Saw a shady deal at Academy- with pic

I hope the guy at Academy doesn't lose his job. I don't wish that on anyone.

As for Pax,  well they come and they go.

I'm sure the buyers he was saving the ammo for, will take care of him if he loses his job for breaking Academy's rules.

As Willie Nelson once said:  "...Grandpappy told my pappy, back in my day, son a man had to answer for the wicked that he done take all the rope in Texas find a tall oak tree, round up all of them bad boys hang them high in the street for all the people to see that..."  From the song of Beer for My Horses, Toby Keith and Willie Nelson duet.

I've always been treated fairly at Academy Sports.

No lies, no misrepresentation.

If anything, they have bent over backwards letting me know about deals I was not aware of.

Be willing to bet that is the corporate image they want to project.

If you play with dirt, expect to get dirty.

The question he has to answer to his management; what was in it for him?

One doesn't lie to customers and expect his character to stand up to scrutiny.
  • Like 4

I would see him fired.   It is a lesson he will hopefully take to heart.  Its a retail job -- not too hard to find one of those, and not so big a deal to be fired from one that you cannot recover. 

Keeping him on teaches him the golden rule for crooks --- don't get caught, and if you do, its still probably going to be OK. 

Firing him hopefully teaches what our prisons do not ---  actions have consequences.

I got a call today. I was informed that they have changed the policy for the 22lr in this district. I was also told that the employee was reprimanded and that this will never happen again. I am pretty pleased with the way it was handled. I will be giving them another chance. I am still waiting on a follow up call from the LP manager, I was told he will call me before the weekend.

• Like 5

I got a call today. I was informed that they have changed the policy for the 22lr in this district. I was also told that the employee was reprimanded and that this will never happen again. I am pretty pleased with the way it was handled. I will be giving them another chance. I am still waiting on a follow up call from the LP manager, I was told he will call me before the weekend.

Thanks for seeing, reporting and following through with all this. 

• Like 1
I had a similar deal but I didn't go in for .22. I knew they didn't have any. My wife actually saw them handing 3 buckets over to a guy that I've seen and spoken to before. He's a regular. Want to know the bad thing... I went to the manager and it WAS the guy behind the counter. I called corporate and I'm sure nothing happened. That was BS. Even though I assumed no .22 and never asked... I heard two or three guys ask and heard the answer very well. That's BS!! This was in Brentwood/Cool Springs. This is happening at Walmart, and now confirmed the " nicer" stores too. You know insider deals have and are going on right now.
  • 1 month later...

Update: I have been in a couple time recently and have yet to see the sales guy, not sure if he was fired or not.

While I was in there I ran I was looking at some rifle ammo and she came up and asked if I was finding everything ok. I said yes and made a comment how it was nice to see ammo on the shelves and can't wait to see 22lr come back. She told me that if you get there on shipment day at about 7am and stand around for 2 hours you will have a chance to get a box. She said "they" are showing up earlier and earlier. She said several times they have beat her to work. during that conversation I also found out that the pistol ammo was moved back up front because of theft. It was apparently a group of guys stealing it. Since moving it back up front they are actually starting to get back stock on that ammo. I think it would be a shame to have to set it all behind the counter but if it had gotten so bad that the shelves were bare before and now they have back stock I think it might be the way to go. I know I have gone in there several times (for fishing gear) and was amazed with how much pistol ammo was on the counter.

Edited by LI0NSFAN