7.62x39 and other Russian Ammo Threatened

Well, everybody's buddy Alex Jones says,

"The largest wholesale gun & ammo distributors in the US have informed us in private conversation today that a massive scramble is on for all 7.62 as Russia has reportedly halted all exports to the US of Russian made ammunition."

http://www.infowars.com/a-run-on-ammunition-has-begun-russia-has-reportedly-halted-all-exports-to-the-us-of-russian-made-ammunition/

So much for fanning any flames here on TGO having much affect.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
I thought a good price for 7.62x39 was about .10 a round. That is what I paid for the last surplus I bought in the late 80s early 90s. I might need to get some more 7.62 x54r tho. I am down to about 2000 rnds. And I still shoot this. Now they want what I was paying for a case 2.5 years ago for a can now. Rediculous. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......
[quote name="jtmaze" post="1121885" timestamp="1394294095"]I thought a good price for 7.62x39 was about .10 a round. That is what I paid for the last surplus I bought in the late 80s early 90s. I might need to get some more 7.62 x54r tho. I am down to about 2000 rnds. And I still shoot this. Now they want what I was paying for a case 2.5 years ago for a can now. Rediculous. JTMWe the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......[/quote] You really expect prices will hold same over 15-20 years or even 2 years ago? I bet you get sticker shock everytime you go to the gas station. Surplus runs out. Prices go up accordingly. You probably bought a Garand out of a barrel in the hardware store for $50 too. Don't go looking for that our your may have a heart attack! :-)
  • Like 1

I thought a good price for 7.62x39 was about .10 a round. That is what I paid for the last surplus I bought in the late 80s early 90s. I might need to get some more 7.62 x54r tho. I am down to about 2000 rnds. And I still shoot this. Now they want what I was paying for a case 2.5 years ago for a can now. Rediculous. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......

It was a good price at the time. I'll bet this ammo is out of stock before the weekend is over.

I'd buy a tractor trailer load of Norinco 7.62x39 for a dime a pop like it was in the 90's. I'd also like to get some more 22lr for less than $10 per brick again. Those days are gone. I'd sure hate to go back to making the money I was making then.

On a positive note, I imagine the U.S. population is more well armed today than they've ever been.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 2
I know guys. Ak's under $300 and sks $100. That was the good ole days. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union...... Edited by jtmaze

Well, everybody's buddy Alex Jones says,

"The largest wholesale gun & ammo distributors in the US have informed us in private conversation today that a massive scramble is on for all 7.62 as Russia has reportedly halted all exports to the US of Russian made ammunition."

http://www.infowars.com/a-run-on-ammunition-has-begun-russia-has-reportedly-halted-all-exports-to-the-us-of-russian-made-ammunition/

So much for fanning any flames here on TGO having much affect.

- OS

If AJ or Infowars said grass was green I would have to check them against a minimum of 5 other independent sources.

At work we've had shelves full of Wolf 7.62x39 for a couple of months. Stuff wasn't moving. Stopped by today to check on some things and noticed the shelves are now empty. Panic buying has definitely kicked off......

I guess it getting close to Spring with nice weather and the shooting season kicking in had nothing to do with it.

The Walmart shelves are full around me, and so is Dunhams. It's an internet rumor, most people haven't even thought about it.

And the internet dealers are well stocked also.  Sounds like some people are trying to drum up business.

[quote name="Garufa" post="1125198" timestamp="1394934911"]And the internet dealers are well stocked also. Sounds like some people are trying to drum up business.[/quote] Not me, I could care less if they bought it at my Walmart. Frankly I'm tired of putting up with the old farts coming in and yelling at me because they believe Walmart is hoarding ammo. I was just stating that we hadn't sold x39 in months, not a single box, and now it's all gone. Look thru my post history here on TGO. I challenge you to find one single post in over 500 that indicates I have either tried to add fuel to the fire or have tried to drum up business.

Not me, I could care less if they bought it at my Walmart. Frankly I'm tired of putting up with the old farts coming in and yelling at me because they believe Walmart is hoarding ammo. I was just stating that we hadn't sold x39 in months, not a single box, and now it's all gone. Look thru my post history here on TGO. I challenge you to find one single post in over 500 that indicates I have either tried to add fuel to the fire or have tried to drum up business.

Lighten up, Francis. 

• Like 3

I bought a case of Wolf x39 from AIM, just because they love me and send me emails saying as much.

Probably could have got it a cent or two cheaper if I had looked but I like to return the love.

I am near a lifetime supply of it,  and of course if a shooting war broke out all I would need is two mags full.  After that I imagine I will be buzzard food anyway.

Just doing my part.

And fwiw AK's rule!

• Like 4