How many primers and bullets do you stock?

I've been loading a lot of 38 Special for my lever rifles and Blackhawk .Right now I have about 4 Thousand SPP and around 3 K of bullets. I been loading more of these than rifle rounds lately, though I do have a lot loaded up.I just been shooting more of the 38's than any of my 22's. How low do you let you primer and bullet stash get before you start getting nervous?

I'll answer this way. It's not how many I keep stocked~~~, it's how low do I let the bullets & primers get. When it get's to 1000 bullets & primers, I start looking to order a few thousand more of everything.  

My grandfather taught me to keep 5 years of supplies on hand, though as I found out when he passed away, "5 years" of his supplies lasted me around 10-15 years, mainly b/c I shoot several different calibers a lot more often than the ones he did. I would venture a guess I that I'm good on cast .38 SWC and .45 RN rounds and large pistol primers for a few generations. I have far less of most of the rifle rounds and the 9mm and .40 that I shoot so often currently. I generally reorder whenever I have enough cash and one of my frequently used pistol calibers is below 2000 rounds worth of components vs. around 500-1000 rounds for most of the rifle rounds. There are of course odd balls, I only have 200 brass or so for the .32 long and rarely cast for them so they are rarely many loaded or many spare components on hand.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.