Cabela's Coming To Bellevue ???

This would be a good thing...... :D

http://www.wsmv.com/money/13226581/detail.html

Cabela's Outdoors Store Coming To Bellevue

Mall Owners Have Been Looking For Anchor Store

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Bellevue Mall is in need of something to draw shoppers, and there could be help on the way.

video.gifVideo: Cabelas Outdoors Store Coming To Bellevue Mall

Cabela's is a sports and outdoors store that could be put in the place where the Dillard’s department store now resides.

Cabela's stores are unique and are designed to keep shoppers in the store.

The stores have become a destination in some cities and the owners of Bellevue Mall have been looking for a new anchor store for months.

Metro Councilman Charlie Tygard, who represents Bellevue, confirmed to Channel 4 News Monday afternoon that Cabela’s will be the new anchor store.

"I think the Bellevue community would roll out the red carpet,†said Tygard in a statement.

However, representatives for the mall are being more secretive.

"We cannot confirm or deny whether the property is under contract nor discuss prospective new tenants. … We are totally committed to the redevelopment of the mall,†said James M. Weaver, attorney for the owner of Bellevue Center.

Cabela's caters to people who enjoy the outdoors with a number of attractions inside the store such as a wild animal exhibit and an archery range.

There is no word yet on when Cabela's could open.

Guest macho999

Some woman told me they were coming to Norris. I said no way, Fox Toyota is expanding in that spot but she wouldn't have it. I guess maybe now she thinks they'll build them on top of each other.

I'm in the Bellevue area too. It's a nice mall that has been going into the dumper.

I hope this deal gets done. I think it will save that mall.

Honestly, I don't buy much at Bass Pro Shop except clothes and that's a pretty long drive. I just wish someone would open a range out this way.

• Like 1
I was mainly going by their ammo prices.

$109 for 500 rounds of wolf .223 where places like Wideners sells it for just over $80.

Wolf Black Box 55gr FMJ 20 round box - 500 rounds, online order.

Wideners: $3.60 per box

Cheaper Than Dirt - $4.72 per box

Cabelas - $4.30 per box after subtracting "free" ammo can.

MidwayUSA - $3.99 per box

Widener's has some kind of crazy deal to purchase direct from Wolf I think, because they're the cheapest I've ever seen for the stuff.

• Administrator
I was mainly going by their ammo prices.

$109 for 500 rounds of wolf .223 where places like Wideners sells it for just over $80.

Are you shooting Wolf through your AR? I've always heard that their steel casings are hard on the extractor and their primer lacquer gums up the bolt carrier group.

Are you shooting Wolf through your AR? I've always heard that their steel casings are hard on the extractor and their primer lacquer gums up the bolt carrier group.

The steel casings are hard on the AR-15's extractor. The gumming happens if you shoot a lot and don't clean the bolt face up after each session. I've got a few hundred rounds of Wolf lying around that I'll shoot up eventually, or save for SHTF scenarios. Otherwise, I'm getting some brass cased stuff from Wideners when they get it in. 200 round battle-packs of 2007 production surplus M193 for $55 in brass cases is something I can live with, even if it is imported.

Until I had to start cleaning my AR-15 more I never believed the saying about leaving steel cased ammo for the ComBloc weapons... Now I do. When I get an AK-47, it will have a mountain of cheap Wolf ammo to digest, my AR is getting the pricier brass cased stuff from now on.

Yea. I have accepted the fact that if my extractor wears prematurely, I will replace it. they are inexpensive and it's cheaper than buying brass ammo..

I clean it every time I shoot it, too (disassemble and clean the bolt and use a chamber brush) so the red primer sealer isn't a big concern.

Yea. I have accepted the fact that if my extractor wears prematurely, I will replace it. they are inexpensive and it's cheaper than buying brass ammo..

I clean it every time I shoot it, too (disassemble and clean the bolt and use a chamber brush) so the red primer sealer isn't a big concern.

Wolf steel case ammo isn't that accurate either, which is the other reason I use brass case now. 2-3" tighter grouping isn't a big deal to me on paper, but when you're trying to get one shot kills on ground hogs or moving coyotes at 100-300 yards with a 16" barrel... I'll take every bit of edge I can get.

Well I never said I shoot Wolf exclusively. I also have a good stock of Remington UMC .223 ammo that I use if I want to do more precision shooting. I also sighted in the rifle with UMC. Not that it is the MOST accurate .223 ammo, but it's affordable brass ammo, and pretty damn accurate.

Let's face it.. when one buys a couple thousand rounds of Wolf ammo, they aren't planning on shooting a couple thousand coyotes :D I use Wolf for plinking, and that's it. Besides, I have found Wolf accurate enough to hit what I want to hit, even at a few hundred yards. If I need more accuracy, I'll change to a magazine of something better.

Well I never said I shoot Wolf exclusively. I also have a good stock of Remington UMC .223 ammo that I use if I want to do more precision shooting. I also sighted in the rifle with UMC. Not that it is the MOST accurate .223 ammo, but it's affordable brass ammo, and pretty damn accurate.

Let's face it.. when one buys a couple thousand rounds of Wolf ammo, they aren't planning on shooting a couple thousand coyotes :D I use Wolf for plinking, and that's it. Besides, I have found Wolf accurate enough to hit what I want to hit, even at a few hundred yards. If I need more accuracy, I'll change to a magazine of something better.

No... but you might use it to shoot a couple thousand zombies. :cool:

• 7 years later...

An extractor is 14 bucks. The real problem is that the bimetal (steel) jacket on the bullet significantly shortens barrel life. I have a ton of Wolf, and saved hundreds on the purchase. I won't buy any more of it, since I reload 5.56 now.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1