PSA AK

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ain't it the truth!

AR stocks on Ak and shotguns should be banned.

Say what you like, but everyone in my family can comfortably shoot my Saiga, regardless of size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I love PSA but they priced it too high IMO. Yes, I know they will sell like crazy but I won't be jumping on this bandwagon. They were getting ripped a new one on Facebook for pricing it so high.

If they eventually drop the price down to $550 or so then I'll gladly pick one up. I've been wanting an AK.

I love PSA but they priced it too high IMO. Yes, I know they will sell like crazy but I won't be jumping on this bandwagon. They were getting ripped a new one on Facebook for pricing it so high.

If they eventually drop the price down to $550 or so then I'll gladly pick one up. I've been wanting an AK.

WASRs have gone over that for now. Better grab one while they're still under 6 bills. Might never see $550 for any new AK again.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/cai-ak-47-wasr-10-7-62x39mm-rifle-detail.html?Itemid=0

- OS

According to my local gun store the WASR is "pure garbage"  :shake:

I don't agree though.

He's a snob parrot. WASRs are the Glocks of the AK world. They're actually quite more consistently well turned out over the last 2 or 3 years too. Current ones even come with solid wood stocks instead of laminated plywood too.

- OS

I just read an article, I will see if I can find it, where a business that rents full auto guns detailed what guns have failed. Romanian, including the WASRs, have NEVER failed other than the barrels being shot out. All others have receivers that crack right behind the front trunion. Because of this I am going to be buying a standard Draco in the next week or so. It will get the full retard treatment as far as tactical build goes and will be SBRd.

I recently bought a DDI AK built here in Knoxville. It uses brand new Bulgarian parts kits and it is a VERY nice AK for $700. Without a doubt it is the most accurate AK I have ever shot. We had some discussions about the FENOCite treatment but mine is an early gun that was treat 100%. Current production only has the barrel, bolt and carrier treated. I feel at $700 mine is a deal because the entire gun is treated but the current production is a little high for what you get.

For 99% of AK shooters a WASR will work fine providing the sights are not canted but honestly I have not heard of a WASR with canted sights for a long time.

But if I had to choose between the PSA AK and the DDI AK for the price I would pick a DDI. But if I needed an AK that just works, and may not look all that great, I would gladly buy a WASR.

Snagged a MAK-90 for $425, a Maadi RPM for $400 and a Russian Saiga for $325 at auction.  $750 is way too high

When was that?

Snagged a MAK-90 for $425, a Maadi RPM for $400 and a Russian Saiga for $325 at auction.  $750 is way too high

Average dealer COST on a WASR is now in the $550. You sir got a steal and can never replace it for that. Also, is the Saiga converted?

Edited by whitewolf001

*begins vomiting profusely*  :yuck:  :puke:  

I believe it was Ivan Chesnokov who once said...

WHY YOU WANT RAIL FOR KALASHNIKOV? IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AS PROCURED FROM IZHEVSK MECHANICAL WORKS? YOU THINK NEEDS IMPROVEMENT? THEN MAYBE YOU FIND JOB WITH ARMY OF RUSSIA! YOU HAVE DRINKS WITH MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV, TRADE STORY OF MANY WEAPONS DESIGNED AND DETAILS OF SCHOOL FOR ENGINEERING! 

OR MAYBE YOU NOT DO THIS. PROBABLY IS BECAUSE YOU NEVER DESIGN WEAPON IN WHOLE LIFE. YOU LOOK AT FINE RUSSIAN RIFLE, THINK IT NEED CRAZY SHIT STICK ON ALL SIDES OF WEAPON. YOU HAVE DISEASE OF AMERICAN CAPITALIST, CHANGE THING THAT IS FINE FOR NO REASON EXCEPT TO LOOK DIFFERENT FROM COMRADE. YOU PUT CHEAP FLASHLIGHT OF CHINESE SLAVE FACTORY ON ONE SIDE, YOU PUT BAD SCOPE OF AMERICAN MIDDLE WEST ON OTHER SIDE, YOU PUT FRONT PISTOL GRIP ON BOTTOM SO YOU ARE LIKE AMERICAN MOVIE GUY JOHN RAMBO. MAYBE YOU PUT SEX DILDO ON TOP TO F*** YOURSELF IN A**HOLE FOR MAKING SHAMEFUL TRAVESTY OF RIFLE OF MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV, NO? 

RIFLE IS FINE. YOU F*** IT, IT ONLY GET HEAVY AND YOU STILL NO HIT LARGEST SIDE OF BARN. GO TO FIRING RANGE, PRACTICE WITH MANY MAGAZINE OF CARTRIDGE. THEN YOU NOT NEED DUMB SHIT PUT ON SIDE OF RIFLE.

• Like 4

I believe it was Ivan Chesnokov who once said...

