RIP Christopher Lee

One of the finest actors ever to step foot in hollywood.  Rest in peace ole buddy.

Dracula, Count Dooku, Saruman, the list goes on.  The man was making movies before any of us was even born.....well, except maybe OhhShoot, He was probably in the ticket line for his debut performance.  LOL!!!!!!!

He also had, what I believe to be, one of the two finest voices in show business.  James Earl Jones and Christopher Lee are the two most POWERFUL voices one will ever on the big screen.   You will be missed Mr. Lee.....but hey, death is unavoidable and the man passed away at 93!!!!!  What a helluva run he had!!!!!

• Like 2

.... The man was making movies before any of us was even born.....well, except maybe OhhShoot, He was probably in the ticket line for his debut performance.  LOL!!!!!!!

Hell, he was just a whippersnapper compared to me when I first saw him on screen. ;)

Seriously, it's always sad to see one of the film greats I grew up with passing on,  regardless of their main genre.

Ever see the original The Wicker Man? A somewhat offbeat role for him, and a good all around flick too.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 3
Christopher Lee had one of the greatest resumes in Hollywood history. He did everything from some of the worst movies of alltime to making appearances in some of the most note worthy , and giving us unforgettable performances in everything did. Edited by hipower

Received this from a friend today

Filming a scene in Return of the King (seen only in the extended version), when Grima Wormtongue (Brad Dourif) stabs Saruman in the back on top of the tower, Christopher Lee corrected Peter Jackson on the fact that when a person is stabbed in the back of the chest, they do not scream (as the director wanted), in fact the air is pushed out of their lungs and they “groan” with an exhalation of air, very quietly, as their lungs have been punctured.
From Peter Jackson’s DVD commentary: “When I was shooting the stabbing shot with Christopher, as a director would, I was explaining to him what he should do… And he says, ‘Peter, have you ever heard the sound a man makes when he’s stabbed in the back?’ And I said, 'Um, no.’ And he says 'Well, I have, and I know what to do.’”

Apparently he was SAS in WWII.

• Moderators

Received this from a friend today

Filming a scene in Return of the King (seen only in the extended version), when Grima Wormtongue (Brad Dourif) stabs Saruman in the back on top of the tower, Christopher Lee corrected Peter Jackson on the fact that when a person is stabbed in the back of the chest, they do not scream (as the director wanted), in fact the air is pushed out of their lungs and they “groan” with an exhalation of air, very quietly, as their lungs have been punctured.
From Peter Jackson’s DVD commentary: “When I was shooting the stabbing shot with Christopher, as a director would, I was explaining to him what he should do… And he says, ‘Peter, have you ever heard the sound a man makes when he’s stabbed in the back?’ And I said, 'Um, no.’ And he says 'Well, I have, and I know what to do.’”

Apparently he was SAS in WWII.

Not only that, but I read he fought on the Finnish side in the Winter War against Russia and hunted Nazis after the end of World War II.