Chicago mayor pushes plan requiring all gun sales to be videotaped

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

This kind of stuff goes far beyond stupid to total and complete IGNORANCE!!!!!  Is he never going to understand that it is not the honest folks that buy their guns from Reputable Licensed Gun Stores that does background checks that is causing the issue. Since the city of Chicago in suppose to be full of thousands upon thousands of cameras how about looking at all the film footage they already have and maybe, JUST MAYBE they might see a few gun sales going on in alleys out of car trunks or on street corners and catch the guys that are not doing the back ground checks and just maybe arrest them. I guess that would require some type of intelligence which may be asking way more than the guy is capable of...............jmho 

The city approved an ordnance that says you can not open a Gun store within 500 feet of a park or school.

Something like 99% of the place is within 500 feet, so no gun stores.

how many ways can this guy prove how dumb he is? :shake:

I believe the number is infinite.

This kind of stuff goes far beyond stupid to total and complete IGNORANCE!!!!!  Is he never going to understand that it is not the honest folks that buy their guns from Reputable Licensed Gun Stores that does background checks that is causing the issue. Since the city of Chicago in suppose to be full of thousands upon thousands of cameras how about looking at all the film footage they already have and maybe, JUST MAYBE they might see a few gun sales going on in alleys out of car trunks or on street corners and catch the guys that are not doing the back ground checks and just maybe arrest them. I guess that would require some type of intelligence which may be asking way more than the guy is capable of...............jmho 

Arresting criminals is too easy. That doesn't get the headlines that screwing with the  law abiding citizen does.

how many ways can this guy prove how dumb he is? :shake:

He has a full panel of idiots with him.

What do you do when you don’t have the education or skills to make the wage your friends or family make? Why you ask the government to step in of course.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/clout/chi-group-calls-for-15anhour-minimum-wage-in-chicago-20140528,0,5951445.story

Speaking at a City Hall news conference prior to a council meeting, fast food worker Tanika Smith said she can't make ends meet on her pay of $8.75 per hour. "My car note is $500 a month, my rent is about $500, food is going up, lights are going up," she said.

Really? And let me guess.... its a lease.

Edited by DaveTN
[quote name="RED333" post="1152968" timestamp="1401315969"]The city approved an ordnance that says you can not open a Gun store within 500 feet of a park or school. Something like 99% of the place is within 500 feet, so no gun stores.[/quote] Can you say "infringe" ? I knew that you could The courts will toss it but it all takes time

Can you say "infringe" ? I knew that you could The courts will toss it but it all takes time

The Illinois Supreme Court is in line with the 7th Federal District. It shouldn’t take any longer than it takes to get the case to them. Illinois is positioned to become a Constitutional carry state in spite of Chicago. That’s a hard battle though; nearly half the state’s population is in those three counties of “Chicagoland”
http://www.nraila.org/legal/articles/2013/9/illinois-supreme-court-declares-states-ban-on-carrying-firearms-unconstitutional.aspx

I just read another article and it said there will be no gun stores in 99.5% of Chicago It said as long as he does not stop it 100% it is legal. So that means he will pick and choose where he allows the gun shops to set up business in the .5 %  or area left. He will probably put all of them in the Ghetto's where Gang Bangers can control them. Someone also made a post that sooner or later the mayor is going to end up dead in his home by a bad guy with an illegal gun. That shows you how much some folks know up there. The guy lives in the Mayors mansion on the upper east side surrounded by big tall brick walls and walking armed patrols with dogs and fence of top of wall is electrified. It would take a Seal or Ranger to get at him in his sleep. Doubtful he will get killed in a home invasion.............jmho

The Illinois Supreme Court is in line with the 7th Federal District. It shouldn’t take any longer than it takes to get the case to them. Illinois is positioned to become a Constitutional carry state in spite of Chicago. That’s a hard battle though; nearly half the state’s population is in those three counties of “Chicagoland”
http://www.nraila.org/legal/articles/2013/9/illinois-supreme-court-declares-states-ban-on-carrying-firearms-unconstitutional.aspx

What 3 counties are you referring to Dave as far as Chicagoland is?

Cook, Lake, and Dupage

Ok, I didn't know that Cook County took over Dupage and Lake Counties. I do know they have not taken over Will County and it borders Cook in Southwestern section. I have a few life long friends that are located in Will County which is the county that borders Cook county directly South west of the city and they have all applied for their carry permits and I think one of them already got his.  I talk with one of them quite often and he said they were planning on Chicago fight the gun store issue and about 30 people he knows of has either applied for or received FFL licenses and are making plans to open up Gun stores all along the county lines like they do beer stores around dry counties down here in the south. The Will County Mayor up there is Pro 2nd Amendment 110% and looking forward to sticking it to the Mayor of Chicago............... :up: