Walmart Strikes again. T.I.C.S

Well this morning I was going to by a Rifle at Walmart.  Yea  I know I know but it was a deal that couldn't be passed up.

Got there a little early just because I had allot of driving to do today.  Another guy said he had already paged them and had been waiting about 30 minutes just to get the ammo counter open.Finally the walmart person comes back with the keys.  I tell him want I want, he takes his time, as slow as possible it seems, go to the back, comes back about 10 minutes later with the gun the gun I want to buy. I check it out and i am rdy to do the paper work.  At this point he tells me TICS is closed and to come back in a few hours. 

1, I was pretty sure TICS was open but he pretty much made it clear I would have to come back in a few hours.  I told him I wouldn't be availalbe.

So I end up leaving Walmart at 8:55 a.m. Eastern.  He told me TICS would not be open until 10 eastern which I knew wasn't right, I was pretty sure they would be open by 9.  However it was like trying to argue a speeding ticket on the side of the road.  Not going to win like that.

So I left Oak Ridge and stopped at Clinton (which was on my way today) went in and brought the Mossberg 702 plinkster .22lr.

Besides waiting over 10 minutes for a walmart employee to finish his break, issues with the computer not letting me sign the digital form for a bit and waiting on another manger to come review everything and walk me out it was more of a hassle then it should have been.

So I am back home and had time to look up a post by OS confirming tics opens at 9 a.m.  However the Oak Ridge employee in short said they would not sell any guns until 10 a.m.

"The Tennessee bureau of investigation shall establish a telephone number that shall be operational seven (7) days a week between the hours of eight o'clock a.m. and ten o'clock p.m. Central Standard Time (8:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. (CST)), except Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Independence Day, for the purpose of responding to inquiries from dealers for a criminal history record check under this section."

- OS

From TCA 39-17-1316:

FYI, I took the plinkster out only put 60 rounds though it with no issues.

Edited by vontar

nm, misread

Hope you enjoy the Plinkster. I have the 802, second one has been fine except for heavy trigger (bolt fell apart on the first one, long story).

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I have had so many problems out of my local Walmart I am done going to the store. That particular store is the only one in the area like it. The "associates" act like they hate having a job and they customers are just the annoyance of being able to collect a paycheck without doing much at all.

I had a worker refuse to sell me a gun because my signature was wrong. I pulled out my drivers license and a passport to verify my signature as real. He said it must be my entire name written out and it must be legible. I told him it was my signature and he said he would not sell me a gun.  

If you, or anyone, has a problem with their Walmart call and complain about it. You should not be treated badly when you are trying to give them your hard earned money.

It's crazy how far down the crapper Walmart has gone.

I think it has a lot to do with their wages being so low and they way they treat employees now versus when Same was alive and running it. When you pay such low wages that most decent folks who want to work, won't even consider filling out an application (for mostly $7.65 an hour and part time positions), you get the general pissed off don't give a crap about anything employees. On top of that, you might also be encountering some anti-gun employees.

Fwiw...

I bought a Plinkster from The Old Fort Walmart in Murfreesboro some years back. It's a decent shooting little 22. Very light weight. Enjoy it. :up:

I'm probably going to sale mine since I have a Ruger 10/22 with heavy target barrel now. I probably only shot 60 rounds out of the plinkster to date and it has sat in the closet in the box most of its life.