My wife wants a Kimber Ultra Raptor II

My wife hates the gun she carries now and is quite smitten with the Ultra Raptor II. I tried to sell her on an XDS but to no avail. Do any of you have an Ultra Raptor II and if so do you like it? Thanks in advance!

Your wife wants a Kimber Ultra Raptor II...Congratulations! Does she have a sister? Edited by z0mbies fear me
  • Like 2

Has she ever fired a 1911 style handgun and a 45.? they are good guns just make sure you train with it they do take a little more discipline to handle safely, I'm just saying not trying to start anything, that should be a fine gun for her. 

Has she ever fired a 1911 style handgun and a 45.? they are good guns just make sure you train with it they do take a little more discipline to handle safely, I'm just saying not trying to start anything, that should be a fine gun for her. 

Yes she has. Out of curiosity, what takes the extra discipline? I have a 1911 and I think it's probably the safest handgun I own based on it's operation. The operator is obviously what makes any firearm safe.

your correct the "person" makes it safe. I was referring to carrying purpose example if you own other types of auto pistols(Glock, H&K, S&W ect....) they all have other types of safety features that are different from one another that's what I meant about "discipline" that's why I only own or carry a 1911's, I sold all my other types of handguns and dedicated my carry weapon to the 1911 platform. I believe for me it works just practicing with one type of weapon for my self-defense practice and carry( I don't want to be in a situation under stress and find out I forgot to flip the thumb-safety off the 1911 when I'm used to just pulling a Glock ) I hope I didn't offend you by what I posted earlier.

• Like 1

your correct the "person" makes it safe. I was referring to carrying purpose example if you own other types of auto pistols(Glock, H&K, S&W ect....) they all have other types of safety features that are different from one another that's what I meant about "discipline" that's why I only own or carry a 1911's, I sold all my other types of handguns and dedicated my carry weapon to the 1911 platform. I believe for me it works just practicing with one type of weapon for my self-defense practice and carry( I don't want to be in a situation under stress and find out I forgot to flip the thumb-safety off the 1911 when I'm used to just pulling a Glock ) I hope I didn't offend you by what I posted earlier.

Absolutely not! I couldn't agree with you more. I'm definitely a believer in practicing often and being comfortable with your carry weapon. I couldn't really think of a way to word the question without sounding butthurt about it :) Thanks for your input!

No problem and if you ever get towards my area PM me and let me know, and if you want we could meet at one of the ranges and you can try out one of my 1911's( I've got six so far, Wilson, NightHawk,Les Baer TRS, Guncrafters GI Frag....) you can shoot any of them you like.

No problem and if you ever get towards my area PM me and let me know, and if you want we could meet at one of the ranges and you can try out one of my 1911's( I've got six so far, Wilson, NightHawk,Les Baer TRS, Guncrafters GI Frag....) you can shoot any of them you like.

:drool: I will most definitely do that! Thanks and the same goes for you if you're ever in Knoxville. I don't have quite the sweet collection you do but the invitation is open just the same :)

My wife hates the gun she carries now and is quite smitten with the Ultra Raptor II. I tried to sell her on an XDS but to no avail. Do any of you have an Ultra Raptor II and if so do you like it? Thanks in advance!

If she is like the women I know, you wont be happy till she is. Get her the Kimber.