Scope options

I am looking for a versatile scope for my AR 15. It came from the factory with cheap o red dot. I am NOT a fan. I'm not sure if a regular hunting style scope or a reflex scope or something like that would be a good option. I plan on doing a little hunting / plinking with it so I need something in between I suppose. From your guys experience what would be a good option. I don't really have a budget but I'm not going to spend something outrageous. Thanks in advance.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For less than $200 you can get a Leupold VX-1 or Nikon 3X9 most anywhere. You can pick up a one piece mount at the gun shows for $50. Then you are as good as the gun and the shooter can be.

Around $400-500 and you are into a whole slew of options.
Im not going to go the expensive route. I plan on being a little rough with the gun. So, high end optics aren't needed. Ive used leupold scopes. They have worked well for me in the past. A friend of mine has a nikon and I like the lense in it. Thanks for the info Dave.
I love my Nikon P-223. Clear and holds zero very well. I opted not to buy the $79 Nikon mount and went with a $25 1 piece mount from Amazon... That lasted about 3 months. I now have the Nikon mount on it and it is rock solid. But any quality mount will work.
I'm actually looking to put one of the P223's on one my recent builds. I hate to buy one now though because that's one that PSA usually puts great prices on when they get a bunch in. Or for Black Friday. Also the Bushnell AR Optics with the PEPR mounts is another one. I have one now and would definitely buy another.
  • 3 weeks later...

I LOVE my Redfield Battlezone 3-9x42mm. I dropped it inside my carrying case(which cushioned it, I know) from about 3 feet(ish) right onto the optic. It held 100% zero. That MIGHT have to do with the QD G,G,& G mount. :up:

I will check that out. Thanks for the reply!

I will look at the p-223. Do you hunt with yours or just plink around?

I have this on mine with ther two piece mount works great in the woods i have taken two deer with it this season found it at Academy in Smyrna scope and mounts for $149.00

I have the P-300 on one of my ARs, though I am not entirely sold on the BDC it is a good scope for the money and I have gotten used to the BDC enough to be able to hunt with it if I so choose.  The P-223 is virtually the same scope and some 300Blk owners have stated that they see no difference in the BDC.  I used a one piece millet scope ring base out of walmart for roughly $35 and it holds it just fine.