A lot of overtime headed my way.

Wyldk2

Soon, very soon....

This past weekend i went to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge with my fiancee and our 6 yr old. ( My birthday was monday). And as an early B-day present she got me a LCD bacpak for my Go-pro.

We went to cades cove, went to Dollywood and the Nascar speedpark. Had a great time. (Also went to SMKW, Coleman outlet and Basspro).

This weekend it'll be just me and the Fiancee ( riding at Windrock). Her B-day is Friday( I already got her gift(s)together.

But after this weekend, I'm afraid our family/couple trips will be nil until the holidays.

Was told to expect 6 day weeks and maybe 7 day weeks. 10 hour days I'm thinking.

It may be hard on your family life, but enjoy the vastly enhanced pay while you can. Save every drop you can and don't get used to it, as eventually it will dry up. Six or seven-day weeks would be very rough.

Just finished an 80 hour week and got the seventh day as a "standby". I also already have a three hour round trip commute and get up an hour before I leave.

If I can do it, anyone can. Just enjoy the OT while it lasts. Good jobs are hard to come by, and the extra cash never hurts either.

Good luck in the weeks to come.
  • Like 2

One of my grandsons is getting an average of 50 to 60 hours a week now and has been for about a month. He asked one of his supervisors if they knew how long the overtime was gonna last and all the guy could say was he had no idea. My grandson called me gripping and bitching about all the overtime and how he had no time on weekends to do anything but rest up on Sunday for the next week. I told him, " Do you remember 4 years ago when you were working for all those Temp Services and barely scraping by and worried all the time about being able to pay your bills. I do because it was me loaning you a few bucks here and there to get you through the week. I finally had a friend of mine get you that job you have now and you have gotten three raises, a newer car, checking account and savings account and your own place by listening to ole Grandpaw. Now listen one more time to him. Shut up, quit your bitching and enjoy all the overtime you can get because over time was always a blessing to me and you will have plenty of time to spend the money when the overtime ends." He said , "That is why I always call you instead of Mom and Tommy Grandpaw." They agree with me all the time and you give me pep talks."............................... :rofl:  :rofl:  

• Like 8

Not knocking the overtime. I welcome it. Was told today that overtime will be now until at least february of next year. Ramping up production in a few weeks and we are going to split into two shifts. Luckily, I'm on day shifts( which for a while won't see much if any sun). But it'll be worth it.

This week we have been working 12 hour days. I told the fiancee not to plan anything for a while. I may just only get one day a week off or no time off some weeks. Which if anyone has a family will be tough, but well worth it in the end.

Know I love the extra $$ i'm earning.It's a lot better than working retail or not having a job altogether.

• Like 1

Overtime GRAVY. Sop it up when you can, but don't drown in it. :up:  I have been a Blue Collar worker all my life.  I have had opportunities to get a salary job and sit behind a desk but I'm a Process Mechanic, that's what I do.  Those desk jockeys have to go to a gym to work out. I get a workout every day and get paid.

• Like 1

I used to work a LOT of OT. Some years I would make 50% more than my salary on OT. I hated the hours away from family, but the money was great. It did get me out of the workforce a couple of years earlier by paying off almost all of my bills and built a bigger nestegg than if I had not worked it. I would do it again gladly.

• Like 2

One of my grandsons is getting an average of 50 to 60 hours a week now and has been for about a month. He asked one of his supervisors if they knew how long the overtime was gonna last and all the guy could say was he had no idea. My grandson called me gripping and bitching about all the overtime and how he had no time on weekends to do anything but rest up on Sunday for the next week. I told him, " Do you remember 4 years ago when you were working for all those Temp Services and barely scraping by and worried all the time about being able to pay your bills. I do because it was me loaning you a few bucks here and there to get you through the week. I finally had a friend of mine get you that job you have now and you have gotten three raises, a newer car, checking account and savings account and your own place by listening to ole Grandpaw. Now listen one more time to him. Shut up, quit your bitching and enjoy all the overtime you can get because over time was always a blessing to me and you will have plenty of time to spend the money when the overtime ends." He said , "That is why I always call you instead of Mom and Tommy Grandpaw." They agree with me all the time and you give me pep talks."............................... :rofl:  :rofl:  

Wise words and sound advice. It's always satisfying when someone calls you on purpose, KNOWING you will give them non-PC advice. :)

• Like 2