Donut jokes welcome!!

I lost my $hit when I saw a bacon donut.lol too funny. I love how the quasi forbidden treat has made its way to pizza crust and donuts. This could be a valuable tool for law enforcement. Bacon donuts at 3 am will help find Hoffa' s body! Edited by Dustbuster
  • Like 2

I like bacon but I think that it has become more a fad that has been overdone than something that really needs to be in/on everything.  I tried a bacon chocolate chip cookie from a bakery/coffee shop in Gatlinburg last year.  It was pretty good but, honestly, the bacon didn't add anything.  The cookie and the chocolate were by far the prevalent flavors.

I will not add to the donut/cop jokes.  Instead, I will relate an absolutely true story told to me by a friend who used to work at Krispy Kreme as a driver (and who, himself, sometimes still works events as an auxiliary deputy or whatever they are called with Knox County.)  When he worked there, my friend could get all the glazed donuts he wanted at no charge.  Yep, as many as he wanted absolutely free.  This was even if he wasn't working that, particular day (I went with him to pick up a couple of dozen on more than one occasion.)  So, one morning after his route - which was a third shift gig, more or less - he had a couple of dozen hot, fresh donuts in his passenger seat.  He was also in a hurry to get home and was, by his own admission, speeding.  Well, he saw blue lights and got pulled over.  He said that the officer walked up to his driver's side window and said, "Sir, do you know why I stopped you this mor...oooh, donuts!"  At which point, my friend said, "I just came from work at Krispy Kreme.  They are fresh and still warm.  Would you like a dozen?"  The officer accepted, told my friend to take it easy on the rest of his trip home and let him go.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 6

I like bacon but I think that it has become more a fad than has been overdone than something that really needs to be in/on everything.  I tried a bacon chocolate chip cookie from a bakery/coffee shop in Gatlinburg last year.  It was pretty good but, honestly, the bacon didn't add anything.  The cookie and the chocolate were by far the prevalent flavors.

I will not add to the donut/cop jokes.  Instead, I will relate an absolutely true story told to me by a friend who used to work at Krispy Kreme as a driver (and who, himself, sometimes still works events as an auxilary deputy or whatever they are called with Knox County.)  When he worked their, my friend could get all the glazed donuts he wanted at no charge.  Yep, as many as he wanted absolutely free.  This was even if he wasn't working that, particular day (I went with him to pick up a couple of dozen on more than one occasion.)  So, one morning after his route - which was a third shift gig, more or less - he had a couple of dozen hot, fresh donuts in his passenger seat.  He was also in a hurry to get home and was, by his own admission, speeding.  Well, he saw blue lights and got pulled over.  He said that the officer walked up to his driver's side window and said, "Sir, do you know why I stopped you this mor...oooh, donuts!"  At which point, my friend said, "I just came from work at Krispy Kreme.  They are fresh and still warm.  Would you like a dozen?"  The officer accepted, told my friend to take it easy on the rest of his trip home and let him go.

:rofl:  It's true! I knew it.

That's the breakfast of champions right there!

When I was a cop I refused to eat donuts at all just because I didn't want to feed the stereotype.

Once, when the subject came up on another forum I used to frequent (a Ford Mustang forum, I believe it was) one of the members, who was a cop, stated that yes, there is a correlation between cops and donuts and that there are good reasons for it.  From memory, a couple of the reasons he gave were:

1.  They are quick to grab and easy to scarf down if there happen to be some at the station when you are headed out on patrol and it will be a while until you can grab something else to eat

2.  Until recent times, few places were open late at night and if you happened to be working the night shift there weren't many culinary choices.  One place a cop on night patrol duty could grab a quick pick-me-up snack and a cup of coffee was at donut shops, which in many places are open late hours or even 24 hours.  Further, because the management and staff of donut shops drew comfort at those late hours from having a cop stop in every so often they would often give officers a cup of coffee on the house.

Edited by JAB

Once, when the subject came up on another forum I used to frequent (a Ford Mustang forum, I believe it was) one of the members, who was a cop, stated that yes, there is a correlation between cops and donuts and that there are good reasons for it.  From memory, a couple of the reasons he gave were:

1.  They are quick to grab and easy to scarf down if there happen to be some at the station when you are headed out on patrol and it will be a while until you can grab something else to eat

2.  Until recent times, few places were open late at night and if you happened to be working the night shift there weren't many culinary choices.  One place a cop on night patrol duty could grab a quick pick-me-up snack and a cup of coffee was at donut shops, which in many places are open late hours or even 24 hours.  Further, because the management and staff of donut shops drew comfort at those late hours from having a cop stop in every so often they would often give officers a cup of coffee on the house.

Yes, coffee is what drove most in. Some also have more than doughnuts as well. I didn't have a doughnut shop in my town, but one was fairly close. We had convenience stores which caused me to eat a hell of a lot more packaged foods than I cared to. Heck, I'll still eat a microwaved burrito on occasion. :)  I couldn't drink the coffee because it would keep me up when I got home and tried to sleep.