New Sig P320

Picked up a new one today at Tennessee Gun Country in Clarksville.

Full/medium frame, SRT trigger and Sig night sights.

Put 8 17 round mags thru it with different type weight bullets.

No problems, feeds and shoots everything I had.

Came with 2 17 round mags and a poly holster.

I think Sig got it right with their first striker fired pistol.

Big gun and big fun.   :up:

Saw one yesterday at Franklin Gun Shop. THEY want too much for it; that aside, the trigger was really springy, but it was ok. It did not want to go into battery, though. I showed that to the salesman, and he tried to explain it away. I told him they should get that one looked at. Something's not right.

I liked it; but not $700 worth of like.

Mine has the SRT and is very good. Some are suppose to come with a standard trigger so there may be that.

I believe I paid $582 OTD for mine. Ordered two more mags from Top Gun Supply on Wednesday and received them today.

Also ordered a mag pouch and holster from Gunners Alley same day and received them today also.

Mag pouch for Sig 250 and holster for Sig 229R, they fit perfectly.

I am a happy camper today.  :up:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest johnson01

My P320, out of the box, was classic Sig.  It was dead on accurate and it had that quality feel that I love about a Sig.  I have several others and shoot a Sig Pro in IDPA competitions.  I started my new gun out by shooting a 100 round box of Winchester 9mm.  It just rolled right through those flawlessly.  The only issue was that after one and a half mags my trigger finger was hurting pretty bad.  This was new, I had never had my finger hurt from pulling a trigger.  Sucked that up and moved on to some reloads.  About every 7 or 8 rounds it would misfied.  The pin would strike the primer but just not hard enough to  activate the charge.  So I'm thinking, OK, needs a longer firing pin.  So now I have a gun that has a trigger issue and one that doesn't like reloads very much.  Sat, 5/24/14, I take it to the range to run it through the paces of an IDPA match.  I was going to shoot 2nd gun so I took my Sig Pro along for the next round.  Had several misfires early on but then it settled down and worked flawlessly.  I had put a bandaid over my finger so there was something between it and the trigger.  About the middle os the 4th stage I'm advancing along the course when I pull the trigger, the round fires, the bullet leaves the barrell and the slide is solidly locked back.  I have not been able to get the slide to release and will be calling Sig on 5/27 to get an RMA.  This is very disappointing as I very much looked forward to getting this gun.  A fellow competitor also purchased one a few days after mine arrived.  They have also had some issues with the slide.  Anyone else had any issues with the gun?   I'll post back after I hear from Sig.

Can't even believe I'm gonna say this... but...

... everybody wants to be... Glock... just go there and fuggedaboutit...

Gasp! Mikey...you said that?

I have a Glock but I prefer a Sig. Why settle? :)

Preferences aside...it's not "settling" in buying a glock.
  • Like 1
Guest johnson01

In this one case that would be true.  I'm not overly concerned about it because I know that there is nothing manufactured, by anyone, that hasn't been less than perfect from the factory at one point or another.  It is disappointing that I have had problems with this particular gun.....but it is a first.  My other Sigs are exactly what you would expect them to be. 

The trigger on mine is much better than any stock Glock. I don't do aftermarket triggers so can not compare to them.

Mine also came with Sig night sights which usually costs quite a bit more for Glocks.

If you like Glocks you may not like this handgun. I think is very well done especially for their first striker fired.

I do believe it would have been better if they had got the carry/compact model out first.

I can get a Glock with night sights installed at Tennessee Gun Country with Glock military discount and I do have a Glock like that but the Sig SRT trigger is very nice compared to the Glocks, almost like their hammer fired models. 

Guest johnson01

When it was working it was one of the best pistols I have ever handled.  It was solid, those sights come quickly and solidly in focus when you are tracking your target and when you pull that SRT.....it goes bang really well.  I'm looking forward to getting mine back from Sig and running it through IDPA and USPSA matches.  There isn't much down time for any of my guns.  I don't have a lot of guns but the ones i do have I put through the paces.  At my local range we can use .22lr's on US Steel Challenge matches and I normally shoot 2nd gun on that one too.

I find it rather paradoxical that a company with SIG's history and success finds it necessary to enter the realm of the Glock...

... while Glock feels zero compulsion to create a DA/SA, hammer fired gun.

Guess we know who the real champ is.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got done listening to Hickok45 review, very nice.  I also see one on GB for ~$550 free delivery, and Buds has them for about the same with free delivery.  I am tempted, but I may wait until the 357Sig version is released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyBfrf7iitA&list=UUvB3solmhqtgDeLpD-yTtfg

• Like 1

Buy a Glock and spend the $200 you saved from not buying the SIG, and buy ammunition.  Seems to be a no brainer to me.  I'm sure it's a nice pistol, but no way it's better than a Glock at that price.

Buy a Glock and spend the $200 you saved from not buying the SIG, and buy ammunition.  Seems to be a no brainer to me.  I'm sure it's a nice pistol, but no way it's better than a Glock at that price.

What if I own 7+ Glocks, okay to buy this Sig?

I must admit, I am intrigued by all I've heard and read here. Plus, Hickcock45's video and comments really make me think about looking at one. I do favor striker fired pistols, and without that chunkydecocking lever, it looks pretty good.

Barrel sure looked like a glock type when removed, but I guess the similarity is just because of the form of most of the newer guns is so similar. And the mags sure look like the M&P mags to me.

All in all, I'm impressed with it.  :stunned:  :hiding:

Just got done listening to Hickok45 review, very nice.  I also see one on GB for ~$550 free delivery, and Buds has them for about the same with free delivery.  I am tempted, but I may wait until the 357Sig version is released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyBfrf7iitA&list=UUvB3solmhqtgDeLpD-yTtfg

Pretty good review.