TGO lower

Justonce

Honestly about any upper will fit  nice and tight on the TGO/CMT lowers because did you noticed the extra hole and allen head set screw back in the grip area? If you have any play when you install your upper of choice on the lower you simply tighten that set screw which acts similar to products like the Accuwedge and takes away most all the play between receivers. Now that I've said that I only hope that it was my TGO receivers that had that and not another lower. It's kinda late to be digging in the safe to make 100% sure but i'm fairly certain that the TGO receivers have this feature.

That would address a tight fit but if having the lines match up is important to you then a CMT upper would be the sure way to make it happen. I'm not sure how other uppers are machined and if they visually/cosmetically match up with the CMT lowers but they might.

I ordered a non-TGO CMT UPUR-1 on Friday a week ago. It showed up on the following Tuesday. That's excellent service. [url="https://www.cmttac.com/AR-15-Receivers/AR 15 CMT Billet Upper Receivers?product_id=102"]https://www.cmttac.com/AR-15-Receivers/AR 15 CMT Billet Upper Receivers?product_id=102[/url] Edited by Lumber_Jack

IMG_2398_zpse6cc9000.jpg

I used the matching TGO CMT upper and bolt.

Hey Greg, how do you like that Midwest rail? I've been looking hard at the 15" but the same model as your's and the only thing that had me kind of "iffy" is the teeth on the barrel nut being exposed. Now that I've seen that it looks great on your's it really isn't bothering me.

[quote name="Luke E." post="1122577" timestamp="1394424892"] Hey Greg, how do you like that Midwest rail? I've been looking hard at the 15" but the same model as your's and the only thing that had me kind of "iffy" is the teeth on the barrel nut being exposed. Now that I've seen that it looks great on your's it really isn't bothering me.[/quote] I'm not Greg ;) but I'll tell ya I love mine so far. It's really light thin grip. If the gas tube hole is lined up the the rail is timed right and it just slides straight on, no screwing the rail onto the nut. It's held in place by the anti-rotation tabs and the two retention screws at the bottom. The installation instructions say to apply loctite(provided) to the barrel nut/rail contact surface. After reading online I've seen several not do that step. So I also skipped it and will just monitor and see of it loosens. C06B7553-9F14-4260-B638-FA0D87FF638B_zps

Hey Greg, how do you like that Midwest rail? I've been looking hard at the 15" but the same model as your's and the only thing that had me kind of "iffy" is the teeth on the barrel nut being exposed. Now that I've seen that it looks great on your's it really isn't bothering me.

I'm happy with it. I don't really see much way to improve upon it. It beats the crud out of a quadrail in my opinion.

[URL=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_2397_zps33a43470.jpg.html]IMG_2397_zps33a43470.jpg[/URL]

I believe mine is a 15" model as well.

Edited by gregintenn

I'm not Greg ;) but I'll tell ya I love mine so far. It's really light thin grip. If the gas tube hole is lined up the the rail is timed right and it just slides straight on, no screwing the rail onto the nut. It's held in place by the anti-rotation tabs and the two retention screws at the bottom. The installation instructions say to apply loctite(provided) to the barrel nut/rail contact surface. After reading online I've seen several not do that step. So I also skipped it and will just monitor and see of it loosens. C06B7553-9F14-4260-B638-FA0D87FF638B_zps

I'm happy with it. I don't really see much way to improve upon it. It beats the crud out of a quadrail in my opinion.

IMG_2397_zps33a43470.jpg

I believe mine is a 15" model as well.

I have that Midwest 12" rail on my PTAC upper and love it. Slim feel but very customizable. The only drawback is that since it is so thin it can warm up quickly.

Awesome. I've got a Noveske (Troy) tube that is similar in diameter and I love it. Greg I agree with you, I never have been big on the ergonomics of a quad rail but had one on my Blackout that was narrow like the Danial Defense rails and it wasn't horrible but the Troy rail I have on it now is way better. Glad to see 3 good opinions on it. I've kinda narrowed my options to this one and the 15" Seekins. The Midwest is around $189 +shipping and I found the Seelins for $249 with free shipping so the price difference isn't great so it's really coming down to the Midwest being a round tube and the Seekins being roundish with small flats at the 3, 6 and 9 positions. Since the rifle this is going on will be a distance rifle and usually rested on something i'm wondering if the the flats on the Seekins would be beneficial. Either way I will be free floating a .223 AR sometime in the near future and it will be getting the Midwest. Thanks, for the input guys.