Aug 3 Knoxville Suarez Training Group!!!

I just received confirmation from Steve B.

Brad won't be able to attend... Out of town...wife's the boss... :cool:

ETA... Nathan W. and Timothy M. emailed and confirmed.

I see Neil confirmed above. It's looking to be a good turnout. :pleased:

ETA  Add Jericho to the list as well.

Edited by prag

ANNOUNCEMENT:

One other piece of gear to bring is a 3 pack of large WHITE t-shirts. You can get them at Walmart for a few dollars or at a thrift shop for a few cents.

I will be using Tac Man realistic plastic human shaped targets and in order to know from one shooter to the next where the particular shooter was hitting we will change t shirts out when they get too shot up. Three t shirts per person should be enough. WHITE is the color you need.  

Stay tuned for more updates. 

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke
  • Like 1

ANNOUNCEMENT:

One other piece of gear to bring is a 3 pack of large WHITE t-shirts. You can get them at Walmart for a few dollars or at a thrift shop for a few cents.

I will be using Tac Man realistic plastic human shaped targets and in order to know from one shooter to the next where the particular shooter was hitting we will change t shirts out when they get too shot up. Three t shirts per person should be enough. WHITE is the color you need.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Crew or v - neck? Kidding of course. The Tac Man targets sound uber cool.

Prag, I assume you'll be bringing your steels?

I want to reiterate hydration, head cover, camp chair and the more pop up shelters the better. It will be a BLAZER out there and we don't want anyone to fall out due to the heat.

Don't forget your mag loader and carriers/pouches. Bring an extra handgun or three in case your primary goes down (happened to me) or if you want to practice with alternative platforms.

If you reload feel free to scavenge brass.

I hadn't considered the steel, but I'll certainly toss the poppers in the back of my truck....

Looking forward to this GTG. :up:

HE-MAN!!!

I got a beach umbrella and rigged up a mount for the cart. Your more than welcome to stand under it.    

At to water/hydration.......remember you can put water in a milk/tea jug you've washed out. I got a couple jugs of Mayfeilds "drinking water" (Athen's tap) for a buck at the Dollar Store. It's the better jugs like they use for milk and tea.

Based on the responses we have

Prag +4
Spiffy
Brasilnuts
Chances R +2
Roar-k +2
Ghost dog +2
Brad1758
jaxjohn419 +2
Neiliam
Slpoed

22 plus me.

Randy what do you need at this point for planning and preparing?

Jliew08 is planning on the Chattanooga class

A parking valet.....do you know anyone who wants to help direct traffic or park cars? Just kidding.

I'm going to try to get there early to get everything set up and get my car parked up near the range. That way we can line everyone else up wherever we can find a spot. I hope some of these +1s and +2s are car pooling so YOU do not have a headache trying to manage parking for 22 vehicles. 

I have target stands, sticks, backers, tac man targets, paper targets, staples, screws, cordless drill, etc....if you could swing an extra stapler that would be great. Prag may bring one and I think he's bringing metal targets too....

If you could handle some tables and portable shade that would about cover it. Maybe a pre class range mow , and a cooler with ice? 

I can be there by 0800 if that'll be of any help....certainly earlier if need be. Heck...I'll be up anyway. :cool:

I will bring my 3 poppers and 2 steel plates, my 2 tac man targets..and a stapler. Do you need any pre-cut 2x4's?

I believe Brad and Neil will be bringing some portable shade as well.

I know it's already been mentioned...but bring a folding chair folks...you'll be glad you did by day's end.

This really chaps my butt, I have to drop out.  I have to be back in Alabama by 5 pm for my daughters confirmation commencement stuff at church.  I didn't know they were going to make a big deal out of the beginning of it, it's usually only when the Bishop comes at confirmation.  Just found out yesterday and I just can't make it work - I knew I should have made my wife be her sponsor.

In an earlier post I saw a Chattanooga class mentioned but looked on the site and couldn't find it - only Dayton.  Any other info?

***Edit -found it on Cruel Hand Luke's content. 

Edited by Slpeod

REMINDER!!!!!

THIS EVENT IS THIS SUNDAY!!!! THAT IS AUGUST 3RD!

THAT IS 4 DAYS FROM NOW. THE DAY AFTER SATURDAY AND THE DAY BEFORE MONDAY. 

REMEMBER TO BRING AMMO, HYDRATION, A CAMP CHAIR IF YOU WANT SOMEWHERE TO SIT OTHER THAN THE GROUND, AND WHITE T SHIRTS FOR THE TAC MAN TARGETS. 

BRING $80 IN CASH OR CHECK (CASH IS ALWAYS PREFERABLE) 

BRING AN OPEN MIND, AND A WILLINGNESS TO LEARN AND GET READY FOR A FUN AND EDUCATIONAL DAY!

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke