Boker Coye Ridgeback - Small fixed blade

• Administrator

Ok, this is the last of the small knives I picked up this past week.  This is a Bill Coye designed Boker Ridgeback.  There is actually a slightly nicer version of this available from Blade HQ, which has black carbon fiber scales and a black smoke-wash blade.  The one you see here came with olive drab Micarta scales and a satin finished 440C stainless blade and cost about 50% less at just a hair under $60.

The thing I like about this knife in particular is that the grip is so small.  It's about 2-3 fingers long which is just fine for a small hold out belt knife, in my opinion.  OAL is 6.75" and the blade is 3.375" of that.  It included a simple Kydex sheath and that same funky belt-clip thing that the Boker Sidekick in my other post included.

More info here:  http://www.bladehq.com/item--Boker-Plus-Ridgeback-Fixed-Blade--17468

i-vvsBbTM-X2.jpg

i-7HVrpj3-X2.jpg

i-x2t43Rw-X2.jpg

i-dDZZJB5-X2.jpg

i-5Wd5fcF-X2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Administrator

FWIW guys, take a bit of time and do some shopping.  I was able to negotiate a package price for the Ridgeback and the Sidekick that saved me about $25 overall with shipping included from a guy who was liquidating his inventory.  Blade HQ is a great shop but their prices are about what you can expect to find in general.  You can find lower prices if you search.

Ok, this is the last of the small knives I picked up this past week. This is a Bill Coye designed Boker Ridgeback. There is actually a slightly nicer version of this available from Blade HQ, which has black carbon fiber scales and a black smoke-wash blade. The one you see here came with olive drab Micarta scales and a satin finished 440C stainless blade and cost about 50% less at just a hair under $60.

The thing I like about this knife in particular is that the grip is so small. It's about 2-3 fingers long which is just fine for a small hold out belt knife, in my opinion. OAL is 6.75" and the blade is 3.375" of that. It included a simple Kydex sheath and that same funky belt-clip thing that the Boker Sidekick in my other post included.

More info here: http://www.bladehq.com/item--Boker-Plus-Ridgeback-Fixed-Blade--17468
i-vvsBbTM-X2.jpgi-7HVrpj3-X2.jpgi-x2t43Rw-X2.jpgi-dDZZJB5-X2.jpgi-5Wd5fcF-X2.jpg

Excellent knife and pictures as usual , what do you take your pics with ?

How does the sheath attach to the clip ? Edited by Fourtyfive
  • Administrator

Those pics are all taken with nothing more impressive than an iPhone 6.  I could break out the big DSLR but these days it takes special motivation for me to go through all of that.  Good photos are all about light and how you use it no matter what gear you shoot with.  :)

The sheath attaches to the clip with two screws that pass through the rivets.  The Tech-Lok attachments that I ordered will do the same thing, albeit be a lot better quality than the funky contraption that comes with the knives.

• Administrator

That's a beautiful knife :up:  I'm gonna have to make one of those.laugh.gif

You should!  It reminded me of one of the neck knives you built and posted recently.  Let me know if I can take any dimensions down for you or post some photos of different angles of it.

• Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor

You should!  It reminded me of one of the neck knives you built and posted recently.  Let me know if I can take any dimensions down for you or post some photos of different angles of it.

Thanks so much...I will. :up:

Dimensoins? I figure GT will do the "Big Gulp" version. :)

Those pics are all taken with nothing more impressive than an iPhone 6. I could break out the big DSLR but these days it takes special motivation for me to go through all of that. Good photos are all about light and how you use it no matter what gear you shoot with. :)

The sheath attaches to the clip with two screws that pass through the rivets. The Tech-Lok attachments that I ordered will do the same thing, albeit be a lot better quality than the funky contraption that comes with the knives.

I shoot mine with a I6 but they just don't seem to have the clarity yours do ...

What does the belt side of the sheath look like as far as attaching to a belt if you do not add what ever it was you ordered extra ?

Just ordered one , I'll deal with it when it gets here. Edited by Fourtyfive
  • Administrator

I shoot mine with a I6 but they just don't seem to have the clarity yours do ...

What does the belt side of the sheath look like as far as attaching to a belt if you do not add what ever it was you ordered extra ?

Just ordered one , I'll deal with it when it gets here.

Both sides of the sheath look the same. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Methinks someone has been bitten by the knife bug....

Heh... actually I've always had a pretty decent selection of folders, just hadn't been much on fixed blades until I discovered the more diminutive varieties.

Can we get a pic of it in the hand?

I happen to already have one...

i-qxJXF23-L.jpg

• Like 1

Beautiful knife. :up:

David beat me to it , these are just like the neck knives you are making. Let me know when to put in an order ; the big azz knife I already have from you is my favorite! I do need a kydex or leather sheath for it though ....

Edited by Fourtyfive

That's a nice looking knife!  I've been carrying a little fixed blade to go with a Wenger SAK for over a year know.  I switch between a CRKT Folts Minimalist and an Esee Izula.  I feel naked without one other other in my pocket.  I could easily see me adding one of these to the rotation! 

How good an edge does it hold?  Isn't 440C what Buck uses?