Anyone ever order ammo from MunireUSA?

Guest elgatonegro

Yes, they are located in my area, their prices look great but they charge $10.00 for in store pick-up, REALLY !?!?! and their shipping prices are CRAZY !!! I have done some shipping quotes with compariable online companies that have higher ammo prices but their shipping cost are much less.  I'm talking I saved $10-20 by paying more for the ammo and less for the shipping.  I SAY NO THANKS TO MUNIRE !!!

Guest semiautots

Yes, they are located in my area, their prices look great but they charge $10.00 for in store pick-up, REALLY !?!?! and their shipping prices are CRAZY !!! I have done some shipping quotes with compariable online companies that have higher ammo prices but their shipping cost are much less.  I'm talking I saved $10-20 by paying more for the ammo and less for the shipping.  I SAY NO THANKS TO MUNIRE !!!

I was going to order a case of Russian 7.62 x 39 from J&G.  Got to the end and they wanted to charge $43 to ship a case.  Most other places are $22 - $25.  Needless to say . . . NO!!

Guest elgatonegro

Yeah since I saw what Munire was doing i started keeping a close eye on shipping charges, one of the better ones I have found is www.todaysammo.com.  I try to use www.ammoseek.com to shop around a bit but have had good experience with todays ammo, any others you could recommend?

Guest elgatonegro

Been looking for some .22LR also, if anyone comes across any let me know I have an old rifle that was passed down to me I would love to go plink around with but cant find any ammo.

Not to hijack the thread, tho part relates to S/H, an example for thought. I recently order various reloading parts, etc., from 3 different vendors. Total cost was $149.13. Total S/H cost was $ 44.54. That's approx. 30% for S/H. One of the few things gun related you can't blame on Obama. This is just pure greed, IMHO. Not unusual for an item you can put inside you hand, costs more to ship than the part is worth. Venders have filed a claim on a gold mine here. Only option is to buy off the store shelf. Problem is most LGS do not carry a large selection, and then there's sales tax, so......
  • 2 months later...
Guest bootsgal

Hi....I JUST RECEIVED my shipment from MunireUSA and I am in shock HOW FAST AND EASY THIS WAS!!! Getting into this forum took more time to register than it did to find and order my ammo on MunireUSA...and that includes going to FINDMYAMMO.com! This was three days ago, I ordered, and got my order today, the third day, plus an easy TRACKING SYSTEM...they send you the emails to track...better than USPS for sure....and in this day, the costs of ammo and delivery is NOTHING compared to being out of certain ammo! First off, I have been looking for this ammo for months...I was always a day late finding it, no one had it, oops they had a lot, they sold out, another shipment in a week or two, follow up, too late all sold out! ALL OF THAT AGGRAVATION for a little higher SERVICE? Get real! This is great service...and I say this BEFORE I have opened the package! lol....it's a great place and I thanked God for them! My life saver!...

Hi....I JUST RECEIVED my shipment from MunireUSA and I am in shock HOW FAST AND EASY THIS WAS!!! Getting into this forum took more time to register than it did to find and order my ammo on MunireUSA...and that includes going to FINDMYAMMO.com! This was three days ago, I ordered, and got my order today, the third day, plus an easy TRACKING SYSTEM...they send you the emails to track...better than USPS for sure....and in this day, the costs of ammo and delivery is NOTHING compared to being out of certain ammo! First off, I have been looking for this ammo for months...I was always a day late finding it, no one had it, oops they had a lot, they sold out, another shipment in a week or two, follow up, too late all sold out! ALL OF THAT AGGRAVATION for a little higher SERVICE? Get real! This is great service...and I say this BEFORE I have opened the package! lol....it's a great place and I thanked God for them! My life saver!...

Ok, why does your post seem a little strange when I consider it's your only post and it's raving about one company...

• Like 5
Yes, there is a lot to be said for actually getting the ammo you want when you want it. But....the excessive s&h charges from some sellers is blatantly offensive. Couple this with increases in pricing, and some of us just have to say "no" to the purchase.

Glad it worked out for you though.

But I do notice that you posted no information on what you ordered, pricing, or shipping charges. Edited by hipower
Guest bootsgal

Ok, why does your post seem a little strange when I consider it's your only post and it's raving about one company...

Let's see, "because they asked the question???" would you want me to list ALL OF THE AMMO company's I have used for the last sixty years? lol...and what I ordered, pricing, shipping charges??? let me send you a blood sample...or better yet, let me delete my comments, I thought they were helpful...and didn't think I had to attach my resume in order to comment...so I'm out of this forum....have a good one!..

Let's see, "because they asked the question???" would you want me to list ALL OF THE AMMO company's I have used for the last sixty years? lol...and what I ordered, pricing, shipping charges??? let me send you a blood sample...or better yet, let me delete my comments, I thought they were helpful...and didn't think I had to attach my resume in order to comment...so I'm out of this forum....have a good one!..

Handy that. I think Macville might be on to something here. Seems to be curious times for gun forums.

Their shipping prices turned me off, their prices seemed good though.
I've had to ship some items and lately the shipping prices are very high inmo.

I think most business work out deals with the shipper due to quantity from the business. I guess munire isn't on board with that program yet.

This thread could get interesting ... :popcorn:

• Like 2

Been looking for some .22LR also, if anyone comes across any let me know I have an old rifle that was passed down to me I would love to go plink around with but cant find any ammo.

It's going to be a long wait ...

Edited by No_0ne

Neither I, nor anyone else asked for "all the ammo companies" you have used. You posted a specific comment about a specific company and didn't give any relevant facts to explain your opinion.
  • Like 2
[quote name="bootsgal" post="1155838" timestamp="1402006837"]Let's see, "because they asked the question???" would you want me to list ALL OF THE AMMO company's I have used for the last sixty years? lol...and what I ordered, pricing, shipping charges??? let me send you a blood sample...or better yet, let me delete my comments, I thought they were helpful...and didn't think I had to attach my resume in order to comment...so I'm out of this forum....have a good one!..[/quote]I say the forum would be well served to delete this member and their first 2 posts.

By the way the IP for bootsgal and MunireUSA are not even close. Matter of fact they are not even in the same state.

Seems like a lot of work for an employee to do to try to hide their affiliation.

Everyone needs to loosen the tin foil up a bit.

LOL - I will now remove my tin foil hat. :)

Just an FYI - lots of companies pay folks to promote their products on the web, posting positive reviews and comments on forums and other sites, as a way to improve their reputation and increase their search engine rankings. The folks that do this type of work are usually not employees, and often work from remote locations (out of their homes). And in some cases they are not even paid, they may be friends or relatives of the company, or just someone with a vested interest such as a share holder or product tester. They even have computerized bots that do this type of thing. This is why it seemed terribly suspicious to me. An old thread is revived with a very generic but highly glowing review which sounded like it was fresh out of the marketing department, and the member was a brand new member that did not take the time to complete their profile or introduce themselves, and then immediately abandons ship when their first post is questioned. I have no doubt that bootsgal is a real person, just didn't think her first 2 posts were appropriate even if she had nothing but good intentions. But then I expect a bit more from TGO, since this place has always been a cut above other forums.
  • Like 1