WHY YOU WANT RAIL FOR KALASHNIKOV? IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AS PROCURED FROM IZHEVSK MECHANICAL WORKS? YOU THINK NEEDS IMPROVEMENT? THEN MAYBE YOU FIND JOB WITH ARMY OF RUSSIA! YOU HAVE DRINKS WITH MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV, TRADE STORY OF MANY WEAPONS DESIGNED AND DETAILS OF SCHOOL FOR ENGINEERING! 

OR MAYBE YOU NOT DO THIS. PROBABLY IS BECAUSE YOU NEVER DESIGN WEAPON IN WHOLE LIFE. YOU LOOK AT FINE RUSSIAN RIFLE, THINK IT NEED CRAZY #### STICK ON ALL SIDES OF WEAPON. YOU HAVE DISEASE OF AMERICAN CAPITALIST, CHANGE THING THAT IS FINE FOR NO REASON EXCEPT TO LOOK DIFFERENT FROM COMRADE. YOU PUT CHEAP FLASHLIGHT OF CHINESE SLAVE FACTORY ON ONE SIDE, YOU PUT BAD SCOPE OF AMERICAN MIDDLE WEST ON OTHER SIDE, YOU PUT FRONT PISTOL GRIP ON BOTTOM SO YOU ARE LIKE AMERICAN MOVIE GUY JOHN RAMBO. MAYBE YOU PUT SEX DILDO ON TOP TO F*** YOURSELF IN A**HOLE FOR MAKING SHAMEFUL TRAVESTY OF RIFLE OF MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV, NO? 

RIFLE IS FINE. YOU F*** IT, IT ONLY GET HEAVY AND YOU STILL NO HIT LARGEST SIDE OF BARN. GO TO FIRING RANGE, PRACTICE WITH MANY MAGAZINE OF CARTRIDGE. THEN YOU NOT NEED DUMB #### PUT ON SIDE OF RIFLE.

Tell me I'm not the only one who read this to themselves with a poor russian accent....

Edited by XxthejuicexX
  • Like 5

If you're not familiar with Ivan Chesnakov, google his name and read some of his musings.  I'm not sure if it has even been confirmed that he is a real person, or several people...but they are usually good for belly laugh.

I just read an article, I will see if I can find it, where a business that rents full auto guns detailed what guns have failed. Romanian, including the WASRs, have NEVER failed other than the barrels being shot out. All others have receivers that crack right behind the front trunion. Because of this I am going to be buying a standard Draco in the next week or so. It will get the full retard treatment as far as tactical build goes and will be SBRd.

I recently bought a DDI AK built here in Knoxville. It uses brand new Bulgarian parts kits and it is a VERY nice AK for $700. Without a doubt it is the most accurate AK I have ever shot. We had some discussions about the FENOCite treatment but mine is an early gun that was treat 100%. Current production only has the barrel, bolt and carrier treated. I feel at $700 mine is a deal because the entire gun is treated but the current production is a little high for what you get.

For 99% of AK shooters a WASR will work fine providing the sights are not canted but honestly I have not heard of a WASR with canted sights for a long time.

But if I had to choose between the PSA AK and the DDI AK for the price I would pick a DDI. But if I needed an AK that just works, and may not look all that great, I would gladly buy a WASR.

When was that?

This is the article you are referring to: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/06/03/how-many-rounds-can-an-ak-fire-before-it-breaks-down/

Average dealer COST on a WASR is now in the $550. You sir got a steal and can never replace it for that. Also, is the Saiga converted?

Saiga is not converted yet, waiting on conversion parts.  I had wanted a MAK-90 for a while.  AKs werent moving, but lorcin, jennings, and hipoints were bringing 700+ for lots of 10 used and unknown condition

also snagged a intratec tec-22 for $125 and it runs like a top haha

That is it.

When they say a cracked trunion it makes you wonder which one, front or back. The back can take a pretty serious pounding if the gun is over gassed.

I misread, it was the barrels on the Romanian guns that lasted. But even so lasting three years as a full auto seeing more rounds in day than I shoot in a year is pretty impressive.

I have owned four Romanian guns now and I am about to buy my fifth because I like them so much. They are not as pretty as most AKs and sometimes there is fit and finish issues but I really like them. Kind of like the 1985 Ford temp I had. It was ugly as sin, body panels rusted away and those that weren't was covered in dents from hail. But with all the cosmetic issues that car went everywhere and did everything. The Romanian guns are the same, not pretty but boy do they work.

The next Draco I buy I am going to make sure everything mechanically is good then I will register it as an SBR. I will probably swap in a trunion for a fixed stock so I can use the Magpul Zhukov stock but in the mean time I will probably use the usual setup of ACE folder and stock. But I have no doubts I will pass it on to my son or granddaughter.