Everything weapons will never see a dime from me.

Guest Authenticman
I agree with you defending the right to protect ones own property. I stated I was here earlier because a friend messaged me about this thread. I thought that was as obvious as it gets. You can think what you want about me it doesnt hurt my feelings. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Guest Authenticman
So, a gun store charging msrp for something is wrong? Did you happen to check the manufacturers website? Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I live way north of town, and have only been in EW twice, because I rarely get down there. It was nice enough, and I suppose competitively priced for its' location. The prices are higher than in other stores on the north side, but they may be a deal for folks on the south side. That would be my only complaint; just too pricey.

Guest Authenticman
I know most all the people that work for everything weapons. I chose the verbage I used to exclude names. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

A topic that is kept accurate to facts is fine. There have been a few discussions about my business as well that have not been 100% positive. That is going to happen. What gets me is when the discussion is riddled with non-truths. You sir, are a prime example of why these discussions need to be truthful. Its wonderful of you to make a decision about a place that you have never personally visited. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Those who made the decisions surrounding the .22 ammo fiasco are to blame for me never wanting to step foot in EW. While I probably learned of it via one of these threads, I did some of my own digging to come up with my own conclusion. After speaking with a few people who are very familiar with the gun and ammo business, I have reason to believe they are simply a dishonest bunch.

No, not wrong. Just odd. NO business I know of charges MSRP on anything.

Very few I've worked for, and I have a history in retail sales, have gone with MSRP baseline for anything other than a guide for pricing. Not saying, it doesn't happen, but the only time in my few years as owner/manager of a small gift shop; I had only one instance of that happening. And that was because of the purchase/sales agreement required by the manufacturer in order to be part of their organizational sales team.
[quote name="Authenticman" post="1134927" timestamp="1396838669"]So, a gun store charging msrp for something is wrong? Did you happen to check the manufacturers website? Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk[/quote] MSRP? I'm sorry, forgive my laughter. I'm sure they sold the mess out of it. They should hope they stay so lucky because they lost business over it too. Rimfire ammo won't be short forever, but there will be plenty who remember the shop that was trying to give them the shaft over it

Not wanting someone to rub pistols together (even display models) is perfectly reasonable.  However, given the .22 ammo price thread and Authenticman's actions here, I've got an 0-2 count on EW.  If it was already 0-2 against EW, and this thread came along, I'd call a foul tip and wait for more evidence to equal strike three, but someone coming in and going right to the defense of a business is too much of a coincidence not to consider it on an 0-1 count. 

Funny part is that consensus was building to the OP being in the wrong for wanting to rub the pistols together.  Authenticman, you could have hung back before coming to EW's rescue and avoided a good bit of this.

• Like 2
For the record, I don't disagree with asking a customer not to do anything that might damage merchandise. But...if anyone (gun store, or elsewhere) indicates that they would draw on me for the things indicated in this thread, I have a big problem with them
  • Like 14
[quote name="Hershmeister" post="1134950" timestamp="1396840536"]I heard that if you rub two guns together they will make a third one[/quote] Is there magic words like "there's no place like home"? Not that I'd try it or anything... *quietly tiptoes toward safe* Edited by KKing
  • Like 1

The useltons curse !!!!! Shop will bk out in 1 year. Watch. I won't go there for sure after hearing this. I believe an apology should have been in order. What a dick. I understand not scratching goods, but there's this thing called tact that works well.
I had a guy tell me not to break down a g27 a year ago that I did buy but when I asked him why not he said too many people let parts fly and parts have gotten lost in the shop. I accepted that and asked him to break it down I wanted to see the spring setup he showed me what I wanted and I left w it 20 mins later. My dad always told me it doesn't cost anything to be nice, my logic is yeah be nice especially when someone is gonna spend 300 to 3 grand....I've heard enough about this place,belittling someone in front of their child doesn't fly w me at all. Even if the customer is a nuisance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling. Edited by Dustbuster
  • Like 3
Guest Skyline034
I highly doubt it, there has to be much more to this story than what I've read so far. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are so many stores that sound welcoming and inviting. This, regardless of what's gone down, does not sound welcoming and inviting. So, I'll make my choices among the welcoming and inviting stores, and work myself down the list, I imagine I'll get to all of them, sooner or later. . . . perhaps much later . . . 

Well first all of I have not been to EW. So I am unable to comment on that. But it seems like they sprang up as a Johnny come lately during the apex of the gun crisis. The market with shake itself out… I can understand about the not wanting to scratch the merchandise. But the clerk could have handled the situation in a different way.

Now saying this, I was not there. So I am only going by the story on TGO. But for the clerk to threaten to call the police. The customer in question had to do something serious or act in a threatening manner.

Sounds like a place I need to visit and see how I get treated…

• Like 1

Juvenile as in raising his voice in protest against being asked to use a cloth to keep from damaging something he didnt own. Especially in front of his daughter. He should set a good example for his child. If memory serves correctly, and at my age it has started to fail, he even made a remark to the tune of " both the guns are black" as if that should make a difference as to whether it was okay to have the guns touching together. I have been buying guns from E.W. for nearly a year now and have not been asked to leave the store. But, then again, I managed a class III gun store for several years, and tend to use proper gunstore etiquette.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Care to enlighten us a ill bit more? There were two other customers and the two counter guys, would you care to describe me, or yourself, or the two clerks to me. B/c I can describe everyone in the place at the time.

You know, it's their shop their rules. But it's the way it was handled that was rediculous.

There is only so much info one can discern from the internet. Holding it in you hand and making an actual physical comparison makes a big difference to me. The towel being thick and black would have made it impossible to tell where one gun started and one gun stoped. Or to be able to see which one has the longer more protruding trigger guard.

Now then I asked to see two pistols, compared them and asked to see a third to compare to one of the first two. If you heard everything can you tell me what those guns were?
  • Like 1
Guest Authenticman
*sigh*, counter to the left of the register. Probably a S&W. I remember people by their vehicles not their face, its easier for me. Tacoma. I have a business to run have a good day. I will be available after 6pm if someone wants to continue the name calling. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

*sigh*, counter to the left of the register. Probably a S&W. I remember people by their vehicles not their face, its easier for me. Tacoma. I have a business to run have a good day. I will be available after 6pm if someone wants to continue the name calling.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

But you heard it all go down........;)
Guest Authenticman
Its not hard to hear something that varies so far from the normal gunstore chatter. Thats the reason I didnt comment on the reaction of the guy behind the counter. I didn't see it. All I can comment on is what I see/ hear firsthand. :-) Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk