Trying to decide on a 10MM

Guest JLowe

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was going to buy one today it would be the Dan Wesson Classic Bobtail. They fit my hand so well. And they come with night sites. They are just a sweet gun. As for the new Delta Elites I played with them at the SHOT Show in Feb and they were going to "ship soon", now we are half way through October and they are still going to "ship soon" this is par for the course for Colt, there is no telling when or if they will hit the publics hands. They are nice guns though.

-Jason G

Guest Verbal Kint
bad bad.

Okay, gotcha. :D

I'm not really a fan of it either, other than it simply being the "original 10mm". I'd much prefer a 1911 variant, which is why I'm really leaning towards picking up one of the new Delta Elites when Colt releases them... bull barrel or not. :)

You can actually find NIB Delta Elites on gunbroker, with decent prices, sometimes. Actually toyed with that idea, but I'm putting faith in Colt that they improved the design with this new Generation. We'll see.

• Administrator
AWESOME R1100R!!! Congrats! Those are freakin' sweet. I played with both of the DW CBob 10s in their case Saturday, so I've already seen your gun in person!

Dude... uncool. Telling a man you fondled his new firearm before he bought it is like saying you slept with his wife before he started dating her. :)

:D

Guest bkelm18
Dude... uncool. Telling a man you fondled his new firearm before he bought it is like saying you slept with his wife before he started dating her. :)

Man law?.... Man law. :D

Guest Abominable_Hillbilly

Don't forget the Witness chambered in 10mm. Very sweet pistol.

Anyone considering a G20 should handle it first. The grip is FAT. Felt very odd for the first few hundred rounds. That said, the G20 is, for me, the only 10mm available that will reliably stand up to repeated abuse with full-house loads.

I don't have anything against Glocks, like I said, I have several. I just want something different. As for a Bren Ten, Hllls NO, if you can find one its a POS anyways. Colts are Colts, meaning you have to take one out of a box, then take it to a good gunsmith and have them make it right. I think I will take a look at the Dan Wesson, as CZ has always produced well made firearms. Thanks for the input guys.

Posted by tungsten: Dude... uncool. Telling a man you fondled his new firearm before he bought it is like saying you slept with his wife before he started dating her

Maybe I did! :eek::stare::dropjaw::pleased:

Just kiddin'! :taunt: ...... maybe!

Make sure you take the children with you too!!!!:P:)

Edited by R1100R
I wouldn't go so far as saying it feels like a .22 but I think the polymer eats up a good amount of the recoil.

Depends on the .22.I like the Ruger MKII .22/45 with the skinny fixed sight 4 in tube.That version actually has muzzle flip for more realistic practice.

As far as the new Bren Ten goes I will believe it when I see it.Twice before it has been "revived" but never made it to dealer shelves.If CZ would chamber the 97 in 10mm you would just about have a Bren Ten as the design is based on a CZ.

Edited by et45
I have been wanting a 10mm handgun for some reason lately and can't decide on what to buy. I don't want a Glock, got to many, so that leaves a older S&W, Colt Delta, or one of those EAA's. I don't really like the S&W auto's. I would really like to know about the EAA's. I've never shot or handled one and would like to know what they shoot like and how reliable they are. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I can only comment on my personal experience with a 10mm S&W. I hated the thing. Tearing it down for routine after range cleaning was a nightmare. I prefer something that I don't have to fight and wrestle with to break down.

I own a Glock 30 now, and love how easy it is to break down. I always ask to break down a firearm before considering buying it.

I am the proud owner of a Colt Delta Elite. It was discovered hiding on the bottom shelf of a display case in a local pawn shop and it had some blueing issues on the right side of the slide. Otherwise, it was original and came with one Colt magazine and one Chip McCormick mag. I couldn't pass up the offer of $460 out the door. This was about three years ago.

This is, of course, a basic government model but, it does have the three dot sights. After choking on a $21.00 box of Remington ammo, I obtained 500+ rounds of once fired brass, bullets and dies. Plus, I scored 2 extra Colt mags off of flea bay and a client gave me a stainless Delta mag he had in a box in his shop.

I have owned and carried a Glock and have shot most all of the available Glocks in all calibers except 10mm. So, I cannot compare the two handguns. I can say that I own 6 1911 pistols, 5 Colt and one Remington Rand. Of all of these, I enjoy shooting the 10mm and a Colt "C" prefix model that has been accurized the most. The "C" prefix is a government model, produced in 1947 and is a .45 acp.

My Delta is extremely accurate for an unaltered G.M. and at 10 to 15 yards will deliver 3" or less size groups if I do my part. The 10mm is, in my opinion, one serious kick a** round. I have absolute faith and confidence in this pistol, as I do all of my 1911's. So much so, that the Delta Elite is my primary home defense handgun.

I saw a new dealer price list the other day from one of the major distributors that included the new Delta Elite. Their dealer price was $795.00. Maybe you have a dealer who will order and sell one to you at a reasonable price. I would recommend the use of a recoil buffer in the 1911 pistol for this caliber. It is an awesome weapon!

Guest logansdad

Get the EAA Witness. I have the compact Wonderfinish model in 10mmand it is, by far and away, the best 10mm I've ever owned. My first was a Glock 20 and the next was a Delta Elite.

The Witness has a lot going for it the others don't. Grip ergonomics are excellent, being based on the CZ design (think CZ-75). Also, you can easily convert the gun to various calibers by simply replacing the top end and magazine with kits that are radily available from EAA. I have a .38Super conversion for my 10mm that runs like a champ. Other caliber conversion options include .45ACP, .40S&W, 9mm, and .22LR.

Finally, the Witness is the best value financially. What's not to love about this pistol? Get the Witness and use the savings to buy practice ammo. 10mm ain't cheap!!

Get the EAA Witness. I have the compact Wonderfinish model in 10mmand it is, by far and away, the best 10mm I've ever owned. My first was a Glock 20 and the next was a Delta Elite.

The Witness has a lot going for it the others don't. Grip ergonomics are excellent, being based on the CZ design (think CZ-75). Also, you can easily convert the gun to various calibers by simply replacing the top end and magazine with kits that are radily available from EAA. I have a .38Super conversion for my 10mm that runs like a champ. Other caliber conversion options include .45ACP, .40S&W, 9mm, and .22LR.

Finally, the Witness is the best value financially. What's not to love about this pistol? Get the Witness and use the savings to buy practice ammo. 10mm ain't cheap!!

I finally got to fondle a EAA the other day and I really liked the grip and overall feel of the gun. I still haven't made up my mind, but I really appreciate all of ya'lls input.

• 4 weeks later...