Republican Wave

runco

Folks do not get too happy as of yet. Wait until we see what the future holds and then we can do a happy dance!

Just getting rid of Harry is cause for a happy dance. Besides, the Republicans HAVE done a decent job of holding Obama back.  I get the feeling that they're going to dick slap him for the next two years now. He needs it, and they really really want to do it.

• Like 3
I hope they don't squander this opportunity to something good for the country. Forget Obamacare-let it fail on its own when more people realize We The People can't afford it. And forget impeachment--he's broken no laws and you can't prosecute stupidity. The process will tear the country further apart. And, do you really want the idiot Biden? Get the economy on track, reinstitute the Constitution in everything that is done, and curb government meddling in our lives as well as stop abuses by the Administration, DOJ, IRS, EPA, etc. Or else we'll be back to square one in 2016 Edited by RoadKill
  • Like 1

Impeachment is bad politics. It cost the Repubs big time when they impeached Clinton. Not saying it should never happen. Just saying that it should only be done with LOTS of support. This last election may help stop the bleeding. But, if the power shifts back to the Dems in 2016, it won't matter. They need to run the damn country and fix the economy. If they do a blowjob impeachment, we're gonna wind up with the Hildabeest and a congress that supports her.

...It cost the Repubs big time when they impeached Clinton. ..If they do a blowjob impeachment, we're gonna wind up with the Hildabeest and a congress that supports her.

Well, it led to a Republican president so the second part of your premise doesn't necessarily totally follow.  Of course, the downside was that it was Dubya.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Are you gonna make me dig? :) I was paraphrasing Krauthammer. I trust that guy.

Well you don't have to dig far to see who the next prez after Slick Willie's impeachment was, eh?

106th Congress (Clinton's last year):

Senate: 46 dem 54 rep

House: 210 dem 222 rep

107th: Dubya's first term

Senate: 50/50

House: 211 dem 221 rep

So, all due respect to Charles and all, but seems clear the only real loss was the 4 seats in the Senate. The subsequent disastrous loss of both the House and Senate would have to be properly credited to the ongoing behavior of the Republican President and Congressmen over the next 8 years.

Hell, Hussein himself (and Pelosi) gave the House back to the GOP, the Republicans couldn't take it on their own.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2
  • Moderators

Hell, Hussein himself (and Pelosi) gave the House back to the GOP, the Republicans couldn't take it on their own.

- OS

This is the real takeaway. The Republicans won the Senate in spite of themselves. The greatest asset the Republicans had in the election were the Democrats.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 2

Well you don't have to dig far to see who the next prez after Slick Willie's impeachment was, eh?

106th Congress (Clinton's last year):

Senate: 46 dem 54 rep

House: 210 dem 222 rep

107th: Dubya's first term

Senate: 50/50

House: 211 dem 221 rep

So, all due respect to Charles and all, but seems clear the only real loss was the 4 seats in the Senate. The subsequent disastrous loss of both the House and Senate would have to be properly credited to the ongoing behavior of the Republican President and Congressmen over the next 8 years.

- OS

IIRC, a big difference is that the R's didn't take advantage of having the balance of power and tell the D's to go pack sand like the D's did under Obama. If one side has control and doesn't do anything worth a crap with it then why would the undecided stick with them? Voters become disillusioned and then become part of the majority that doesn't vote. It's a total fuster-cluck!!!

My big fear is that the Rep. will squander this advantage. Do nothing good in the next two years and the swingers will flip back to the other side of the fence and we will be screwed in 2016.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My big fear is that the Rep. will squander this advantage. Do nothing good in the next two years and the swingers will flip back to the other side of the fence and we will be screwed in 2016.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's how it's worked the last 40+ years I've been on this spinning ball of dirt. I see no reason for anything different to happen in January. I hope I get to hear a big loud chorus of "I told you so!" next year from you guys, but I'm betting against it.

• Like 1