsors.  Both can do everything through mail and phone. 

You MUST have a trust or some sort of incorporation to eFile. As an individual you cannot eFile.

That's not true you can E-file as an individual. We have an employee that did a form 1 himself and has already gotten approval.

-Daniel

Edited by Outpost Armory
  • Like 1
[quote name="Outpost Armory" post="1103779" timestamp="1391119625"]That's not true you can E-file as an individual. We have an employee that did a form 1 himself and has already gotten approval. -Daniel[/quote] How did he upload fingerprints and photos? As I understand it the system can't do that currently.

Individuals can eForm FORM 1s IF they use an entity - TRUST, CORP, LLC, etc...

Only SOTs can eForm Form 4 transfers as the items have to be in the SOT's inventory. 

If an individual filed he slipped through the cracks and found an inexperienced examiner.  ATF is working to allow prints and photos but as of our latest newsletter still a no go.  I'll be happy to email the lastest ATF Eforms bulletin if anyone wants to see it... I'd attach it here but I don't know if we can attach PDFs.  PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy.

Here's a brief blurb from it below... taken verbatim...

ATF has received a number of questions about the submis-sions of eForms 1 and 4 and who can do the submission. In general, an eForm 1 can be submitted by a legal entity, such as a trust, and an eForm 4 can be submitted by a Federal firearms licensee who has paid the special tax and registered for eForms. We have received the follow-ing questions about the process.

Can an FFL/SOT submit a Form 1 on behalf of a cus-tomer? No. The customer must set up his/her own account on eForms as the registration by the cus-tomer allows the customer to digitally sign the ap-plication. If the FFL/SOT submits the application, the application will be signed and attested to by the FFL/SOT who is not part of the legal entity.

• Like 2

A "trust" is not an individual. The indiviaul may be part of a trust but the trust is who is submitting it not the individual.

In order to eFile the "individual" must be part of the "trust". An individual cannot just submit a Form 1 alone through the eFile system, it must be accompanied by a trust or other entity.

I wish I could submit a Form 1, fingerprints, photos and then get approval through the eFile system but I cannot.

A "trust" is not an individual. The indiviaul may be part of a trust but the trust is who is submitting it not the individual.

In order to eFile the "individual" must be part of the "trust". An individual cannot just submit a Form 1 alone through the eFile system, it must be accompanied by a trust or other entity.

I wish I could submit a Form 1, fingerprints, photos and then get approval through the eFile system but I cannot.

I misunderstood your post.  i thought you were saying that an individual, as in not an FFL holder could Efile

Edited by Outpost Armory

I fall in that category as well. Shoot me a message and I'll get you started on a trust if you like.

I didn't realize you were a member... John set my trust up just this week... Very easy process and John has promptly answered any of my questions
  • 4 weeks later...

It took me a solid 5 days of trying to actually finally submit a Form 1.  It was a complete PITA for me.  I tried different browsers at different times of the day with no success.  Finally one morning I tried it and it just worked.  It still has quite a few bugs to work out, but I'm hoping for a short wait on this Form 1.

• 3 weeks later...

So, the way I've read this thread so far....

Even if I have an NFA Trust established, for a Form 4 item, the employee at the store still has to be willing to submit the forms via e-File? So far I haven't found anyone willing. :(

[quote name="ProfEngr" post="1125709" timestamp="1395049783"]So, the way I've read this thread so far.... Even if I have an NFA Trust established, for a Form 4 item, the employee at the store still has to be willing to submit the forms via e-File? So far I haven't found anyone willing. :([/quote] Yes the FFL had to file a Form 4. Drive to Oak Ridge and Mike at Law Enforcement Sales will fix you up. It's about an hour and a half drive, but it will be worth it in the end. Send him a PM on here and he'll get back to you