Working on moving to TN from Maryland

CA might be the land of Fruits and Nut but Maryland really wants be like them.  We copy every stupid idea they have.  I have had enough some time ago and have been working on getting out.  There is a good change I can get out this year.  In fact come May we have plans to come down to the Nashville area to look at housing.  We might and try and come down sooner but we are talking about 10 hours in a Car and Flying isn't cheap.

Outside of a little Hunting I did 20 years ago it has only been the last 2 years I have had any dealing with firearms.  Although I picked up the bug and did a fair amount of buying the first year.  Due to the fact I were glasses and my hands are only so stable I will never been anything more that someone who goes out shooting for fun.

Thanks

Robert

Nashville is a haven of northern refugees (including myself). You will find it quite suitable. Welcome!

My company has offices in Nashville, Chattanooga, and Memphis.  I have heard bad things about Memphis so that wasn't an option.  I actually preferred the Chattanooga area but my wife is going to need to find a Job and Chattanooga Unemployment levels are just too high.  Nashville numbers aren't too bad so that area made the most since. 

Thanks

Robert

Edited by rmiddle

Here's an appropriate test for you.  Pronounce "Maryland".  

Now, pronounce "Maryville".  

How did you do?

How I pronounce Maryland (Mar-Land Long A silent Y).  However very few people seem to actual be from Maryland.  Most of the people in the state are from other states.  Maryland has a huge Military population and more then a 1/3 of the states population are suburbs of Washington DC.  There was also a huge influx of people from PA when the Steel mills closed down in the 70's and a huge percentage of the Union jobs fled south to get away from the Union wages.  I am no exception to that rule.  I spent half my life in CA and PA before ending up in Maryland.  Something like a 1/3 of the states workforce works in some form of Government job not counting government contractors.  That explains a lot about our messed up state and local government.

Welome! I will be making my escape from Maryland here in the next month or so!! I can't wait to get out of here.

What part of Maryland?

Update: Duh I missed you were from Pasadena, MD.  You are from the same area as me.

Edited by rmiddle

RUN! don't walk away from there!

It has taken me 2 years to get to this point.  I have been working on getting out of MD since SB281 past.  For those outside Maryland that bill requires us to get finger printed apply for an ID just to buy a handgun upto of all the BS we already had to go though.  They also ban'd dangerous looking guns like the AR15, M1A, and AK47 but didn't band guns like AR10's.  The did this completely ignoring the largest outcry ever to show up in Annapolis.  Maryland sucks in so many ways it is hard to count.

Thanks

Robert

• 2 weeks later...