Couldn't think of a title. (Updated and email)

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

First off, I have to bow out for some time. Hopefully not too long. Instead of simply bowing out and having everyone think I am running from an dispute, that is not the case. And since I know so many on here personally, and have received assistance in the background from several I thought it deserves an explanation.

The first thing I actually want to do is give an open apology to anyone who was offended by my recent post. I certainly meant no disrespect of any kind to those veterans, that is absolutely the last thing I would do intentionally. I have been attempting to defend my position, but its kind of hard to defend a position when you do not know what position you are defending. I try to always be informed, however, TMF made a comment that my judgement was clouded. Well it is, but not by what anyone may think. Let me state emphatically that this is not an excuse, but an explanation of why I need to take a break from everything. After going back and reading my own post and replies, over and over, My first post absolutely said what some think it said, but I honestly believed I was making a coherent political post. Then looking at some of my replies and some of them are not even related to the question and comment. My attempt at grammar is screwed up,its all screwed up, and it is my fault.

Again I will say that I am not making excuses or looking to be pitied or anything like that but feel it deserves an explanation of why I have to break contact for some time and why, I feel, that TMF is correct.. 

I have had pretty good pain now since September of 2012. What caused this pain was the after effects of Shingles. I had no idea at all how bad this could get and figured once it is over, it is over. But the pain continued and I was diagnosed with neuropathy in my chest. As I mentioned before i had thought I had had a stroke at one point, I began losing feeling in my left arm and feeling pressure. That wasnt it. I was involved in an auto accident, the pain increased, but in the end there was nothing wrong, so that wasnt it either. It had become so severe that I had to cancel a long planned trip to Pa. and still havent been able to make it, I did not make my mothers funeral because I had to turn around and come back, unable to even ride. I have tried ignoring it, didnt work, I tried other OTC meds, they didnt work either. I was already taking pregabalin, and was given Vantaren (SP?), that was the drug I was talking about that worked so well a few weeks ago, it worked, for about 5 days. Over the last two weeks the pain has increased to the point that I can barely do anything, I was  told I shouldnt ride a bike and my wife is so concerned about it she begged me to sell my Harley, so you see where it is. Also over the last two weeks I have lost nearly all feeling in my left leg, comes and goes  but mostly goes, started feeling like shocks going through my feet, then up my left side, completely, around my back to my spine and and my left arm is completely numb and I can barely lift it, and it feels like someone is taking both hands and squeezing my arm. Suffice to say that I cannot do anything, feel like I am going paralyzed on my left side, am quickly irritable, and due to this, I need to give it a break until I can think clearly and do some things since trying to ignore it and function is not working.

My Doctor gave a correct diagnosis with the neuropathy, but I thought it was going to be in one small part of my chest and I could simply live with it. As it got worse I began asking anyone and everyone for suggestions and finally found someone that some of us know to say what he/she thought. A couple of possibilities were noted and I brought some up to a Doctor today to get another opinion. Same thing, neuropathy, except apparently I am one of the 20% who end up with severe peripheral neuropathy. Apparently I have some severe nerve damage that is causing signals to be sent every which way. I am headed back to the Doctor later this morning. Apparently this can be fixed, I am going to see what I need to do to get it fixed. Until then I feel i should break it off until I am functioning normally. 

Again, my apologies. On top of all this I am stressing myself out, and I never get stressed, and it is only making it worse. My entire family from all over the US is concerned and calling, and my wife and child are extremely concerned. Never thought something as simple as shingles could get this bad. 

I do have a couple of commitments I will honor. One knows that will get done and on the Garand I will make that happen. After that I am going to be unable to do anything else until this gets fixed. 

I am truly sorry about that, TMF is correct, no way is my judgement clear at the moment. 

Edited by TankerHC
Guest semiautots

Be well, sir!  Neuropathic pain is dreadful.

If anyone has had the chicken pox, you have the shingles virus in your body.  If you are over 50, consider going to your doctor and getting a shot that works to prevent shingles.  Shingles originates in your spine and spreads out.  If it gets in your eye, you can lose your eye.

