Boker Kalashnikov Automatic - Bought Two!

Just bought two more auto's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSV4NRCg-pg

Boker Kalashnikov Automatic Knife Limited Edition (3.25" Black Plain) 01KALS75

post-1-0-06761200-1402520586.jpg

Boker Kalashnikov Automatic Knife Limited Edition (3.25" Black Plain) 01KALS75 - Blade HQ

Boker Kalashnikov Automatic Knife Black (3.25" Bead Blast Plain) KALS74

post-1-0-32079500-1402563814.jpg

Boker Kalashnikov Automatic Knife Black (3.25" Bead Blast Plain) KALS74 - Blade HQ

One for my Dad for fathers day and one for myself. It'll be here by tomorrow, so feedback to come! :up:

I realize every manufacturer has issues from time to time with their products, but after my experience with them last year; I will not deal with them again.

And I'm not bashing the company or the product, just relating my experience with them and their customer service line.

I purchased 2 of their Kalashnikov Autos from a dealer early last year and paid what the above link mentions, 35 each.

After I month, one of the knives literally fell apart. I called Boker's customer service and was told that the auto knives were not covered under their warranty. Just that. No ifs, ands, nor buts.

Not covered. Period.

No mention of this from the dealer. Nothing about it in the packaging. In fact the dealer even mentioned the warranty in his pitch.

For me, Boker does not exist.

Just my own experience with them.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 2
Hipower nailed it!

Honestly when it comes to automatic knives you get what you pay for. I have own around 10 Boker knives in my life and every one failed, broken springs and parts within weeks of use, after trying with no success to get them to warrant their products I simply decided I will never own one again,

I truly hope your experience is different Edited by willis68

If you guys had spring issues, BladeHQ sales replacement springs if I recall correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Were this an older product, I would agree with you. But with such a new item, the customer, myself, shouldn't have to be doing immediate repairs.

If was difficult to believe that a quality auto knife could be available at the price these are selling for.  I will not own a knife, gun or car that i can not trust to be reliable.

I'm of mixed feelings here. Higher price does not always equate with quality.  The second Boker is still functioning, so there is a possibility of some quality there. But after the CS response, and my own experience with the knife, I can't say that I trust it for anything other than a letter opener at home.

I think I see what you guys are saying.

The $35 Boker has issues. A lot of creep in opening. The $25 Boker is better, but still not smooth.

Not pleased. I guess It'll make a good general purpose knife that I won't worry about abusing.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z4KlpWLaS0 Edited by JohnC
The sad thing is that it's a very good looking knife. I really, really like the looks of it. And of course, the Tanto blade version is the one that self-destructed on me. That's the one I really got into them for.

And I'm still not saying that all Boker knives are crappy. I do think they manufacture a very good inexpensive folder.

Just unhappy with the CS/warranty issues.

How do you like the Triage? I am interested in one, but I can't decide if the $100 premium for the auto version is worth it.

I love it. :up:

I would buy the auto for many reason. But the main one is the auto-seatbelt cutter; it actually locks when deployed where the old non-auto doesn't lock according to the BladeHQ video.