Remington Arms Recall on Model 700 and Seven with X-Mark Pro

runco

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I thought it might be more appropriate than starting a new one on the same topic.

I'm late to the party, but I recently found out about this recall and that my 700 is included in it.  I've never experienced the problem described in the recall, but what the heck, my rifle only got about 20 rounds through it before it quit extracting so I'll send it on in.  Remington says only the factory, not their authorized service centers, can work on mine since it's an Ultra Mag gun.  I'm not sure what that's all about, but I just want to get it in good working order and then probably trade or sell it off.  Weatherby certainly has some nice looking rifles...

Anyway, sorry to vent.  To my question...  Has anyone here actually sent their rifle back to Remington for this issue?  If so, have you received your gun back and how long did it take?

Thanks

Edited by TNID

To my question...  Has anyone here actually sent their rifle back to Remington for this issue?  If so, have you received your gun back and how long did it take?

Thanks

The only place I’ve found anyone that has actually sent theirs back was in a thread at Snipers Hide. One guy said his took three weeks and one was five weeks that was around May; may be longer now. I’m not spending $150 on a trigger I don’t need, so I will send mine in and see what happens.

A couple of guys said they got an email from Remington saying to expect 12 weeks; so who knows, since they don’t know how many rifles will come back it’s all guess work. I signed up on 8-4 and got the box on 8-11.

The only place I’ve found anyone that has actually sent theirs back was in a thread at Snipers Hide. One guy said his took three weeks and one was five weeks that was around May; may be longer now. I’m not spending $150 on a trigger I don’t need, so I will send mine in and see what happens.

A couple of guys said they got an email from Remington saying to expect 12 weeks; so who knows, since they don’t know how many rifles will come back it’s all guess work. I signed up on 8-4 and got the box on 8-11.

I sent mine in around the 10th of June, got the "we have it" email on the 25th of June and still waiting for an update.  I checked the website and all it says is that they have it.  I never had any issues with it, but I figured I would have it inspected none the same.  I planned on using my .270 for the first deer anyway this season so no big deal on the wait.  I just hope they don't make it worse by "fixing" it, I am not going to spend +100 on an after market trigger when the oem trigger allows for sub-moa performance. 

Thanks for the info. :up:  

I just spent 47 minutes on the phone with Remington and found out that my recall submission was not in their system at all, even though I received a confirmation email last night.  That's not good...

The rep said that employees, at least at his level, are being kept in the dark about the actual number of rifles covered under this recall.  He also said that a lot of customers are just opting to install a Timney trigger once they find out that you have to remove your scope before sending the rifle in.  My 700 just has the factory irons installed at the moment, so no problem there.  It looks like my box will be here in a few days and it's expected to take "at least 3 months" to get it squared away.

Edited by TNID
  • 1 month later...
How did you guys that sent yours back get your return shipping label? I expected it to be in the box they sent me, but it’s not. I don’t see anything attached to the email other than links to the website and a tracking number for the empty box.

How did you guys that sent yours back get your return shipping label? I expected it to be in the box they sent me, but it’s not. I don’t see anything attached to the email other than links to the website and a tracking number for the empty box.

They will email you the label.
  • 2 weeks later...

I sent mine in around the 10th of June, got the "we have it" email on the 25th of June and still waiting for an update.  I checked the website and all it says is that they have it.  I never had any issues with it, but I figured I would have it inspected none the same.  I planned on using my .270 for the first deer anyway this season so no big deal on the wait.  I just hope they don't make it worse by "fixing" it, I am not going to spend +100 on an after market trigger when the oem trigger allows for sub-moa performance. 

Update: Just received an email that mine was repaired, or most likely inspected, and will be shipped back soon.  So I may have my .308 for opening day if I so choose.  But only time will tell if they actually fixed something or made it worse.

Mine came back pretty much the exact same as I remember it

Mine arrived Friday, replaced the scope and dry fired a couple times with no perceivable difference. Will have to fire off a few to really make sure but I dont think there will be any issues.
  • 1 month later...

Mine's back too, after nearly 11 weeks.  It went in for the trigger recall and for failure to extract after having only fired about one box of ammo since new.  The repair ticket says they found the issues (trigger and extraction) and the gun was "returned to factory specifications."  I guess the factory specification didn't include a functioning rifle because it still won't extract from the chamber.  

Freaking ridiculous...  I guess I'll be back on the phone with them tomorrow.   :down:

My turn around was about a month give or take, that was back in the spring when the recall was first announced. I was very pleased with what they did for me on my 700 SPS. I had them inspect my weapon for failure to extract along with my recall. They replaced the magazine spring issue I also had but did not mention AND resolved my extraction issue and completed the recall, all free of charge. Shipping label was sent via email and they sent me a box to ship it back in. I was very happy with my interaction with them.

I just bought my son a new model Seven 7mm-08 that was affected by the recall. I ordered a Timney instead of sending it in. I wish Remington would design an accu-trigger style trigger. I have 3 accu-trigger Savages, would be wonderful if Remington could make as good a trigger.