New piece

jacob

I'm pretty sure you'll like it. I've owned several Sig 1911s and found them to be just about my favorite 1911. At least for stock, out of the box guns.

At any rate, good looking addition to your firearms family.

BTW, I currently have a Tacops and a Nightmare in the stable.

• Like 1
It was sprinkling yesterday but the light outside was better than indoors even so. And the only firearms I own that are safe queens belonged to my dad before he passed, mine are used generously. I took it to the range today. I am used to shooting Glocks with XS big dots so it took a few minutes to get used to holding the pistol and getting consistent shots. Only went out to about 7 yds but could still keep a fairly tight group. The flat trigger was a little different also. This pistol will definitely be staying in my range pack...

It was sprinkling yesterday but the light outside was better than indoors even so. And the only firearms I own that are safe queens belonged to my dad before he passed, mine are used generously.

I took it to the range today. I am used to shooting Glocks with XS big dots so it took a few minutes to get used to holding the pistol and getting consistent shots. Only went out to about 7 yds but could still keep a fairly tight group. The flat trigger was a little different also. This pistol will definitely be staying in my range pack...

I am sorry your dad has passed.

I have a .22 of my dad's' and a 12ga. side by side from my great GF in smokeless steel that are priceless. I protect them in my safe. My father has plenty of guns but does not want me to take them from him just yet. I was just making fun. Enjoy what you have , and as you do , protect what you can. My parents are both in their late 80's and live up the street from me. I am happy that I can drive by their house and not have to stop , but I do get the daily call to hit the Kroger. I am blessed.
  • Like 1

Thanks, it has been a few years so time is making things a little easier as it always does.  I have a some revolvers and a couple of rifles and a muzzle loader that belonged to him.  One of the revolvers gets shot, but the others pretty much stay in the safe and get a light coat of lube once a year.  My dad lived with my family for 10 years before he passed so he got to see a great deal of my kids growing up an was able to be a part of our daily lives, which is what he wanted...

Thanks, it has been a few years so time is making things a little easier as it always does. I have a some revolvers and a couple of rifles and a muzzle loader that belonged to him. One of the revolvers gets shot, but the others pretty much stay in the safe and get a light coat of lube once a year. My dad lived with my family for 10 years before he passed so he got to see a great deal of my kids growing up an was able to be a part of our daily lives, which is what he wanted...

That , my friend is priceless. Now , quit drooling all over the pistols ! Turn on the Tennessee game and quit listening to my babble , it's all good. Edited by Fourtyfive
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I've been considering one of these as my next 1911.

What do you think about the flat trigger? I've never shot anything with such a trigger.

It is taking some getting used to since I am used to a curved trigger. The gun itself is very nice and I think you would be happy with one if you were to buy.
  • Administrator

This thread revived a desire I have had, off and on, for a while to pick up one of the Sig TacOps Traditional full-size 1911s.  I may have to put that on my Christmas list and ask Mrs. Santa to either give me the OK or go pick one up for me herself.  :)