A couple of customs visited me recently

I have some fantastic friends in the knife world.  And one in particular likes to send me things to play with.  He sent me these two recently and I've enjoyed carrying them both.  

First up is a Ramon Chaves Redencion.  This is hands down the biggest, beefiest folder I have ever laid fingers on.  It is overbuilt to the extreme.  The pictures below show some of the cool features of this knife.  The last picture is of the lock bar cut going around the pivot.  Really neat.  

IMG_3616_zps8d3dbae5.jpg

IMG_3617_zpsc771e4b1.jpg

IMG_3618_zps742cb994.jpg

IMG_3620_zps1574189c.jpg

IMG_3638_zps4e1e78c3.jpg

IMG_3639_zpsd7834487.jpg

The second knife was a Michael Burch (Burchtree Bladeworks) Large Swoop.  This knife had the smoothest and best action I've ever felt on a knife.  I was blown away by this one.  Truly incredible work.  Michael is known for his work with 1095 and the hamons he produces.  This one has a great hamon.  

IMG_3625_zpse41aa1bb.jpg

IMG_3626_zpsa18c3e2c.jpg

IMG_3627_zpsa4fc07e3.jpg

And here a few shots of the two together. 

IMG_3630_zpsa8e8d536.jpg

IMG_3631_zps1fc27f73.jpg

IMG_3634_zpsab4e47a1.jpg

The Redencion bit me a few days ago.  Still not sure how this one happened but thats a lot of blade.  

IMG_3637_zpsec1f929a.jpg

And last up an instagram video of the Burch in action.  

http://instagram.com/p/k2yZ7cQSbH/

Edited by Capbyrd
  • Like 5

I have some fantastic friends in the knife world.  And one in particular likes to send me things to play with.  He sent me these two recently and I've enjoyed carrying them both.  

First up is a Ramon Chavez Redencion.  This is hands down the biggest, beefiest folder I have ever laid fingers on.  It is overbuilt to the extreme.  The pictures below show some of the cool features of this knife.  The last picture is of the lock bar cut going around the pivot.  Really neat.  

IMG_3616_zps8d3dbae5.jpg

IMG_3617_zpsc771e4b1.jpg

IMG_3618_zps742cb994.jpg

IMG_3620_zps1574189c.jpg

IMG_3638_zps4e1e78c3.jpg

IMG_3639_zpsd7834487.jpg

The second knife was a Michael Burch (Burchtree Bladeworks) Large Swoop.  This knife had the smoothest and best action I've ever felt on a knife.  I was blown away by this one.  Truly incredible work.  Michael is known for his work with 1095 and the hamons he produces.  This one has a great hamon.  

IMG_3625_zpse41aa1bb.jpg

IMG_3626_zpsa18c3e2c.jpg

IMG_3627_zpsa4fc07e3.jpg

And here a few shots of the two together. 

IMG_3630_zpsa8e8d536.jpg

IMG_3631_zps1fc27f73.jpg

IMG_3634_zpsab4e47a1.jpg

The Redencion bit me a few days ago.  Still not sure how this one happened but thats a lot of blade.  

IMG_3637_zpsec1f929a.jpg

And last up an instagram video of the Burch in action.  

http://instagram.com/p/k2yZ7cQSbH/

I have contacted Chaves about that Redencion , a must have , hope I can afford it. I noticed his clip on his web site is plain on the edges where your is arrowhead like cut , drooling here.  :drool:

Oh well , just saw where a used one went for $925.00 , guess I better find something else ……..

Edited by Threeeighty
  • Like 1

IMG_3637_zpsec1f929a.jpg

Part of me wants to harp on knife safety... the rest of me laughs because "it's not really your knife till it's drawn it's share of your blood."

Nice knives, they look pretty sweet.

Wow!

Can't imagine the price point especially on the Chavez. With the exception of his trademark skull on the clip it is perfection!

Thanks for posting these.

Table prices for both of these would be less than 1000 each.  Secondary on the Chaves would be less than 1000 to 1000.  The Burch, well you don't want to know.  

I have contacted Chaves about that Redencion , a must have , hope I can afford it. I noticed his clip on his web site is plain on the edges where your is arrowhead like cut , drooling here.  :drool:

Oh well , just saw where a used one went for $925.00 , guess I better find something else ……..

Don't let secondary prices run you off.  Ramon's books are closed but he just went full time so they might reopen soon.  If you can get a knife direct, do it.  You should be able to get at least what you paid for it.  

Part of me wants to harp on knife safety... the rest of me laughs because "it's not really your knife till it's drawn it's share of your blood."

Nice knives, they look pretty sweet.

Yeah, I'm usually pretty safe with my knives.  I handle them a lot and rarely cut myself.  The only cuts that I've had in the last couple of years have come from poorly designed sheaths.  Except this one.  Like I said, I'm still not entirely sure how it happened.  I was closing the knife and my finger was in the way.  It doesn't make sense.  

Yeah, I'm usually pretty safe with my knives.  I handle them a lot and rarely cut myself.  The only cuts that I've had in the last couple of years have come from poorly designed sheaths.  Except this one.  Like I said, I'm still not entirely sure how it happened.  I was closing the knife and my finger was in the way.  It doesn't make sense.  

Ahh, I'm just playing. Most knife guys are safe with theirs. That, and it's a small nick. That your pinky finger? I've caught mine during a couple quick folds on frame/linerlocks that were new. Especially likely for me on ones that are significantly different from what I'm used to carrying. Case in point, my ZT0350. Was used to much smaller/lighter blades, heft got the best of me and my finger.

A dab of secondskin and it was all but forgotten, and hasn't happened since! Must be sharp as hell to give you a nick and not have you know about it!