Good luck and prayers for you, Tanker.

I've heard that shingles was a bad bad thing and have seen a few folks I know have to deal with it. Constant pain will really wear you down, I know from experience. Go take care of yourself and make a point of checking back in with us so we can bug the crap outta you.

The only apology needed is the same one we all should send at one point or another here. Opinions and statements that seem coherent and well thought out to us may not always seem so to others.

So don't sweat it.

Take care of yourself. That's all that need concern you at this time.

And if you feel the need to vacation from here for a while; do it with a clear mind.

When you are ready to join in, just come back and be welcomed as a long lost brother and friend.

• Like 1

Hope you feel better soon.

...when you get back all us retards will still be here arguing over the existence of black panthers.

There is no argument...we all know they are real. Just waiting for one of us silly humans to venture out alone and be food.

• Like 1

I for one will miss your postings and look forward to your return.  In the meantime, I hope the Doc's get it sorted out and you find relief and cure.

I dabble in lanterns a little so I have a mil-spec lantern in my small collection.  I will light it later and offer a prayer on your behalf.

Edited by hardknox00001
Guest TankerHC

I had someone contact me, extremely knowledgeable on the subject, and tell me that what they were seeing could not be possible and that it had to be multiple issues.  Actually I contacted them on the subject first and they were nice enough to at least tell me what I might want to be looking at and they were right.

It was multiple issues but one primary issue. And Ill just leave it at this. I was talking to a member here about it yesterday through PM. I said it really makes you want to preach but I would be the last one who needs to be preaching about this, but will say that I have been told this 1000 times.

Diabetes is nothing to be playing with. People who have diabetes really should change their lifestyle when it comes to eating, drinking and smoking. Those doctors don't spend all those years going to school just so they can keep warning you just to hear themselves talk.

It may not get you the first, third, or 5th year, but it will get you. At least based on my new experience. And when the damage is done, it is permanent. Aint no "fixin it". 

My wife sat in and listened to what the Doctor had to say yesterday, and now she and the rest of the family are not too happy. Because they have been parroting the Doctors for years now too.  

That isnt preaching, that is real. I promise you that you probably dont want to hear or see what your family thinks when it goes from "I'm telling you" to "I told you so". 

Ill be off line for at least a couple of weeks. I will still be taking care of a couple of things that I need to with members here, I have got some relief but it is temporary and not all the time relief, until I can do what the Doctors tell me and do for me and get some, hopefully permanent, relief. From the sounds of it if I do what I am told in the long ruin I should be good. 

ANyone needs to contact me and I know there are several who do, email, tankerhc1@gmail.com

I will be checking my email from time to time throughout each day, 

Thanks

J

Hope you are better soon. 

Taking care of business is one thing,

But don't feel like you need to isolate yourself from the forum (if I read that right). Even out of your mind in pain you make more sense than some (most?), and a less offensive than many.

And... you need the diversion as well as our support. Besides, you are one of the best news-junkies on the forum.

Bert

Guest TankerHC

Hope you are better soon. 

Taking care of business is one thing,

But don't feel like you need to isolate yourself from the forum (if I read that right). Even out of your mind in pain you make more sense than some (most?), and a less offensive than many.

And... you need the diversion as well as our support. Besides, you are one of the best news-junkies on the forum.

Bert

After thinking about it, I think your right and so does my wife, isolating myself from everything to focus on this one thing is probably only going to make me feel worse. She also asked why I would do that anyway, every time Im going out the door or someone comes over I met them on Tennessee Gun Owners. Most of my family and old friends are in Maryland, Pa, Georgia, Texas, Virginia and Mississippi. So all the like minded individuals I know here in Tennessee, are here...on this Forum. 

I am however going to refrain from posting and reading anything Political, most news that irritates me etc. At least for a few weeks until I can get this taken care of. But there is one thing I am going to write here about. My next OP. I will say if anyone still needs to get hold of me the best way is going to be that email since I will be spending more time offline other than to daily check my email, since I do need to focus on this. 

Edited by TankerHC