New Sig 10 mm coming!

TNAR

FBI also says 9mm is as good as 40 or 45. They have no credibility anymore.

Did you even bother to read the report?

·         9mm Luger now offers select projectiles which are, under identical testing conditions, outperforming most of the premium line .40 S&W and .45 Auto projectiles tested by the FBI

·         There is little to no noticeable difference in the wound tracks between premium line law Auto enforcement projectiles from 9mm Luger through the .45 Auto

Yes I read the report. I dont agree with them.

Back to the 10mm...

Pretty much what I think too. If I had never worked in law enforcement and been around FBI Agents I would probably care more about what the FBI has and carries. Nothing against their agents but they will often be the first to tell you that they are not known as precision shooters because they do not have to be. They are good at what they do which is intelligience and fact finding. They are attorneys and accountants that play cops occasionally.

From what I hear 10mm sales have been tremendous in the last year. It really appears as if the round is finally getting the recognition it has deserved. Edited by Patton

Yes I read the report. I dont agree with them.

Back to the 10mm...

Is that based on your own independent ballistic tests, or just because, nuh uh? ;)

The FBI aren't the first to conclude this, by the way. At least that the 9mm is at least extremely close in performance. 

• Like 1
Bigger bullets or high velocity perform better. Period.

It has been known forever that 2 calibers stand tall against the others in effectiveness. .45acp and .357mag

If you want to compare a .45fmj vs. a 9mm jhp, yeah it's probably pretty close, but If you put say a Speer Gold Dot in both of them, the .45 will win every time.

If you want to say that a 9mm will probably get the job done and its easier to shoot fast and comes in a smaller package for a certain round count. Ill agree with that, but you will never make me believe that bigger isnt better, given the same bullet. .45acp is better, period. Whether or not it's advantages outweigh its disadvantages depends on the task at hand.

Im plenty proficient with my .45 to feel comfortable with it over a 9mm
It may work for them, just not for me.

A good analogy IMO, is that you may get similar results by having a turbo v6, which is smaller and lighter and possibly more fuel efficient than a v8 but its never going to be as powerful or more powerful than a comparable v8.

9mm has its place, just not in my holster. Edited by nightrunner

It may work for them, just not for me.

A good analogy IMO, is that you may get similar results by having a turbo v6, which is smaller and lighter and possibly more fuel efficient than a v8 but its never going to be as powerful or more powerful than a comparable v8.

9mm has its place, just not in my holster.

I'm sorry but that's a bad analogy. There are turbocharged 4 cylinders that will smoke many V8 vehicles. My bud had a Lancer Evolution that would absolutely haul ass.Smoked many a V8 stangs and others. 

Tests have shown that 9mm ammunition has increased so much in the last decade that they are now matching ballistic testing of bigger calibers. That is a fact.

Tests have shown that 9mm ammunition has increased so much in the last decade that they are now matching ballistic testing of bigger calibers. That is a fact.

Why would the same technology not apply to other calibers?

I love how people just refuse to believe that the FBI may know what they are talking about. It's humorous to watch.

Ok, that is humorous to me; obviously you have never worked for the Federal Government. I could write a series of novels on the stupid ideas I have been told working as a Fed. Edited by Patton