Where do you buy your reloading supplies?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you buy it off the internet, you will be stuck with a hefty fee. It is best to buy it at a local shop; I use sportsman's warehouse, there should be one of those in nashville somewhere, and a couple of local shops, which I am sure you also have. How is to buy in bulk, as much as you can afford. Research your loads for all your calibers so you can select a powder or three that work for everything. Primers are just going to be the size you need ... though you can mix and match them if careful, its best to just use what goes with the caliber. For example, you can use magnum primers in standard rounds, if you use a little less powder it will even out. I have crafted decent plinker loads for several of my rifle calibers with 2230 powder, for example, its not the best for all those calibers but its good enough for light target loads in them. If I used the best powder for each one, I would have to buy at least 3 different powders in smaller containers, so my costs would be more. Its a tradeoff between costs and bulk savings. Handguns are more forgiving, one powder will work in most of the midrange calibers and only the really small calibers or big magnums require something different.

Guest the_accuser

I buy all my powder and primers from the Reloaders Bench in Mt. Juliet. They have good selection of powders and their prices are fair compared to some other places in town.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nicemac
In Chattanooga for work need some primers and powder for this weekend. Can you buy local at Natchez?

Do I understand correctly that they won't sell to TN residents at all?

What other online shops besides midwayusa.com sell bullets at pretty cheap prices. I've been wanting to find some 155gr or 150gr JHP rounds to load.

Berry's Mfg is awesome. Best customer service ever! Love those guys.

• 4 months later...
Guest odfanatic

I recently ordered some 200 grain round nose lead bullets to load .44 Special from Missouri Bullet Company online. Their prices appear reasonable to me, and the military discount compensates for the shipping costs.

If you have a military email account they will extend a 7.5% discount to you. Email them from your military domain and they will send you their discount code.

That said, I recognize a need to patronize local TN guns and ammo retailers as much as possible. The Reloader's Bench and Outpost Armory have been significant resources for me thus far.

Edited by odfanatic
  • 1 month later...

Sportsman's is a good place, and the guy who runs the reloading section is very, very helpful and knowledgeable. Gun shows usually have a reloading vendor or 2, and those OFTEN sell their own reloads for very cheap. There is a neat shop in fort oglethorpe GA, not far from chattanooga if you dislike sportsman's. Several local gun shops have a small selection of random items, a couple of types of a couple of powder brands in the small bottles sorts of things, maybe a few sets of dies, a brand or 2 of primers. Most local shops only stock the things that sell easily, rather than a full selection. I think they can only have so much on hand before needing special storage (??).

You can buy bullets online, and that is your best option for them. Powder and primers have a fee to be shipped and are not worth it online.

Guest canebreaker

( Powder and primers have a fee to be shipped and are not worth it online.) quote.

According on how you buy it. Get a group buy in your area. Split the hazmat and shipping cost. I bought a can of AA#2 and 2 sleeves of primers, my savings was $42. over what it would have cost here locally.

I used to trade with the reloaders bench extensively, then I met David...DLM37015. You're not going to beat his price. I don't care where you go or what you buy. For components, he is the man. ESPECIALLY if you load for military calibers. A jug of surplus powder and some ss109's.....you JUST can't beat it. .....and he's a cool guy to boot.

Guest canebreaker

I look over what sportsmans warehouse has. It's a good price, if I had to buy it. But usually buy in bulk online.

The last 2 shows I've been to didn't have any reloading supplies. I missed out on a good deal after my son left a show. He had the cash and I was offered a carton of sm primers for $15.00. At the last show, I did but some 22 cb longs cheaper than what walmart has shorts for.