Surefire 100rd Mags On Sale 50% Off

It's not about the weight, it's about the fire suppression and capability to stay engaged in the fight without as many mag changes (for military). :up:

No rifleman in the Army uses 100rd magazines in their M4's.  Shooting from the prone position with that behemoth would be a nightmare.

Edited by btq96r

No rifleman in the Army uses 100rd magazines in their M4's.  Shooting from the prone position with that behemoth would be a nightmare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bCLNum-pug

You'll note in this video, the guys still laid down with the mag, but used the gun's side mounted backup sights.

Technology, ingenuity and training solve a lot of issues. :up:
  • Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bCLNum-pug

You'll note in this video, the guys still laid down with the mag, but used the gun's side mounted backup sights.

Technology, ingenuity and training solve a lot of issues. :up:

Staged military actor BS.  That kid isn't using his issue weapon, made sure he isn't showing any USMC emblems on his uniform or kit (because it's against regs), and was spouting what Surefire paid him to say.

Combat and combat support troops in conventional units don't get side mounted backup sights.  I can't even remember seeing any on SOF weapons, though my experience there is admittedly limited.  So, the inability to fire from the prone with that magazine still stands.  I'll eat my hat if any of these 100rd mags are inside the magwell of an M4 carried by a conventional infantryman outside the wire in Afghanistan.

Edited by btq96r

Those things have got to be rough on a mag catch.  Imagine doing what a soldier has to do physically, and all that weight on the mag catch.  

I think they have a good purpose, if they feed.  Like on the firing line at Knob Creek.  Now there's a good place for them!

• Like 1

Those things have got to be rough on a mag catch.  Imagine doing what a soldier has to do physically, and all that weight on the mag catch.  

I think they have a good purpose, if they feed.  Like on the firing line at Knob Creek.  Now there's a good place for them!

The mag catch will hold up, i have a custom side mount 100 rdnutsacks and 180rd uptight saw box...
  • Like 1

The mag catch will hold up, i have a custom side mount 100 rdnutsacks and 180rd uptight saw box...

Do you have and use any Surefire 100rd mags? They work good?

If not, we can meet up again and I'll let you test these out with your FA. :up:

Do you have and use any Surefire 100rd mags? They work good?If not, we can meet up again and I'll let you test these out with your FA. :up:

I've only tried a 60, it couldn't feed the next round fast enough in FA, i was shooting wolf and i think the metal case ammo had resistance.with the follower, if they were plastic it probably be a lot better.